GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:27 pm
bada wrote:in theory that sounds great but I am not sure how you put that into place. Opens up a lot of gray area..

For example, I draft DeAngelo Williams... later there is a report that he got hurt in camp and an MRI would be done in a day or so. The injury could be minor or it could be serious.... what do we do? Do we halt the draft until we know? If not, whoever drafts next would be able to draft Jonathan Stewart.

I just think it creates more confusion and trouble. We just all go in knowing the dangers of this type of draft format.


Nah, it would only apply if the injury is season-ending. And confirmed. If not, it creates LOTS of problems, as you say.

Works as a safe clause against the worst injuries, but only in that case. If it's minor or the guy can play at some point, or even if there's no certainty of how long the guy will be out, you keep the guy and try to get a replacement, if needed, after the draft.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:36 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:in theory that sounds great but I am not sure how you put that into place. Opens up a lot of gray area..

For example, I draft DeAngelo Williams... later there is a report that he got hurt in camp and an MRI would be done in a day or so. The injury could be minor or it could be serious.... what do we do? Do we halt the draft until we know? If not, whoever drafts next would be able to draft Jonathan Stewart.

I just think it creates more confusion and trouble. We just all go in knowing the dangers of this type of draft format.


Nah, it would only apply if the injury is season-ending. And confirmed. If not, it creates LOTS of problems, as you say.

Works as a safe clause against the worst injuries, but only in that case. If it's minor or the guy can play at some point, or even if there's no certainty of how long the guy will be out, you keep the guy and try to get a replacement, if needed, after the draft.


The problem also is timing... what would be the official news source??? The news could come out first on some blog that nobody has seen yet and you make your pick, but then we see the report and it was made after the news broke... do you have to give your pick back because I should have been allowed my immediate pick?
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:43 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:in theory that sounds great but I am not sure how you put that into place. Opens up a lot of gray area..

For example, I draft DeAngelo Williams... later there is a report that he got hurt in camp and an MRI would be done in a day or so. The injury could be minor or it could be serious.... what do we do? Do we halt the draft until we know? If not, whoever drafts next would be able to draft Jonathan Stewart.

I just think it creates more confusion and trouble. We just all go in knowing the dangers of this type of draft format.


Nah, it would only apply if the injury is season-ending. And confirmed. If not, it creates LOTS of problems, as you say.

Works as a safe clause against the worst injuries, but only in that case. If it's minor or the guy can play at some point, or even if there's no certainty of how long the guy will be out, you keep the guy and try to get a replacement, if needed, after the draft.


The problem also is timing... what would be the official news source??? The news could come out first on some blog that nobody has seen yet and you make your pick, but then we see the report and it was made after the news broke... do you have to give your pick back because I should have been allowed my immediate pick?


Eh... true.

I don't know, an option would be that the draft keeps going on as usual til the guy that has to replace the injured player provides a link to an official source (it'd be enough with a SI, ESPN, Yahoo or similar link that confirms the injury as season ending).

That way, you put the responsibility on the guy that suffers the injury. He's the one that has to stay in touch with what happens with his guys, and if he doesn't, he has nobody else to blame but him.

That also means there's no need to give back picks or anything. If he provides the link, he gets the pick at that very moment. If not, the draft keeps going on without changing anything.




Just an idea... but I'm sure there are more flaws I haven't thought of...
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:34 pm
I actually like the offline draft. As it strengthens friendships n rivalrys with others on this board with the communication between picks.

I'm going to have to think about the options. I do like tmc idea but it raises question marks.


As for draft order. I'll be forwarding list to neutrlal party such as money morrow or bigs & they will generate it thru random .Org
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:36 pm
PAWNO wrote:I actually like the offline draft. As it strengthens friendships n rivalrys with others on this board with the communication between picks.

I'm going to have to think about the options. I do like tmc idea but it raises question marks.


As for draft order. I'll be forwarding list to neutrlal party such as money morrow or bigs & they will generate it thru random .Org


Are we going to have 1 draft board that is just for picks and a draft chatter board?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:37 pm
PAWNO wrote:I actually like the offline draft. As it strengthens friendships n rivalrys with others on this board with the communication between picks.


Can we just make sure we enforce a rule that you can ONLY discuss the player that WAS picked or has ALREADY been picked. Last year was frustrating for a bit when people were discussing players that had not been picked yet.

these offline drafts are MADDENING!!!

Can't wait for my offline draft though... one of the things I look forward to most during the year.... 3 days in a HUGE house in Tahoe without the wife and kids! NICE!
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:41 pm
bada wrote:
PAWNO wrote:I actually like the offline draft. As it strengthens friendships n rivalrys with others on this board with the communication between picks.


Can we just make sure we enforce a rule that you can ONLY discuss the player that WAS picked or has ALREADY been picked. Last year was frustrating for a bit when people were discussing players that had not been picked yet.

these offline drafts are MADDENING!!!

Can't wait for my offline draft though... one of the things I look forward to most during the year.... 3 days in a HUGE house in Tahoe without the wife and kids! NICE!


Bada, Im totally with you on the no talking about un-selected players. Draft in Tahoe sounds pretty sweet. Big $$ league??
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:46 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
bada wrote:
PAWNO wrote:I actually like the offline draft. As it strengthens friendships n rivalrys with others on this board with the communication between picks.


Can we just make sure we enforce a rule that you can ONLY discuss the player that WAS picked or has ALREADY been picked. Last year was frustrating for a bit when people were discussing players that had not been picked yet.

these offline drafts are MADDENING!!!

Can't wait for my offline draft though... one of the things I look forward to most during the year.... 3 days in a HUGE house in Tahoe without the wife and kids! NICE!


Bada, Im totally with you on the no talking about un-selected players. Draft in Tahoe sounds pretty sweet. Big $$ league??


yup, it is a blast! We rent like a 8 bedroom house and just party and gamble the whole weekend (oh, and draft as well).

This is our 14th season and I think about the 6th year we have been doing a destination draft.

yeah, decent entry fee but not crazy... it is $500
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:21 pm
Yeah i 2 like the idea of being quiet on players that have not been selected. It can affect peoples draft boards by indirectly educating the rookie gm's. I guess if it's a rule from the get go then people would adhere to it. Punishments? Hmm a warning 1st and then a forfeiture of a pick.

Also in regards to season ending injuries. I can't remember any players it happening to last season in the preseason. But i'd personally prefer to start the draft before preseason kicks off and take that gamble. I presume you all have multiple fantasy leagues u participate in & well the offline drafting of this league i hope just makes it unique. The season ending injury might break someones campaign but it certainly adds spice for others (& the keep2 rule for our keeper league. Perhaps we implement rule that if season ending injury happens your still available to choose that guy the following year)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:07 pm
Absolutely agree on not talking about undrafted players.


Lucky you, Bada. That draft at Tahoe sounds like great fun. A whole weekend for you and to have fun and forget about everything!!!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:34 pm
TMC wrote:Absolutely agree on not talking about undrafted players.


Lucky you, Bada. That draft at Tahoe sounds like great fun. A whole weekend for you and to have fun and forget about everything!!!


Sounds like the fantasy draft is "CODE"

For a weekend away for HOT-GAY-MAN-SEX :?:

Maybe not :roll:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:33 am
PAWNO wrote:
TMC wrote:Absolutely agree on not talking about undrafted players.


Lucky you, Bada. That draft at Tahoe sounds like great fun. A whole weekend for you and to have fun and forget about everything!!!


Sounds like the fantasy draft is "CODE"

For a weekend away for HOT-GAY-MAN-SEX :?:

Maybe not :roll:


And Pawno wants an expansion team!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:01 am
you desparately need to get laid Pawno! :shock:
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:06 am
What does everyone think about the keeper rule that if one of your original drafted player gets a season ending injury that your entitled to pick him during the following years 2 picks locked keeper.

Also in regards to midseason trades and a player getting injured. Once a trade takes place and your effectively transferring there draft rights to the participant. But you cannot trade a injured players rights.

I think this rule is good because it protects anyone who suffers probowl injuries but the ability to pick them the next season.

I'll make a effort to get a list of all the rules written up before our draft starts. And if the next week or so. We will have a draft order sorted out!

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:19 am
how about we keep it simple. you are able to keep 2 players that are on you roster when the season ends.

This way,people need to make the strategy of determining whether they want to keep injured players on their roster for the next season or not. I don't think many players will keep a season ending player for a long period of time, unless its an absolute stud, so it brings strategy of a roster spot versus next year.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests

cron