Thunder acquires 18th pick

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:53 am
Quazza wrote:yer that's a great move by both teams

Man, you've got to be impressed with Presti.

Well, maybe not... we don't know how it was. Maybe it was Miami who called offering their pick to free up some more cap room for free agency. In that case, you only have to be impressed with Presti for not being a moron... :wink:

If, instead, he called Miami... well, it's one more smart move to his resumé.

Banned
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:24 pm
bada wrote:WOW, Miami in an effort to clear out cap space has traded Daquan Cook AND the 18th pick to the Thunder. What did the Thunder give up? The 32nd pick!!! LOL

WHy cant our front office do something like that?????

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... rade062310

well because other GM's can smell desperation a mile away and want to crucify the warriors in any trade.

Thats a terrific pick miami gave up to clear out a small amount of space. they are really desperate to keep wade and bring in another big name free agent. OKl is really taking advantage fo teams that want to clear money. Okl seems to have a great future ahead of them
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:33 pm
Honestly if I was new to basketball, OKC would be the team I run with. They're doing EVERYTHING the right way.

They are my 2nd favorite team right now.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:04 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Honestly if I was new to basketball, OKC would be the team I run with. They're doing EVERYTHING the right way.

really hard not to like the Thunder. I used to love the Sonics back in the Reignman / GP days.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:15 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Honestly if I was new to basketball, OKC would be the team I run with. They're doing EVERYTHING the right way.

really hard not to like the Thunder. I used to love the Sonics back in the Reignman / GP days.

Omg.. Kemp is my favorite player possibly of all time. Him and Sir Charles.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI[/youtube]

2nd greatest in game dunk of all time ... of course next to Baron over Kirilenko.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:41 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Omg.. Kemp is my favorite player possibly of all time. Him and Sir Charles.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI[/youtube]

2nd greatest in game dunk of all time ... of course next to Baron over Kirilenko.

When I lived in Seattle I lived on the same street, one block away, from Shawn Kemp. He had a big ass house and a ton of cars out front. His yard always looked like **** though.

I only saw Kemp a few times, but I saw Detlef Shrempf many times at the nearby REI and super market.

Don't hit me Rob :mrgreen:
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:07 am
xbay wrote:The Thunder are a big man away from being a playoff contender to a championship contender.

If their front office keeps making moves like this, they'll be there in no time. I'm definitely liking that franchise.

Agreed and the Thunder deserve success now, what great moves.

Miami also got better with this move and I do think they'll get Amare and maybe even Boozer. All they'll need is a pretty good distributing PG and they're a championship caliber team, even without one they'd be with that team

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:41 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:The Thunder are a big man away from being a playoff contender to a championship contender.

If their front office keeps making moves like this, they'll be there in no time. I'm definitely liking that franchise.

Agreed and the Thunder deserve success now, what great moves.

Miami also got better with this move and I do think they'll get Amare and maybe even Boozer. All they'll need is a pretty good distributing PG and they're a championship caliber team, even without one they'd be with that team

Boozer and Amare will give them a better version of what we have. TOO MANY PF's. unless Amare plays center. Until then, they need to get a center.
~LilBallerx~

Previous

Return to NBA Forum