San Jose Sharks

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:43 pm
What huge bounce back win for us. At least Boyle was able to redeem himself by scoring our only goal in regulation. Pavelski... CLUTCH.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:38 am
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,238284
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:40 pm
I read that, and its so retarded. The Wings have dominated the past decade and more, and now the league is against them. Give me a break. I read it on the ESPN boards also, and Wings fans are just bitching like crazy. The refs were bad, but you know they were bad both ways.

The Wings on the PP and they get a phantom call on Bertuzzi. They say Vlasic dove, but really he fell and the ref called it. Bad call. Ok, now the Sharks finish the 4 on 4 and go on the PP, and the Wings play Lazy and the defender gets his stick between the legs and up over the thigh and hauls the puck carrier down, that's a penalty, they have nobody but themselves to blame for creating the 5 on 3. The 5 on 4 may not have been their fault, but they got outworked and it cost them. The Wings use their sticks a ton on players.

Compare that to the sharks PK, which is about working. They get to the buck and body the player and try to get the puck out. They rarely chop at the stick of the other players or hook or anything. Most of the work is about body positioning, while the wings are very active with their sticks.

Another point, Sharks on the PP, heatley drives to the net like you should and he gets pushed into Howard, and gets called for interference. You're telling me that is not on the same level? just because the sharks worked through it and did not allow a goal?

The Goalie interference on Nabokov is interesting to me. I think the Sharks don't want to get into wrestling matches in front with Holmstrom, Cleary...etc. I think Nabokov is workin the refs a bit to reduce the advantage detroit has in front of the net. and I think that is smart.

These WIngs guys get so hurt after going down 2-0. Look at when pavelski crashed the net and the Detroit player jumped and dove on him and gave him two rabbit punches to the back of the head.

Its a cop out to talk about the officiating as THE reason for losing. They give no credit to the sharks who are outworking the Wings and outhitting them. NOt to mention, the faceoffs were won almost everytime by the Sharks. Thornton won so many clean draws to the point. It was insane, but apparently the Wing fans think all the penalties should be even. Maybe before the game, set it up so detroit will have 5 power plays and the Sharks will have 5. Please, that's not the way it works. These spoiled ass detroit fans are worse than the Colorado fans complaining about the refs.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:44 pm
PATRICK MARLEAU. Where have you been? I'm glad you showed up in the end. 3-0 has got me feeling good. I would assume the Red Wings take game 4 and we end it back home in game 5. But hey, I'll take a sweep! :)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:32 pm
Man to have that goal come off such a bad line change was a sign of something hahaha. Sweep would be nice, let Chicago and Vancouver beat each other up a bit. Sharks need to just end game four in the first. Go up by a couple, the wings won't want to come back.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:38 am
Uhhhhhhh... :oops:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:08 pm
well instead, Detroit ended it in the first. SHarks not moving their feet, looking overmatched, almost seemingly conceding game 4, not good. But i think they'll be flyin tomorrow night.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:45 am
Go SHARKS :D
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:26 am
Sigh, I felt like I should of recorded the game. Could of ended this up and down night with some Sharks advancing on. Oh well. GO SHARKS! :D

Canucks or Blackhawks next.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:06 am
Freakin canucks need to show some heart and force it to game 7. Would give the sharks rest and keep the winning team beat up. Sharks have a really good shot at getting to the finals. Detroit was more dangerous than either team in my eyes, but the Blackhawks are super fast, and Vancouver is very skilled.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:18 pm
Hey Rob, what you think of the series so far? I missed game one, but in game two the Sharks have looked pressured. The Blackhawks just won't let them relax and get comfortable to reset in the neutral zone. They're always on the attack.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:48 pm
Hawks are just better right now. The Sharks are slower to the puck and Niemi has far outplayed Nabokov. Look at game 2, the Sharks were all over the Hawks early on. No goals but lots of great chances. The fans are in it, every line is buzzing, and then the hawks come down after what should have been a 2 on 0 for the sharks, and score on a 35 foot wrister, deflated everybody.

The Hawks are relentless and the Sharks need to score multiple early goals to get the confidence back. But Nabokov has to be better and the exit out of the defensive zone needs to be much better. The Hawks force lots of turnovers and the Sharks are playing right into their hands. They are starting to over pass now, not a good sign.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:50 pm
Not sure if any of you guys know, but Rob Blake is retiring.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:51 am
Yeah, its been known for a while, and it looks like time. He stepped up in the playoffs, but still had a hard time keeping up with the young fast guys. Still, what a great career!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:50 am
Doug Wilson is letting Nabby walk... he won't be renewing his contract this off season. Is this the start of revamping the roster or it's just something that had to be done?

I think this is just a chance... since Wilson will be next if they don't win the cup next year.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board