GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:29 pm
I'm signed up :)
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:01 pm
yes, auction drafts ARE fun, but typically they are VERY long and much more fun when everyone is physically present. Not a great format for a forum league like this
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 pm
bada wrote:yes, auction drafts ARE fun, but typically they are VERY long and much more fun when everyone is physically present. Not a great format for a forum league like this

You're right, probably will be too hard to get everyone there for the auction draft... snake is the most simple... it's just the strategy in auction is what makes it fun. I'm fine with either though.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:22 am
Ok we are just waiting on Aussie Biedrins & Bada to activate there yahoo accounts and we can look about working out a draft order soon.

Once those 2 Cats sign up we'd be at about 12 participants. I'm happy to close that number off. It's also looking real nice figure for Keeper Status with the particular participants all being solid contributors to the boards (most of us all have over a thousand posts on this forum)

The keeper rule format we will instigate will be a top 2 player & ST'er Lock format. Where u get to keep any 2 positions plus a Special Teamer. If u choose to forfeit either 1 player lock or both player lock then that will represent a extra pick in the following years draft. The Ladder position at the end of the year will reflect the draft order for the next years draft.

You then get to choose either a Def or kicker. But if u were to forfeit that pick that wouldn't reflect a extra pick in the 1st round with those extra supplemental picks. The reason we will have this rule is because the points provided by a D or a K ain't drafted until at least the 5th or 6th round.

This is basically how the rules are shaping for our league. The rules are very fair and provide extra chance for anyone who may quit n leave the board in future seasons to provide the new person entering the league to either keep players of the former team but still provide the opportunity to build a very competitive team for future years. with 12 teams and potentially 24 locked players. Your still getting gifted players in key positions & gives a opportunity to take chances on sophomore breakouts as people competing in our league will only be able to keep 2 superstars and there'll still be great talent available.

Feel free to elaborate on rules what you want to see take effect in this league. I'm a All Ears Comissioner
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:53 am
Pawno, I can't join. Says the league is full
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:06 am
bada wrote:Pawno, I can't join. Says the league is full

Yeah, the settings probably allow just 10 teams. Change it to 12 and we're set, pawno.

btw, what's that about the ST'er lock, mate?. What do you mean with ST'er?

As for the D and K... aren't we gonna have both?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:22 pm
Bada... League settings have been changed, so try signing up again buddy

@TMC ... Well it's all open to discussion dude, If you think we should keep a D & the K both positions, then im happy to do so. But personally i like the idea of putting back into talent pool as a Good Kicker can be equal to the amount of points generated as a good D & having to make the decision on which one means the following season, players will have more options & will have to instigate more strategy in how they draft the following season?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:42 pm
PAWNO wrote:@TMC ... Well it's all open to discussion dude, If you think we should keep a D & the K both positions, then im happy to do so. But personally i like the idea of putting back into talent pool as a Good Kicker can be equal to the amount of points generated as a good D & having to make the decision on which one means the following season, players will have more options & will have to instigate more strategy in how they draft the following season?

I just don't see a reason to not have both, sorry. It's not strategic at all, just a move that makes you choose one or the other.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:55 pm
TMC wrote:
PAWNO wrote:@TMC ... Well it's all open to discussion dude, If you think we should keep a D & the K both positions, then im happy to do so. But personally i like the idea of putting back into talent pool as a Good Kicker can be equal to the amount of points generated as a good D & having to make the decision on which one means the following season, players will have more options & will have to instigate more strategy in how they draft the following season?

I just don't see a reason to not have both, sorry. It's not strategic at all, just a move that makes you choose one or the other.

I guess i like the idea cause it'll make the drafts year to year more exciting that you have access to a top 10 kicker or defender. If each year the top 12 kickers and defenders are locked up. Well your only really picking from the bottom half of the talent pool.

The drafting strategies in the bottom half of a draft would then become that more interesting. Knowing that a guy 2 spots ahead of you might need to address his defense as he decided to keep nate leading from the previous season. That could lead too a bit of predictablility but also could make it interesting. As u know what's left on the board. But could decide to address it later.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:11 pm
Would be fun if we could get some kind of $$$$ involved :D
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:39 pm
I would not be in favor of any rule that takes you further away from the game of football. Obviously this is "FANTASY" football, but I always appreciate leagues that try and mirror the game as much as possible. WHich is why I hate leagues where you play 2 QB's, 4 RB's, etc.

In the game of football, you have a K AND a Def. Our league should contain both.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:41 pm
OK, I signed up
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:43 pm
bada wrote:OK, I signed up

:headbang:

bada wrote:I would not be in favor of any rule that takes you further away from the game of football. Obviously this is "FANTASY" football, but I always appreciate leagues that try and mirror the game as much as possible. WHich is why I hate leagues where you play 2 QB's, 4 RB's, etc.

In the game of football, you have a K AND a Def. Our league should contain both.

Yep. That's it.

Also...

PAWNO wrote:I guess i like the idea cause it'll make the drafts year to year more exciting that you have access to a top 10 kicker or defender. If each year the top 12 kickers and defenders are locked up. Well your only really picking from the bottom half of the talent pool.

Why do we have to keep them from each year to the next?. Why not make it simple like keeping the top two or three picks and that's it?. Nobody is gonna keep a D or K if they can only keep two or three picks...

I think we're overcomplicating things here, Pawno. It should be a lot easier than all this...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:55 pm
Ok totally agree tmc. We don't even need to keep def and kicker. I just thought it be a interesting keeper rule. But i like the idea of keeping top 2 n that's that
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:58 pm
PAWNO wrote:Ok totally agree tmc. We don't even need to keep def and kicker. I just thought it be a interesting keeper rule. But i like the idea of keeping top 2 n that's that

Cool. :thumbup:
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum