*OFFICIAL 2010 NBA Offseason Movement Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:14 am
xbay wrote:What's the news on Rudy Fernandez? Does anyone know? I heard he's being shopped... with Toronto and Houston show interest. I heard Calderon could be included in that deal.

They should make a team with nothing but spanish players. That would be fun. Unfortunately, spain can't produce good SF's or SG's (Fernandez really the only one).

Calderon, Rubio (currently in spain), Rodriguez
Navarro (currently in spain)
Fernandez
Gasol
Gasol

Not a bad lineup. And if Rubio and Navarro ever decided to come back, i think this could be an ok lineup. They can beat the clippers.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:20 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:What's the news on Rudy Fernandez? Does anyone know? I heard he's being shopped... with Toronto and Houston show interest. I heard Calderon could be included in that deal.

They should make a team with nothing but spanish players. That would be fun. Unfortunately, spain can't produce good SF's or SG's (Fernandez really the only one).

Calderon, Rubio (currently in spain), Rodriguez
Navarro (currently in spain)
Fernandez
Gasol
Gasol

Not a bad lineup. And if Rubio and Navarro ever decided to come back, i think this could be an ok lineup. They can beat the clippers.

We have a few more guys in Spain that could play a pretty big role in the NBA, like Felipe Reyes, who Bada would LOVE. He's the typical undersized PF that plays with a NASTY streak and is a monster on the boards. Add a pretty decent inside game, with several ways to score and he'd be perfect to play a 7th man role.

Really, there are a few more guys here that should be in the NBA (not many, tho... and most of them are young kids with more potential than present).

As for Rudy... well, he wants to come back to Spain, but he's under contract... so it's not gonna be an easy situation for both sides.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:20 pm
Jermaine O' Neal. 'nuff said
~LilBallerx~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:44 pm
SO the Lebron-Wade-Bosh meeting apparently happened this past weekend. I guess, according to marc stein and chris brussard of ESPN, the three have a committment of going to Miami. Officially, James will remain non-committed, but bosh and wade have signed on board.

If this does happen (and still, this is a big if), is this good for basketball?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:50 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:SO the Lebron-Wade-Bosh meeting apparently happened this past weekend. I guess, according to marc stein and chris brussard of ESPN, the three have a committment of going to Miami. Officially, James will remain non-committed, but bosh and wade have signed on board.

I've been talking about that possibility for the last few months. And it's not the first meeting regarding those signings... Wade's been working on that since the Cavs' season ended...

And yes, it's great for bball to have big teams. I don't see a problem with that. It's gonna be really interesting to see how their egos mesh, and how they share the shots and the like. And let's remember how very talented teams (Blazers a decade ago, Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone) don't always win it all...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:32 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:SO the Lebron-Wade-Bosh meeting apparently happened this past weekend. I guess, according to marc stein and chris brussard of ESPN, the three have a committment of going to Miami. Officially, James will remain non-committed, but bosh and wade have signed on board.

I've been talking about that possibility for the last few months. And it's not the first meeting regarding those signings... Wade's been working on that since the Cavs' season ended...

And yes, it's great for bball to have big teams. I don't see a problem with that. It's gonna be really interesting to see how their egos mesh, and how they share the shots and the like. And let's remember how very talented teams (Blazers a decade ago, Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone) don't always win it all...

yeah, i know you been talking about it. I've responded to you before. Just reporting what happened over the weekend.

And i think this is bad for basketball. I think this would be more powerful than the lakers in 2003-2004. Payton and Malone were way beyond their prime. And that was only a 1 year thing. This would be a 5 year experiment.

I will say this, if this happens, this should end the discussion as to who is the best all time. Kobe and Jordan didn't have to move to find a ring. LeBron did.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:46 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:

yeah, i know you been talking about it. I've responded to you before. Just reporting what happened over the weekend.

And i think this is bad for basketball. I think this would be more powerful than the lakers in 2003-2004. Payton and Malone were way beyond their prime. And that was only a 1 year thing. This would be a 5 year experiment.

I will say this, if this happens, this should end the discussion as to who is the best all time. Kobe and Jordan didn't have to move to find a ring. LeBron did.

I hope LeBron, D-Wade and Bosh all sign together in Miami. I think it would show how gutless LeBron would be for not trying to stick it out in his hometown. I'll have a good time rooting against Miami all season long :)

This would be good for the NBA on an intrigue level, so good for ratings.

It would be bad from the perspective that too much talent is allowed to migrate to the same team. This why the Lakers and Celtics have been so dominant for so long. I'd rather have a more even spread of talent throughout the league, and have the entire league be more competitive, than to just have a handful of overly dominant teams.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:01 am
Lol @ LeBron being gutless for not staying with an abismal franchise with no leaders outside of himself with a horrible supporting cast [now they're stuck with Crappison]... Seriously... when your 2nd best player is Mo Williams, somethings wrong.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:24 am
Beast Mode wrote:Lol @ LeBron being gutless for not staying with an abismal franchise with no leaders outside of himself with a horrible supporting cast [now they're stuck with Crappison]... Seriously... when your 2nd best player is Mo Williams, somethings wrong.

LOL at Beast starting half of his posts with a LOL of other people's posts :roll:

LeBron puts the onus of greatness upon himself when he talks about how he wants to be great and do things in the league that nobody else has done. Signing with a team that has two other max contract players, and Riley as the coach, wouldn't make LeBron great at all. It would show that he doesn't think he can win a championship without the help of other great players. If he stayed in Cleveland it would show that he is striving for true greatness.

The Cavs had the best record of the regular season and they did pretty well in the playoffs. There is no reason to believe that they can't win a championship with just a little tweaking here and there.

These mass migrations of high-end talent to a single team are just weak.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:38 am
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Lol @ LeBron being gutless for not staying with an abismal franchise with no leaders outside of himself with a horrible supporting cast [now they're stuck with Crappison]... Seriously... when your 2nd best player is Mo Williams, somethings wrong.

LOL at Beast starting half of his posts with a LOL of other people's posts :roll:

LeBron puts the onus of greatness upon himself when he talks about how he wants to be great and do things in the league that nobody else has done. Signing with a team that has two other max contract players, and Riley as the coach, wouldn't make LeBron great at all. It would show that he doesn't think he can win a championship without the help of other great players. If he stayed in Cleveland it would show that he is striving for true greatness.

The Cavs had the best record of the regular season and they did pretty well in the playoffs. There is no reason to believe that they can't win a championship with just a little tweaking here and there.

Nobody has won a title without the help of other great players. Its not LeBrons fault that the Cavs suck ass. He brought them from complete garbage to the upper middle of the pack by himself, but you cant win a title with such crappy teammates. The only way I look down on LeBron for the decision he makes is if he chooses to go somewhere that there is not a chance to win a title. If he goes to NY by himself, I would say he is feeding his ego, but by going to Miami with other great players, he is allowing himself to be part of a winning puzzle.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:23 am
My take is this: if he wins 7 rings in Miami, everybody will remember him, and Wade, and Bosh, as the top team ever. Maybe not best player ever... but, let's be honest, we wasn't going to surpass MJ by any means at his current pace (in rings and big games, I mean, not stats).
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:45 am
"Always" Next wrote:
Chum wrote:

Nobody has won a title without the help of other great players. Its not LeBrons fault that the Cavs suck ass. He brought them from complete garbage to the upper middle of the pack by himself, but you cant win a title with such crappy teammates. The only way I look down on LeBron for the decision he makes is if he chooses to go somewhere that there is not a chance to win a title. If he goes to NY by himself, I would say he is feeding his ego, but by going to Miami with other great players, he is allowing himself to be part of a winning puzzle.

Most NBA Championship Teams (not named The Lakers or Celtics) had one great player and a few other players that played very well or were great role players.

Scottie Pippen would never have been a great player without Jordan. Rodman was a great "role-player." Would Pippen be considered great if he had never played with Jordan, no. Would Jordan have been great without Pippen, yes.

Olajuwan had Drexler. Drexler was really good but not great on his own.

Duncan had some very good players ,but he showed that he could win with or without David Robinson. Robinson couldn't win without Duncan.

I'm not saying LeBron shouldn't try to get more talent to compliment him, on whatever team he's on, but making a deal with Wade and Bosh to play together seems like a cop out.

If LeBron never talked about wanting to be great and about doing something nobody else has done in the NBA then this is all moot, but he has. He's putting this on himself. If he wants to do something nobody else in the NBA has done, he should try to win a title in Cleveland.

Still, like I said, I hope the Miami super merge happens. I'm not a fan of LeBron and it would great to see him fail on the super merge team. Just like it was good to see Karl Malone fail with the Lakers.

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:52 am
Oh, now it all makes sense. You're a LeBron hater :) Lol @ expecting him to win a championship without another great player or a great cast of teammates [Pistons] .... or a great coach [did you forget that guy by the name of Phil Jackson? Yeah... he helps sometimes] ...

People have unrealistic expectations of LeBron... even when his teammates missed EVERY shot in the playoffs it was still all his fault. He can't have ONE off night, ever. It's LeBron. He's the new guy we hold to ridiculous standards.

And this Miami merge would be sick. Every Miami game would be on ESPN.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:53 am
I really have nothing to base this on but I think LeBron landing in Miami is MORE than remote... dont think it will happen at all.

I think Bulls and Cavs (especially with Shaw looking like he will be the coach) are about 50-50 with a small chance to the Nets. Miami and Knicks are huge longshots in my mind.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:00 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Oh, now it all makes sense. You're a LeBron hater :) Lol @ expecting him to win a championship without another great player or a great cast of teammates [Pistons] .... or a great coach [did you forget that guy by the name of Phil Jackson? Yeah... he helps sometimes] ...

People have unrealistic expectations of LeBron... even when his teammates missed EVERY shot in the playoffs it was still all his fault. He can't have ONE off night, ever. It's LeBron. He's the new guy we hold to ridiculous standards.

And this Miami merge would be sick. Every Miami game would be on ESPN.

Beast I'd have no problem with LeBron if he didn't hype himself up, but since he does he should walk the walk.

The Cavs owner is willing to give LeBron whatever he wants, at least he'll try to. He'll get him a new coach, new GM, new players etc. If LeBron was playing for Cohan I wouldn't blame him for a second for wanting to leave.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum