*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:02 pm
Hmm, no one talking about it? The Nets and Avery Johnson verbally agreed to a deal for Johnson to become their new head coach.

Also, Izzo is talking to his players/family about the Cavs' offer. Could be either telling them it's goodbye or that he ain't goin' no where.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:04 pm
xbay wrote:Hmm, no one talking about it? The Nets and Avery Johnson verbally agreed to a deal for Johnson to become their new head coach.

Also, Izzo is talking to his players/family about the Cavs' offer. Could be either telling them it's goodbye or that he ain't goin' no where.


well the news just broke less than an hour ago

If Izzo does not take this job, then he aint coming to the NBA ever
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:29 pm
wish my last name was Izzo
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:32 pm
Quazza wrote:wish my last name was Izzo


He sounds like he was named by Snoop Dogg or Jay-Z.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:37 pm
metalface wrote:
Quazza wrote:wish my last name was Izzo


He sounds like he was named by Snoop Dogg or Jay-Z.


Hehe love that name.

The Ducks tried to make him the highest paid Basketball Coach in college history. He turned down the offer. Izzo is a god in Michigan and it's tough to voluntarily go from god status to highly scrutinized status, especially when you are making big bucks either way.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:07 pm
Chum wrote:
metalface wrote:
Quazza wrote:wish my last name was Izzo


He sounds like he was named by Snoop Dogg or Jay-Z.


Hehe love that name.

The Ducks tried to make him the highest paid Basketball Coach in college history. He turned down the offer. Izzo is a god in Michigan and it's tough to voluntarily go from god status to highly scrutinized status, especially when you are making big bucks either way.


I don't think there's a right or wrong choice for him. He'll win either way... but ultimately, I think staying Michigan State would be the better choice. If he's all about the highest of the highest risks, he should go. He's already got so much going for him in Michigan, he's practically the sports president of that state... or at least the Lansing side of the state.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:15 pm
xbay wrote:
Chum wrote:
metalface wrote:
Quazza wrote:wish my last name was Izzo


He sounds like he was named by Snoop Dogg or Jay-Z.


Hehe love that name.

The Ducks tried to make him the highest paid Basketball Coach in college history. He turned down the offer. Izzo is a god in Michigan and it's tough to voluntarily go from god status to highly scrutinized status, especially when you are making big bucks either way.


I don't think there's a right or wrong choice for him. He'll win either way... but ultimately, I think staying Michigan State would be the better choice. If he's all about the highest of the highest risks, he should go. He's already got so much going for him in Michigan, he's practically the sports president of that state... or at least the Lansing side of the state.


If he takes the Cavs job... IF... he better adds a clause to void the contract and come back to Michigan St. in case Lebron bolts in free agency.

Just imagine if the Cavs make Tom Izzo their coach and Lebron ends up playing in NY next season...
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:48 pm
Izzo is staying at Mich St

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5290541
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:43 pm
Izzo made the right choice. He wasnt guaranteed Lebron if he signed with Cleveland. And he is THE man at Michigan St. I think there are too many question marks in Cleveland for him to give up a great thing in Michigan.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:57 pm
metalface wrote:Izzo made the right choice. He wasnt guaranteed Lebron if he signed with Cleveland. And he is THE man at Michigan St. I think there are too many question marks in Cleveland for him to give up a great thing in Michigan.


100%
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:27 pm
Chum wrote:
metalface wrote:Izzo made the right choice. He wasnt guaranteed Lebron if he signed with Cleveland. And he is THE man at Michigan St. I think there are too many question marks in Cleveland for him to give up a great thing in Michigan.


100%


Ditto. :D
Last edited by xbay on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:04 pm
xbay wrote:
Chum wrote:
metalface wrote:Izzo made the right choice. He wasnt guaranteed Lebron if he signed with Cleveland. And he is THE man at Michigan St. I think there are too many question marks in Cleveland for him to give up a great thing in Michigan.


100%


Ditto. :D



Tritto???? Does that even exists?.


Whatever, I've made a new word... :mrgreen:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:35 am
I changed my name. It's Curry's team, not Monta's anymore
~LilBallerx~

Image
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: Sweet cloudy California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:38 pm
Some FOs actually make warriors FO pretty much average looking. :roll:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 pm
so i'm just looking at every team's financial situation presently and in the future, and these are some of my thoughts...

* Lakers - Jesus fukking christ, they are over the luxury tax!!! the tax is raping Bus in the butt... you would think that he would love to unload one of these big ass contracts, but hey, i guess that's the price of winning (literally). I hope Larry Ellison won't be stingy with his money.

* Memphis - They are in GREAT shape... they have a really good nucleus in o.j. mayo, marc, gasol, maybe thabeet, conley seem to be panning out. Just overall good talent, and they're really good financially. After next year, they'll have a **** load of cap space and can offer 2 max contracts. Too bad next year's FA class sucks balls.

* Clippers - i feel sorry for them... They need to land some good players this off season... they really do...

* Pacers - that whole entire team is made of bad contracts.

* Orlando - Jameer Nelson is SUPER cheap!!!
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest