All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:09 am
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Masoli cited for pot possession, driving with suspended license
By Jack Moran

The Register-Guard

Posted to Web: Wednesday, Jun 9, 2010 10:42AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suspended University of Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli is again in trouble with the law after a Springfield police officer stopped his vehicle and cited him Monday night on charges of possessing less than one ounce of marijuana, driving with a suspended license and failure to stop at a driveway or a sidewalk.

Masoli is scheduled to appear in Springfield Municipal Court on June 24, a court spokeswoman said.

Masoli, 21, was suspended for the upcoming season in March after he pleaded guilty in Lane County Circuit Court to breaking into a fraternity house.

A UO athletic department spokesman had no immediate comment on Masoli’s latest brush with the law when contacted this morning.

Read more in Thursday’s Register-Guard.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 am
man, Oregon's football team is just a mess right now.
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:18 pm
Big deal. I know a ton of ppl who played at Oregon, at least half of em smoked weed... not to mention all the free **** they get via Nike. I'd rather my football players smoke pot than ciggarettes.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:24 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Big deal. I know a ton of ppl who played at Oregon, at least half of em smoked weed... not to mention all the free **** they get via Nike. I'd rather my football players smoke pot than ciggarettes.

Agreed, this one thing is not a big deal but ALL of the issues put toghether are CRAZY for one team.

And for Masoli especially... he has completel F'ed himself with this and more importantly the robbery charges.

This just shoes he lack of judgement... a key component to a QB
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:44 pm
bada wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Big deal. I know a ton of ppl who played at Oregon, at least half of em smoked weed... not to mention all the free **** they get via Nike. I'd rather my football players smoke pot than ciggarettes.

Agreed, this one thing is not a big deal but ALL of the issues put toghether are CRAZY for one team.

And for Masoli especially... he has completel F'ed himself with this and more importantly the robbery charges.

Raiders Quarterback of the Future. That's what i was toting this guy as before the offfield circus he got himself into. In saying that, the raiders have really soured off guys with baggage lately. I don't like the chances of ever seeing Masoli in a Raiders uniform now.

1 year suspension. He can still workout with the team correct? I think he's plan was always too declare for the draft next season. However there goes that plan out the window. Where he was probably a 1st/2nd round pick this year. If he was to declare next year your looking at a guy who won't get consideration til at least 3rd round but prob a 4th rounder (jimmy clausen was gifted but had issues that's why he's stock fell. I think Masoli has better tangibles then Colt Mccoy. But teams don't want to gamble on rockstars no more)

btw. . . Pot is such a lame drug in my eyes. I love how California has embraced it. I just wish it was more acceptable in Australia. Cause we still get fed the bullshit that it makes u progress to heroin. (& i've been having a bush renaissance at the moment. **** hydro when u can get some solid mellow floating bush bud)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:24 pm
bada wrote:

I'm not anti-pot, actually I'm pro-pot, but it's just soooooooooo stupid for Masoli to do this when he's already in trouble.

Well, here's hoping the new QB does well.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:31 pm
Pot is the big dirty little non-secret in Oregon. There is no "group" of people in Oregon that doesn't have it's pot smokers. Hell, the reason a lot of people come here is for the pot.

It needs to be legalized and everyone knows it. The feds are the ones holding up the process and they are doing it for money and power. The ridiculous "War on Drugs" is all about controlling people and stealing their money.

I could go off about how the Phillip Morris company used a bunch of corrupt politicians to make pot illegal etc. etc. but it'll just piss me off too much.

Never-the-less Masoli was stupid.

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:35 pm
I never have bought into Masoli being a 1st or 2nd rounder. Before everything went down with him, I saw him as a 4-6 rounder. Now, he would not even get drafted.
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:49 pm
bada wrote:I never have bought into Masoli being a 1st or 2nd rounder. Before everything went down with him, I saw him as a 4-6 rounder. Now, he would not even get drafted.

agreed, he was a good college QB, but didnt look to be the guy that would have much game at the next level.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:21 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
bada wrote:I never have bought into Masoli being a 1st or 2nd rounder. Before everything went down with him, I saw him as a 4-6 rounder. Now, he would not even get drafted.

agreed, he was a good college QB, but didnt look to be the guy that would have much game at the next level.

Who was the last Oregon-alum QB to succeed in the NFL? Dennis Dixon plays behind Big Ben, although it could be full time if Ben keeps damaging his image. And Dixon looked good against the Ravens, then again that was one game.

We all saw what happened to Joey Harrington. Who was the last one to do well?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 pm
xbay wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Who was the last Oregon-alum QB to succeed in the NFL? Dennis Dixon plays behind Big Ben, although it could be full time if Ben keeps damaging his image. And Dixon looked good against the Ravens, then again that was one game.

The only one I can think of before Harrington is Akili Smith
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:03 pm
Masoli has been kicked off the team. That is the right move for the Ducks

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5268741
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:04 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
xbay wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

The only one I can think of before Harrington is Akili Smith

He said "who did well"
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:04 pm
Probably all the way to Dan Fouts
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:11 pm
xbay wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Obviously Dan Fouts was probably their most successful NFL product. Norm Van Broklin (sp?) is the only other I can think of. Both of those guys hall of famers. But they certainly havenot had a good success rate lately.

Return to Sports Board