*OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFFS AND PREDICTIONS THREAD*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:54 am
The thing that scares me is that ever since they switched the finals to the current format, the team that has won game 3 after the series starting 1-1 has gone on to win the title 10 times out of 10.

I really, really dont want/need another lakers repeat.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:36 am
suprising how much more physical the Lakers have been than the Celtics. They really have imposed their will. Completely owned the Celts in the paint.

Two years ago they were really out physicalled by the Celts. Totally different this time around.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 am
metalface wrote:The thing that scares me is that ever since they switched the finals to the current format, the team that has won game 3 after the series starting 1-1 has gone on to win the title 10 times out of 10.

I really, really dont want/need another lakers repeat.

I think it's time to throw out all those stats. They don't mean anything with these two teams going head to head.

I didn't want to but I couldn't help think the Celts would lose last night. They always seem to do shitty when they first go to Boston in a series. Seriously, Boston couldn't have played much worse and it was a very close game.

I predict Boston takes the next two, then the Lakers win game 6. Celtics take game 7.

Whatever happens these two teams are going to beat the crap out of each other before it's over.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:58 am
But Chum, it was not just they played shitty on their own, Lakers played very good D and were the aggresor and imposed their will physically.

Allen got good looks though and he was just OFF so I will give that to you, but Kobe did a good job on Rondo and Artest is a HUGE reason why Pierce has not been a factor in this series.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:34 am
bada wrote:But Chum, it was not just they played shitty on their own, Lakers played very good D and were the aggresor and imposed their will physically.

Allen got good looks though and he was just OFF so I will give that to you, but Kobe did a good job on Rondo and Artest is a HUGE reason why Pierce has not been a factor in this series.

I think the Lakers are an awesome basketball team. They did a good job defensively, they did an especially good job at protecting the paint. However...

KG was the only Celtic, with significant shot attempts, that shot well. It wasn't just Ray Allen who played poorly, Rondo didn't play anywhere near his normal standard and it wasn't because Kobe was on him all night. Rondo just played sloppy all around, even when Kobe was nowhere near him. Sheed was crappy, Pierce was crappy (I'll give Artest some credit for that, but again he wasn't always on Pierce. Pierce just had a bad game.)

The Celtics broke down a 17 point deficit over the course of the game AND shot crappy. I don't see that happening again. Look for the Celtics to adjust by speeding up their offensive game. Evertime the Celtics had the ball they waited for both teams to set up before they ran a play. At times I would swear they'd wait for the Lakers to set up even if the Celtics had a 3 on 1 advantage. I think Doc Rivers makes an adjustment there in game 4.

I think we see a different Celtics team and the same Lakers team on Thursday. If not, start picking out my new Avatar :wink:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:46 pm
Chum wrote:The Celtics are going to CRUSH the evil Lakers!!! I can't wait to see Kobe and Phil pissing and moaning about the unfair officiating.

Looks like it is actually the CELTICS and Doc Rivers that are doing the complaining.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5268744
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:31 pm
bada wrote:
Chum wrote:The Celtics are going to CRUSH the evil Lakers!!! I can't wait to see Kobe and Phil pissing and moaning about the unfair officiating.

Looks like it is actually the CELTICS and Doc Rivers that are doing the complaining.

Ehhh... I think the calls have been blown both ways. Neither team has had their share of fair, balanced calls. I've seen some unbelievable scenarios where the refs made a ticky tack, questionable call.

The Celtics have good reason to complain, but so do the Lakers.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 pm
xbay wrote:
bada wrote:

Ehhh... I think the calls have been blown both ways. Neither team has had their share of fair, balanced calls. I've seen some unbelievable scenarios where the refs made a ticky tack, questionable call.

The officials have been shaky all series. Players can adjust if there was some consistency. The problem is they aren't. It is almost like they recognize they made a bad call and try to do a make-up call and that is just making it worse.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:26 pm
JSU2004 wrote:
xbay wrote:
bada wrote:

The officials have been shaky all series. Players can adjust if there was some consistency. The problem is they aren't. It is almost like they recognize they made a bad call and try to do a make-up call and that is just making it worse.

True.

This just makes conspiracy theorist cream their pants. Another opinion for them to use in their quest to prove the NBA is rigged. Not saying I agree with them, but I'm not saying I disagree with them either.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:10 am
Big game tonight for the Celtics. I would be shocked if they dont come out and play their best game of the series tonight. I can easily see a comfortable 10-15pt win tonight
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:21 pm
bada wrote:Big game tonight for the Celtics. I would be shocked if they dont come out and play their best game of the series tonight. I can easily see a comfortable 10-15pt win tonight

Agreed. It's a must win for the Celtics tonight imo. I'm still worried about Gasol, that guy just seems unstoppable. He kind of reminds me of Kareem. Super tall and long but plays more or less a finesse game. If he had Kareem's skyhook I think he'd be in MVP contention.

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:19 pm
Going with the Lakers tonight ... this is where Kobe's killer instinct is tested... I'm expecting a 40 pt night.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:04 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Going with the Lakers tonight ... this is where Kobe's killer instinct is tested... I'm expecting a 40 pt night.

Me too. It's a must win for Boston or the series are over. And I think pressure will be at an all time high after losing their first game at home.

I'm definitely picking the Lakers for tonight.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:14 pm
Beast/TMC, I hope you guys are right... but I am feeling it going a different way.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:23 pm
bada wrote:Beast/TMC, I hope you guys are right... but I am feeling it going a different way.

I'll have to avoid this thread for a couple of days, as I won't be able to watch the game til saturday night...

Don't expect me around this thread til them. I usually don't care about knowing the outcome before watching the game, but that's something I DO care about come playoff time.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum