GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:13 pm
so this is a keepers league, as we are keeping the top 2 picks? just so i get this cleared up
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:18 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:so this is a keepers league, as we are keeping the top 2 picks? just so i get this cleared up

I dont think it has to be the top 2 picks....I think you can keep any 2 players. IMO being able to keep any players rewards you for the luck of the draw, rather than making good picks. I like to play in keeper leagues where you either have to sacrifice draft picks for the players you keep, or you cant keep players from the higher rounds of the draft.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:31 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:so this is a keepers league, as we are keeping the top 2 picks? just so i get this cleared up

I dont think it has to be the top 2 picks....I think you can keep any 2 players. IMO being able to keep any players rewards you for the luck of the draw, rather than making good picks. I like to play in keeper leagues where you either have to sacrifice draft picks for the players you keep, or you cant keep players from the higher rounds of the draft.

Oh, yeah. I think by top 2, we mean the top 2 guys on each team, regardless of the round they were taken. It's the only fair way.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:11 pm
That's correct u can keep any 2 players from previous season. Think about randy moss. He is a top 2 round talent but for whatever reason he may choose to retire or production may slip. It be unfair if u were forced to keep him
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:38 pm
Skype questhino? I'm getting a brand new imac delivered in the next week or so. I was wondering if i could have a live webcam feed where i pull names out of a hat n everyone wants to watch could?

Otherwise will just forward name list to neutral party & watch joel get 1st pick in the draft for 3rd year in a row!
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:53 pm
wow...i think its hard for me to keep 2 players for next year considering every year the new talents always come up and so many suprise thing happen in NFL....unless, i can get AP or Drew brees,C.Johnson... :mrgreen:

well, just let me know when the draft star ...okie :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:54 pm
when do we start?

Oh, and can we have more than 4 teams make the playoffs... there are 12 teams in this league.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:07 pm
@WILLIAM - You will be fine brother. If u don't want to keep your 2 picks well then that will represent 2 extra picks at the start of next years draft. (draft order is determined by lowest ranked team & your forfeieture of supplemental picks are reflective in the draft order - i'll try n draw u a diagram)

@MRC - sure bro. Lets push it out to 6 players in playoff. That sounds fair. Starting week 14 with finals in week 16
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:23 pm
When's it start? When ever you all want too. Personally i'm itching to get this offline draft cranking. Allthough some have suggested around the start of training camp.

Most rosters are set. I mean we are still waiting word on Favre and T.O but with last years draft. The only signifigant issue was d.mason retirement.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:42 pm
Mid to late July would be my vote.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:51 pm
6 teams in the playoff is fine with me.

And what about we start earlier than mid July.

Remember, last time, we started in May, and we ended in July (I remember because my trip to spain was 31 days and the draft started before my trip and ended after).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:01 pm
The day right after the world cup final. Well maybe 24 hours following it. I'll need time to recover from my victory hangover. Go Australia!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:59 pm
PAWNO wrote:The day right after the world cup final. Well maybe 24 hours following it. I'll need time to recover from my victory hangover. Go Australia!

Don't use alcohol as an anti-depressant, Pawno. It's not healthy. :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:22 pm
xbay wrote:
PAWNO wrote:The day right after the world cup final. Well maybe 24 hours following it. I'll need time to recover from my victory hangover. Go Australia!

:mrgreen:

After the wold cup looks like a good time to start, yeah.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:34 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:

:mrgreen:

After the wold cup looks like a good time to start, yeah.

I'll be starting after the first knockout stage game for my Americans. :banghead: :dontknow:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum