Kings and Sixers complete trade

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:28 am
Chad Ford ESPN.com wrote:The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to swap Samuel Dalembert to the Sacramento Kings for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes, two league sources told ESPN.com.

The deal was agreed to on Tuesday night and the two teams have been working out details Thursday morning. Barring some last-minute hitch the trade should be completed as early as Thursday afternoon, according to the sources.

The deal will give the Kings a player they've long coveted in Dalembert. The Kings tried to make several deals with the Sixers last year for Dalembert but couldn't make it happen.

Sacramento has been unhappy with its rebounding and shotblocking in the post. Dalembert makes a lot of money ($12.9 million next year) but he's in the last year of his deal.

The trade gives the Sixers a physical combo forward in Nocioni and an up-and-coming big man in Hawes.

But the real ramifications may come during the draft. The Sixers have been deciding between Evan Turner and Derrick Favors with the No. 2 pick. While Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski is a Turner fan, new coach Doug Collins is high on Favors. With Dalembert gone and Nocioni in, it could push them in the direction of Favors.

For the Kings, this could also change their draft equation. The team has been looking at drafting DeMarcus Cousins and Greg Monroe, both centers. With this deal, it could allow them to address another need at the three. The Kings have been high on both Al-Farouq Aminu and Gordon Hayward.
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:29 am
wow, just posted same thing in warrior talk [figured it had implications on our draft so it could be discussed there, and more ppl read that section]. ah well! you're too fast for me Bada [no homo]
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:32 am
Beast Mode wrote:wow, just posted same thing in warrior talk [figured it had implications on our draft so it could be discussed there, and more ppl read that section]. ah well! you're too fast for me Bada [no homo]

yeah, I posted it hear and in our Draft thread as it could have an impact.

So use THIS thread to comment about Phily and Kings perspective on the trade. Use the draft thread to discuss how it impacts the Warriors draft.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:35 pm
Well, the Sixers have been trying to get rid of Dalembert since January... I think even earlier than that, too. Getting Hawes and Nocioni in return is a bargain since now they have a big man who can stretch the defense so Young/Speights/Brand can go to work one on one and an asset off the bench in Nocioni.

The Kings... they're really young, and adding Dalembert gives them a veteran defensive, rebounding presence inside. I like Jason Thompson, but they're not going to get much offense inside with that tandem.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:37 pm
Doesnt Dalembert have a reputation of being a bad locker room guy? I just remember him getting kicked off the Canadian team for diva-like behavior.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:43 pm
This is when we trade for Carl Landry. Please he would fit in like a beauty here.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:50 am
Pretty big trade financially and well done Sixers. Dalambert has everything to prove and he has been a bust so far

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum