Xbox 360/PS3 Online Gamer Tag and Discussion Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:42 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
JREED23 wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:Thanks man! Got the ps3 today and got mw2 all over again. Had to start over, I had prestiged once on xbox. Oh well, I have a more reliable system with a blu ray player and 120 GB hard drive. I like xbox but I couldn't deal with it anymore. Feel free to add me guys, though my games will be most likely mw2, socom, nhl 10 in the future and possibly MAG.
plus free PSN, bluetooth, etc... Bad thing is, you can't mod/hack PS3 - like the ridiculously exploitable 360, lol - I just JTAG'd an old XBOX 360 I had laying around (I repair them as a side job) that wasn't working (didn't have a valid DVD rom) now I have every live arcade game ever made, and 50 of the latest games all running off of a 1.5 TB external drive! lol, F*ck you M$!

haha thats crazy, u helped me with a bunch of stuff on my old xbox's. Now i have two that have E74 that i'm tired of ****ing with. Hey if you wanna buy some broken 360's, i got two!

The only thing that sucks on PS3 is i play NHL 10 and the voice chat is terrible on the PS3 version. It's very frustrating. The menu's are better in 360 too, but i'm liking the PS3 a lot, i just wish they had the party chat feature like Xbox added.
The E74 error is a hard one man, I've only been able to fix one out of the three I'm come across. It's all about putting pressure on the ana/hana chip, I believe:
here is one guide:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=646900
I remember one guide I used that used pennies to apply pressure to the ana/hana chip, that one seemed pretty good.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:56 am
JREED23 wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
JREED23 wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:Thanks man! Got the ps3 today and got mw2 all over again. Had to start over, I had prestiged once on xbox. Oh well, I have a more reliable system with a blu ray player and 120 GB hard drive. I like xbox but I couldn't deal with it anymore. Feel free to add me guys, though my games will be most likely mw2, socom, nhl 10 in the future and possibly MAG.
plus free PSN, bluetooth, etc... Bad thing is, you can't mod/hack PS3 - like the ridiculously exploitable 360, lol - I just JTAG'd an old XBOX 360 I had laying around (I repair them as a side job) that wasn't working (didn't have a valid DVD rom) now I have every live arcade game ever made, and 50 of the latest games all running off of a 1.5 TB external drive! lol, F*ck you M$!

haha thats crazy, u helped me with a bunch of stuff on my old xbox's. Now i have two that have E74 that i'm tired of ****ing with. Hey if you wanna buy some broken 360's, i got two!

The only thing that sucks on PS3 is i play NHL 10 and the voice chat is terrible on the PS3 version. It's very frustrating. The menu's are better in 360 too, but i'm liking the PS3 a lot, i just wish they had the party chat feature like Xbox added.
The E74 error is a hard one man, I've only been able to fix one out of the three I'm come across. It's all about putting pressure on the ana/hana chip, I believe:
here is one guide:
I remember one guide I used that used pennies to apply pressure to the ana/hana chip, that one seemed pretty good.

I use the llamma forums more than XBS, and they are really against the penny tricks for anything. I guess it eventually causes massive warpage. Most of their fixes involve reflowing and using a hybrid xclamp fix, all of which would be cool to try, but i don't have the desire to do that much. I can get the E74 going for about a month, by baking the motherboard and doing the xclamp, but it eventually goes out again.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:54 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
JREED23 wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
JREED23 wrote:

here is one guide:

I use the llamma forums more than XBS, and they are really against the penny tricks for anything. I guess it eventually causes massive warpage. Most of their fixes involve reflowing and using a hybrid xclamp fix, all of which would be cool to try, but i don't have the desire to do that much. I can get the E74 going for about a month, by baking the motherboard and doing the xclamp, but it eventually goes out again.
The pennies are only used to apply pressure to the ana/hana chip - for some reason this is the only real fix for it, I'm not referring to using the pennies as some imaginary headsink on the ram chips - that's just crazy talk.

I use XBS and afterdawn.com - afterdawn is great for everything related to consoles, pirating, home theaters, computers, etc and I always get quick responses there. the reason I like XBS is because they were some of the first ones on the scene and most every tutorial/guide has been posted there, but the mods are Nazis!

The team hybird fix is the best, it seems like a lot more work but it really isn't and for many reasons like the shams around the GPU and CPU and sanding down the standoffs it is much more thorough. I started with the llama guide and then I realized that basically everything there was just copy and pasted from XBS and their RRoD fix isn't nearly as thorough.

I haven't got into the re-flowing yet - I probably should since I have about 3 360s laying around that are still RRoD. I just don't want to buy a heat gun and the guide's I've seen use nice heat guns and electric griddles. The hair dryers just seem like a was of time to me.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:18 am
JREED23 wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
JREED23 wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
JREED23 wrote:

here is one guide:

The pennies are only used to apply pressure to the ana/hana chip - for some reason this is the only real fix for it, I'm not referring to using the pennies as some imaginary headsink on the ram chips - that's just crazy talk.

I use XBS and afterdawn.com - afterdawn is great for everything related to consoles, pirating, home theaters, computers, etc and I always get quick responses there. the reason I like XBS is because they were some of the first ones on the scene and most every tutorial/guide has been posted there, but the mods are Nazis!

The team hybird fix is the best, it seems like a lot more work but it really isn't and for many reasons like the shams around the GPU and CPU and sanding down the standoffs it is much more thorough. I started with the llama guide and then I realized that basically everything there was just copy and pasted from XBS and their RRoD fix isn't nearly as thorough.

I haven't got into the re-flowing yet - I probably should since I have about 3 360s laying around that are still RRoD. I just don't want to buy a heat gun and the guide's I've seen use nice heat guns and electric griddles. The hair dryers just seem like a was of time to me.

Yeah i think the main guys on llamma came from XBS but didn't like how the experts talked down to beginners. Heat gun is a tough way to reflow, the oven method sounds more reasonable but using your own kitchen oven seems like a crazy idea. A reflow oven is expensive and only good if you plan on making a real business out of it.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:00 pm
my psn is jizzinurfacebro i will beat anyone at nba live 10
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:23 pm
Pworld wrote:my psn is jizzinurfacebro i will beat anyone at nba live 10

that's pretty incredible, I'm sure you get tons of respect for your accomplishments.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:59 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
Pworld wrote:my psn is jizzinurfacebro i will beat anyone at nba live 10

that's pretty incredible, I'm sure you get tons of respect for your accomplishments.

Yes I do, especially when I play search and destroy and I hear people on the screen go "Damn, he's jizzin their faces."

I got NBA 2K10 now, Live pissed me off.

And Little Big Planet is a very impressive game.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:40 pm
I updated my gaming system. I finally craved in, and bought a new xbox 360. Its the new one that was just released this week. Havent tried it yet, and really don't know how to use it, but it looks like it will be better than the original xbox i been using the past 8 years.

I have no games. Any suggestions? i plan on getting Halo and the rockband games. I'm going to borrow red dead redemption and sports games. What else is out there?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I updated my gaming system. I finally craved in, and bought a new xbox 360. Its the new one that was just released this week. Havent tried it yet, and really don't know how to use it, but it looks like it will be better than the original xbox i been using the past 8 years.

I have no games. Any suggestions? i plan on getting Halo and the rockband games. I'm going to borrow red dead redemption and sports games. What else is out there?

You gotta hold out for MADDEN bro!!!

BIGGEST SELLING FRANCHISE VIDEO GAME ON THE PLANET!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:51 pm
Hey Pawno, you hear about madden having Online Team Play? I'm not sure if you're familiar with that mode from NHL and FIFA
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:30 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Hey Pawno, you hear about madden having Online Team Play? I'm not sure if you're familiar with that mode from NHL and FIFA

Living in Australia & having the world's worst internet connection. I've but all given up on online gaming.

I've only ever won, one madden match online & that was against a guy who was playing with the Detroit Lions.... I just have this incrediblly **** lag on my connection. I don't bother!!!

But maybe it has something to do with my Madden IQ being so high... Maybe if i played one of youz Chumps on here, i may have better luck!!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:53 pm
PAWNO wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:Hey Pawno, you hear about madden having Online Team Play? I'm not sure if you're familiar with that mode from NHL and FIFA

Living in Australia & having the world's worst internet connection. I've but all given up on online gaming.

I've only ever won, one madden match online & that was against a guy who was playing with the Detroit Lions.... I just have this incrediblly **** lag on my connection. I don't bother!!!

But maybe it has something to do with my Madden IQ being so high... Maybe if i played one of youz Chumps on here, i may have better luck!!

Yeah, i remember trying to play GTA IV with you before . Must be a pain. Anyway, hopefully in the future things get better, but online team play is a mode where you can have play online with other players on your team. In NHL, you can go a full 6 on 6 with human controlled players. In Fifa you can go 10 vs 10. Madden is just starting out so they only have 3 vs 3, meaning there will still be 8 CPU controlled players on each team. But you can position lock and basically play one group of positions.

I hear that NBA elite (formerly NBA live) is introducing this feature as well .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:08 pm
dudes, i wanna play some online games with you guys. I am borrowing some games. I want to get fifa 10 and do what you are saying rob. sounds fun.

pawno, you would beat me at madden. I suck at madden. The last madden i was good at was 04 (the vick cover one). I bought 07. My brother buys madden each year, so i will prolly be borrowing it from him. I am borrowing 2010 if you wanna play sometime)
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:55 am
AWWW dude but you went and got a 360!!! you should have gotten a PS3 :).
If you like soccer Crackerz, get Fifa 10 , man nothing like the video game experience of playing on a full squad. I haven't played fifa myself, but i've seen it in action and i've heard great things. If it compares to NHL, it'll be pretty addicting. I have an NHL club, and we always have games with 5 or 6 guys, and the more you play, the better the teamwork, its pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:38 am
RobDIKUM wrote:AWWW dude but you went and got a 360!!! you should have gotten a PS3 :).
If you like soccer Crackerz, get Fifa 10 , man nothing like the video game experience of playing on a full squad. I haven't played fifa myself, but i've seen it in action and i've heard great things. If it compares to NHL, it'll be pretty addicting. I have an NHL club, and we always have games with 5 or 6 guys, and the more you play, the better the teamwork, its pretty awesome.

So you don't got an xbox rob?

yeah, i was really iffy on what system i was gonna buy. I got the xbox because most people i know tell me xbox live runs so much better than ps3's thing. But as soon as i get sign a teaching position for the 2010-11 school year, i am prolly gonna buy a PS3 as well (I want MLB the show and the blu-ray player).
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum