*OFFICIAL 2010 NBA Offseason Movement Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:38 pm
tyrus thomas/ josh childress. ORDEERR UP
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:22 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:tyrus thomas/ josh childress. ORDEERR UP

I guess there's a chance at Thomas... but seems like Childress might go back to Atlanta now that they've fired Woodson. Or so I've read in the european media.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:54 pm
Lowlight:

The second is a legitimate concern that although playing in New York would be the most exciting basketball experience for LeBron and hold the greatest business potential, it may also prove to be an exhausting and complicated endeavor. LeBron's confidantes are comfortable in their current roles and are concerned that the New York atmosphere could be overwhelming, perhaps upsetting the balance of power that surrounds James. Should James decide to end his time in Cleveland, Chicago offers a big-market alternative to the Knicks with what some close to James view as less risk than New York, as well as a Midwestern atmosphere that would be more familiar to them.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67123/20100610/sources_chicago_was_late_addition_to_lebrons_list/

I barfed a little reading that article. Discussing the inner workings of LeBron's "now-famous" team is quite lame. Almost as lame as having "official" members of this team. Which is almost as lame as Lebron James for giving other people so much power of what he does.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:21 pm
fine wrote:Lowlight:

The second is a legitimate concern that although playing in New York would be the most exciting basketball experience for LeBron and hold the greatest business potential, it may also prove to be an exhausting and complicated endeavor. LeBron's confidantes are comfortable in their current roles and are concerned that the New York atmosphere could be overwhelming, perhaps upsetting the balance of power that surrounds James. Should James decide to end his time in Cleveland, Chicago offers a big-market alternative to the Knicks with what some close to James view as less risk than New York, as well as a Midwestern atmosphere that would be more familiar to them.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67123/20100610/sources_chicago_was_late_addition_to_lebrons_list/

I barfed a little reading that article. Discussing the inner workings of LeBron's "now-famous" team is quite lame. Almost as lame as having "official" members of this team. Which is almost as lame as Lebron James for giving other people so much power of what he does.

I'm baffled at how nobody is taking Miami under consideration as a destination for Lebron. They have it all, a big time player that'll play with him in Wade, great weather, all the money they'll need to sign him... and it's a known fact that Wade has talked to him about joining him there.

It's just shocking that nobody's talking about that possibility.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:29 pm
TMC wrote:

I'm baffled at how nobody is taking Miami under consideration as a destination for Lebron. They have it all, a big time player that'll play with him in Wade, great weather, all the money they'll need to sign him... and it's a known fact that Wade has talked to him about joining him there.

I have heard reports that supposedly the people that REALLY know these two are dismissing the notion that they want to play together. They respect and like eachother, but both are players that need the ball in their hands and neither is willing to concede to the other. Hence why these "insiders" more closely link Bosh to James (even though I think Bosh to the Lakers will be a done deal).

Additionally, supposedly these two LOVE competing AGAINST each other. It is one of the things they look forward to the most during the course of the year and both feel that this competition brings out the best of both of them.

I dont know how true all this is but have heard it from several NBA writers and this is why they dont put Miami as a viable landing spot for James.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:19 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

I have heard reports that supposedly the people that REALLY know these two are dismissing the notion that they want to play together. They respect and like eachother, but both are players that need the ball in their hands and neither is willing to concede to the other. Hence why these "insiders" more closely link Bosh to James (even though I think Bosh to the Lakers will be a done deal).

Additionally, supposedly these two LOVE competing AGAINST each other. It is one of the things they look forward to the most during the course of the year and both feel that this competition brings out the best of both of them.

I dont know how true all this is but have heard it from several NBA writers and this is why they dont put Miami as a viable landing spot for James.

And I do agree, personally, that it wouldn't be a good foundation for a team. They are basically the same kind of player (not in the way they play, but in what they require from their teammates... which is being the star and getting the ball as much as possible).

But that's me (and lots of people, I suppose), and the Miami media has published that Wade has talked about it with Lebron... if it goes somewhere or not, it's a different story.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:06 pm
So the rumor is that Tyson Chandler is going to exercise his early termination option and hit the open market. I am STUNNED he is walking away from over $12 mil next year considering his injury issues the past two seasons.

I suppose someone will pay him but that is a big risk.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:12 pm
bada wrote:So the rumor is that Tyson Chandler is going to exercise his early termination option and hit the open market. I am STUNNED he is walking away from over $12 mil next year considering his injury issues the past two seasons.

Me too. He'll be lucky if he gets half that amount in the open market, considering how bad he's been the last couple of years (due to injuries, granted... but that's part of the game, too).

He's gotta be looking at some financial security with a long term deal, even if it means less money. That... or he's completely deluded himself about his real value.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:17 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:So the rumor is that Tyson Chandler is going to exercise his early termination option and hit the open market. I am STUNNED he is walking away from over $12 mil next year considering his injury issues the past two seasons.

Me too. He'll be lucky if he gets half that amount in the open market, considering how bad he's been the last couple of years (due to injuries, granted... but that's part of the game, too).

He's gotta be looking at some financial security with a long term deal, even if it means less money. That... or he's completely deluded himself about his real value.

Yeah, I think with the impending change int he CBA, he probably wants long term security.

A lot of teams have cap space and not everyone is going to land Lebron or Bosh, so many teams will be stuck with no player and a ton of cash and there is not exactly any good FA centers so I guess it is possible he gets a nice deal.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:32 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yeah, I think with the impending change int he CBA, he probably wants long term security.

A lot of teams have cap space and not everyone is going to land Lebron or Bosh, so many teams will be stuck with no player and a ton of cash and there is not exactly any good FA centers so I guess it is possible he gets a nice deal.

Genius move by Tyson (something not said about guys named Tyson. :wink:)

Ive been thinking this all year...............all these teams that have cleared up all this cap room..............what the F are they going to do if LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Amare stick where they are?.............or maybe just one of them moves?

Theres like 7 teams with serious cap room.............and probably only 1-2 of those big players going to actually use any of their money..............so that leaves those teams with money and no players to show for it............and so they will committ a "Regrette". :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:44 am
bigstrads wrote:
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

Genius move by Tyson (something not said about guys named Tyson. :wink:)

Ive been thinking this all year...............all these teams that have cleared up all this cap room..............what the F are they going to do if LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Amare stick where they are?.............or maybe just one of them moves?

Theres like 7 teams with serious cap room.............and probably only 1-2 of those big players going to actually use any of their money..............so that leaves those teams with money and no players to show for it............and so they will committ a "Regrette". :wink:

Yeah, but Tyson's damaged goods, and everybody knows. I can't see them opening the bank for him in that way.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:40 pm
Do teams with cap space possibly need a Center like Chandler? I don't know...

Quick guide to Free Agency and Cap Space

-Max FA contenders (have the space and the buzz. 'Regrette'* warning lvl 3)

Knicks - PG, SG, SF, PF, C (assuming Lee is not a sure thing)

They can sign two max guys and maybe have a David Lee sign and trade. Gallinari and Chandler only starter quality guys on the team otherwise.

Nets - SG, SF, PF/C

I believe they have space for two max FA, or 1 max and a couple of quality starters. Good place to land but in NY's shadow. And atrocious past season.

Miami - PG, SF, PF, C (Wade stays)

Close to 2 max FA space but need to dump Beasley to make it happen.

Chicago - SG, SF, PF (Deng is there, but SF may = Lebron)

Room for 1 max. Lots of sign and trade potential.

-Max Space lurkers (I'd consider them. 'Regrette' warning lvl 3)

Los Angeles - SF

~25 mil in cap space. Crap organization w/ some lineup bright spots.

Washington - SG, SF, PF/C (Arenas @ SG?)

1 max plus space. Not a mecca like Miami or NY, or a playoff team like Chicago, so not mentioned often - but seems like they should be a destination.

-Max space Wallflowers (Even I wouldn't consider them. 'Regrette' warning lvl 4)

Minnesota - SG, SF, C

#4 pick to fill a spot. Space for a max FA but not a destination. Love/Jefferson trade asset.

Sacramento - SF, PF/C

They have the ROY, but the team is too young to attract any stars.

-No max but space (Is this a good or bad spot to be in? 'Regrette' warning lvl 3)

Oklahoma - PF/C

This would be a good spot.

and probably some other teams that I have no interest in.

*'Regrette' warning is the likelihood that a team may overpay a player just because they have the money to do so and there are no better options available. Scale of 1-5: 1 is where Champions are made - 5 is where we (GS) ended up. Credit to Bigs for idea.

So yeah, it looks like Chandler might be able to find someone to overpay him.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:23 pm
One less free agent to care about...

Wade: 'I want to be in Miami'
By J.A. Adande
ESPN.com

As the July 1 opening of the NBA's free-agent shopping spree draws near, Dwyane Wade says he will start off by looking for the best player to join him with the Miami Heat, rather than searching for the franchise where he would best fit.

"It's going to be fit with me first," Wade said. "I've made that very clear. Do I want to leave? Nope. Mmm-hmm. I want to be in Miami. That's where it starts."

Wade attended Game 5 of the NBA Finals in Boston with his two sons, because at ages 8 and 3 they have no memories of their father's run to the championship with the Heat in 2006 -- and because the recollections are beginning to get hazy for Wade himself after failing to get past the first round of the playoffs in the past four seasons.

While he has said he will talk to other players and got the NBA world buzzing with his concept of a "free-agent summit" he said, "I don't do recruiting. Not now, anyway."

"I don't look at it as recruiting. I'll gauge and see if guys want to be [in Miami], who wants to be with me. "It's about who can come to Miami, it's about who do you trust, who can fit the organization, who best fits you as a player, things of that nature."

Wade told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel on Saturday he talked with Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh and Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson in Los Angeles this past week.

Wade told the newspaper he had dinner with Bosh and saw Johnson at a Brand Jordan event.

"My friends are the guys that are in the league," Wade told the Sun-Sentinel. "Some of my closest friends in the NBA happen to be certain guys that are up in this free-agent market. Yeah, it's going to be like that. Like I said, I don't worry about it. I smile and I keep on going with my day.

"Me and Chris have been friends since we came into the NBA. We signed with the same agent. So we can't eat together? It's all good. We understand what's going to come about from anything that goes on. But, no worries, it's just friends eating dinner."

The Heat have one edge in the free-agent marketplace: they have Wade in house and can give him a larger contract than any other team, and they have the salary cap space to offer a maximum contract to an additional free agent.

So does Wade believe he will end up in Miami?

"I hope so," Wade said.

As for Cleveland's LeBron James, Wade said " I have no idea. I don't know about anyone else."

He said James is "His own man. He's going to decide for himself. Everyone has their thoughts of what's going to happen. No one knows. I don't even think LeBron knows."

When the free-agency period begins, Wade, Bosh, Johnson, James and Amare Stoudemire are among players who could be changing teams.

Not that it comes as a suprise. Wade told Miami's front office that he'd stay put three months ago, so it was a matter of going public with the statement.

As for who's gonna join him there... well, I know he's talked with Bosh, Lebron and Amare, and that Miami's front office has also approached Boozer's agent. It's going to be an interesting offseason, because they're going to build a whole new team for next year.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:48 pm
A Carlos Boozer would be great. He doesn't need someone who's looking for the max deal, he just needs a compliment in the post and a PG to run with because O'Neal never got a clue and Arroyo/Chalmers/Alston isn't good enough.

Get the Wade deal done and get rid of Beasley while Wade tries to influence free agents to sign with Miami.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:03 am
What's the news on Rudy Fernandez? Does anyone know? I heard he's being shopped... with Toronto and Houston show interest. I heard Calderon could be included in that deal.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum