Kerr and (soon) Pritchard being ousted

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:51 pm
Playoff team GMs losing their jobs.

Steve Kerr will not be returning to Phoenix as general manager. Somewhat surprising after a revival year in Phoenix. He started his tenure as GM horribly - losing D'antoni, bringing in Shaq, losing Diaw and Bell, hiring Terry Porter; I suppose it was all an attempt tp bring more defense into the team. That scheme failed, and Kerr righted things with promoting Gentry, ditching Shaq, and finding the frail Channing Frye. Phoenix subsequently had a really good year, but nevertheless, Kerr is gone. Kerr has his old TNT gig waiting for him most likely.

Pritchard has been steady as a rock up in Portland. He removed the Jailblazers and really brought in a good group of young guys. The team blossomed a few years back but their growth has noticeably slowed recently. The roster seemed to be loaded with talent and assets but failed to make any definitive moves to leap them into the next tier. There is still time but I have a feeling ownership and Pritchard had different ideas on how to achieve their ultimate goal. I also have a feeling Pritchard will not be unemployed long.
Last edited by f1n3 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:52 pm
If Kevin Pritchard gets fired Elly should hire him ASAP. Although he did draft Oden.......
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:04 pm
Amazing how OTHER franchises actually hold their management and coaches ACCOUNTABLE for performance!
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:09 pm
bada wrote:Amazing how OTHER franchises actually hold their management and coaches ACCOUNTABLE for performance!

The word "accountability" is a word that does not exist at any level of our franchise.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:15 pm
bigstrads wrote:
bada wrote:Amazing how OTHER franchises actually hold their management and coaches ACCOUNTABLE for performance!

The word "accountability" is a word that does not exist at any level of our franchise.

true true... although I DO think it exists... but just accountability with ticket sales, not on-court performance.

As long as people come to games, there is ZERO motivation to make any changes.
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:24 pm
bigstrads wrote:

Eh... if you have the ability to count, theres a chance we'll hire you to our coaching staff. Almost found a way to use it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:26 pm
I'm not so sure about Pritchard. He got a great one in Roy and also signed a great coach like McMillan, but I blame those two moves the success the Blazers have had.

I mean, basketball is a sport in which one lucky move can make you look like a genious. Now, if that happens several times, with several teams or in different years, you know there's something... but, in this case, who knows what's behind the scenes?

Still, it's surprising.

Kerr's exit is not that surprising, tho. He had it coming. The only shocking thing is that it happened after their best year in his tenure... but probably it's a move to try to lock Amare long term with a new GM that's more open to get something done.

Return to NBA Forum