WORLD CUP PICK EM

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:55 am
thanks my friend.

SO Brazil does not play with that same style and flair? bummer

it was a "beautifull" (for lack of a better word) style of play... seemed much different than the rest of the teams... is that a fair statement or was I seeing something that is not really there?
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:23 am
bada wrote:thanks my friend.

SO Brazil does not play with that same style and flair? bummer

it was a "beautifull" (for lack of a better word) style of play... seemed much different than the rest of the teams... is that a fair statement or was I seeing something that is not really there?


It certainly was a "beautiful" style of play.............I say was...........I see what TMC is saying that they play differently now but it definately has not gone completely (as you suspected).

I think its more that they simply dont have the kind of, or even level of, players they used to have in the "beautiful football" years.

I mean, name the world superstars that they have, name the incredible attacking talent they have..............compared to the old teams that played that way (Im not asking you to name them Bada. :wink:)

Brazil have always had that reputation and always played that way because of the immense attacking talent they had dictated that.............their coach Dunga, was a defensive mid field player in those teams, an orchestrator of all the attackers in front of him.............and now he realises that they simply dont have the devastating attacking talent that they used to have, so he has had to adapt it.

I actually think this is one the most open World Cups in history...........for me there is no clear favourite and all the big teams have their doubters and just that little "something" about that is considered a flaw.

Brazil = Defense and can they play "that" football.

Argentina = Their coach (Its Diego Maradona by the way Bada, must have head of him? hes considered probably the greatest player of all time and also one of the greatest f*ck ups) and whether he can keep it and them all together.

Spain = Can they stay injury free and can they/do they have that killer instinct and metal to get through the big games...........like they did in Euro 2008.........can they carry that on.

England = Boy..............we have the talent in individual positions..........our starting 11 (apart from goal keeper) would get into any other team in the world individually.............but it doesnt always come/work together.

Not in a passion sense but because we have quite bad imbalance in our midfield...........with the 2 best English mid-fielders being very similar and not able to play that well together.

Also, we have Rooney.........probably the best striker in the world at the moment.............but not really anyone who can play with him and get the best out of him, except for a tiring old war horse who misses more than he makes.

So theres always that doubt, imbalance because we have no real left sided players and "bad luck" factor with England.

Italy = They have all the organisation, tactical and defensive skills to go all the way.

But they have a real lack of flair and attacking prowess right now............even in the old Italy teams that were so defensive, they always a couple of game changing players up front.............but now, not so much.

France = F*ck the cheating bastards..............they will sink very fast............because they deserve it and just look like they dont give a crap.

Those are the considered favourites for me.............and they have quite obvious/major flaws and doubts..............not like previous tournaments where certain teams like Brazil, Italy, France, Spain just looked odds on and like near perfect teams.

Of course, there will be the surprise team that comes from no-where............usually an African or Asian team in the group stages (possibly Ivory Coast and South Korea) and then the surprise euro team that goes further than anyone expected (possibly Portugal, Holland or...........ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:29 am
bigstrads wrote:It certainly was a "beautiful" style of play.............I say was...........I see what TMC is saying that they play differently now but it definately has not gone completely (as you suspected).

I think its more that they simply dont have the kind of, or even level of, players they used to have in the "beautiful football" years.

I mean, name the world superstars that they have, name the incredible attacking talent they have..............compared to the old teams that played that way (Im not asking you to name them Bada. :wink:)

Brazil have always had that reputation and always played that way because of the immense attacking talent they had dictated that.............their coach Dunga, was a defensive mid field player in those teams, an orchestrator of all the attackers in front of him.............and now he realises that they simply dont have the devastating attacking talent that they used to have, so he has had to adapt it.


Eh... no. They do have those players. Ronaldinho was left at home, same with Adriano, Neymar, Paulo Henrique, Marcelo, Diego, David Luiz... Alves is not even a starter for them, Gilberto Silva or Kleberson are defensive minded guys that shouldn't even be there... and the list goes on and on.

Don't be fooled, they HAVE those players, but they're gonna watch the wold cup at home, because Dunga doesn't trust them. Dunga is an "italian" guy born in Brazil, and thus he only brings his own guys to the national team.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:37 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:It certainly was a "beautiful" style of play.............I say was...........I see what TMC is saying that they play differently now but it definately has not gone completely (as you suspected).

I think its more that they simply dont have the kind of, or even level of, players they used to have in the "beautiful football" years.

I mean, name the world superstars that they have, name the incredible attacking talent they have..............compared to the old teams that played that way (Im not asking you to name them Bada. :wink:)

Brazil have always had that reputation and always played that way because of the immense attacking talent they had dictated that.............their coach Dunga, was a defensive mid field player in those teams, an orchestrator of all the attackers in front of him.............and now he realises that they simply dont have the devastating attacking talent that they used to have, so he has had to adapt it.


Eh... no. They do have those players. Ronaldinho was left at home, same with Adriano, Neymar, Paulo Henrique, Marcelo, Diego, David Luiz... Alves is not even a starter for them, Gilberto Silva or Kleberson are defensive minded guys that shouldn't even be there... and the list goes on and on.

Don't be fooled, they HAVE those players, but they're gonna watch the wold cup at home, because Dunga doesn't trust them. Dunga is an "italian" guy born in Brazil, and thus he only brings his own guys to the national team.


Well................thats what I kind of meant................they dont have them at this World Cup/In this squad.

Its still a very strong squad..............its just safer and isnt the classic Brazil, just doesnt have those players that would/could take on a bunch of guys and produce that spectacular moment.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:01 am
bigstrads wrote:Well................thats what I kind of meant................they dont have them at this World Cup/In this squad.

Its still a very strong squad..............its just safer and isnt the classic Brazil, just doesnt have those players that would/could take on a bunch of guys and produce that spectacular moment.


Cool. We agree, then.




btw, I'm really enjoying this pick'em so far... :wink:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:27 pm
Yay I'm 2nd place, and I dont even watch soccer!
~LilBallerx~

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:11 pm
One stupid handball from getting an extra two points!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:06 pm
Two easy games today, one that can go either way... (which usually means... you guessed it right, a TIE!!! :mrgreen: )
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:53 am
Pawno proudly bringing up the rear!! In more ways than one Im sure. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:04 am
Portugal delivered the biggest hammering so far, 7-0 to North Korea.

Go boys!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:29 pm
Guys dont forget to update your knockout round picks now

:-)

Groupstages are over!!!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:23 am
PAWNO wrote:Guys dont forget to update your knockout round picks now

:-)

Groupstages are over!!!


Tell that to Bada. He forgot to update his second page of the group stage picks...


Actually, that's the only reason you're above him in the standings... :mrgreen:

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:54 pm
TMC and I are the leaders.... Spain wins again!
Previous

Return to Fantasy League Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests