Iron Chef LeBron

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:07 am
JSU2004 wrote:
metalface wrote:
JSU2004 wrote:I want Lebron to stay. One thing Cleveland has showed is that they are willing to try to do anything to get a championship with him. If Lebron doesn't get hurt, they might be still playing.

I didn't agree with firing the coach, because I thought he was getting better each year. He just had a lot of changes with the roster at the end of the year, that I think he forgot what rosters work best against what teams.

My main issue with Brown was he concentrated, so much on defense that they never had a offense. Every championship team has an offensive set that you know you have to stop, whether it's screen and roll, pick and pop, triangle, low post, etc. Cleveland didn't have one. They were primarily our defense is our offense, and kill you in the primary or secondary break. Otherwise give the ball to Lebron.


I dont think it was that Lebron got hurt that ended his season. It was the fact that he was literally playing with a mothereffer.

I think that had a role too, but his injury had a lot more to do with it than anything.

metalface wrote:But I also think you are giving Brown too much credit. He was mostly there because they wouldnt let Lebron bring back the player/coach.


Because I said he was getting better every year, I'm giving him too much credit? Please explain.

metalface wrote:If Lebron does sign back with them, they will NEED to drastically show him that they are willing to do ANYTHING to win a title.


I think they've showed that they are committeed. Whether I agree with all the decisions they've made, probably not but they have shown that they are willing to make moves. Whether it was getting Mo, Shaq, Jamison, Moon (who I think should've played more), and Parker.


Basically, The Cavs were not winning because they had Brown on the bench. Brown had been there wayy longer than any coach should be allowed to stay taking how little they won into consideration. If Brown really was a great coach that was worth keeping then they would have won at least A championship, or they should have made the finals more than one time.

Rookie
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:43 pm
metalface wrote:
JSU2004 wrote:
metalface wrote:
JSU2004 wrote:I want Lebron to stay. One thing Cleveland has showed is that they are willing to try to do anything to get a championship with him. If Lebron doesn't get hurt, they might be still playing.

I didn't agree with firing the coach, because I thought he was getting better each year. He just had a lot of changes with the roster at the end of the year, that I think he forgot what rosters work best against what teams.

My main issue with Brown was he concentrated, so much on defense that they never had a offense. Every championship team has an offensive set that you know you have to stop, whether it's screen and roll, pick and pop, triangle, low post, etc. Cleveland didn't have one. They were primarily our defense is our offense, and kill you in the primary or secondary break. Otherwise give the ball to Lebron.


I dont think it was that Lebron got hurt that ended his season. It was the fact that he was literally playing with a mothereffer.

I think that had a role too, but his injury had a lot more to do with it than anything.

metalface wrote:But I also think you are giving Brown too much credit. He was mostly there because they wouldnt let Lebron bring back the player/coach.


Because I said he was getting better every year, I'm giving him too much credit? Please explain.

metalface wrote:If Lebron does sign back with them, they will NEED to drastically show him that they are willing to do ANYTHING to win a title.


I think they've showed that they are committeed. Whether I agree with all the decisions they've made, probably not but they have shown that they are willing to make moves. Whether it was getting Mo, Shaq, Jamison, Moon (who I think should've played more), and Parker.


Basically, The Cavs were not winning because they had Brown on the bench. Brown had been there wayy longer than any coach should be allowed to stay taking how little they won into consideration. If Brown really was a great coach that was worth keeping then they would have won at least A championship, or they should have made the finals more than one time.


I never said he was a great coach. I only said he was getting better.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:45 pm
If LeBron signs with the Warriors, I will personally supply him DAILY with his selection of escorts via erosguide.com. Plus I'll pay for a hair transplant so he can fill in that forehead.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:41 pm
Beast Mode wrote:If LeBron signs with the Warriors, I will personally supply him DAILY with his selection of escorts via erosguide.com. Plus I'll pay for a hair transplant so he can fill in that forehead.


lol nice.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:54 pm
JSU2004 wrote:
metalface wrote:
JSU2004 wrote:
metalface wrote:
JSU2004 wrote:I want Lebron to stay. One thing Cleveland has showed is that they are willing to try to do anything to get a championship with him. If Lebron doesn't get hurt, they might be still playing.

I didn't agree with firing the coach, because I thought he was getting better each year. He just had a lot of changes with the roster at the end of the year, that I think he forgot what rosters work best against what teams.

My main issue with Brown was he concentrated, so much on defense that they never had a offense. Every championship team has an offensive set that you know you have to stop, whether it's screen and roll, pick and pop, triangle, low post, etc. Cleveland didn't have one. They were primarily our defense is our offense, and kill you in the primary or secondary break. Otherwise give the ball to Lebron.


I dont think it was that Lebron got hurt that ended his season. It was the fact that he was literally playing with a mothereffer.

I think that had a role too, but his injury had a lot more to do with it than anything.

metalface wrote:But I also think you are giving Brown too much credit. He was mostly there because they wouldnt let Lebron bring back the player/coach.


Because I said he was getting better every year, I'm giving him too much credit? Please explain.

metalface wrote:If Lebron does sign back with them, they will NEED to drastically show him that they are willing to do ANYTHING to win a title.


I think they've showed that they are committeed. Whether I agree with all the decisions they've made, probably not but they have shown that they are willing to make moves. Whether it was getting Mo, Shaq, Jamison, Moon (who I think should've played more), and Parker.


Basically, The Cavs were not winning because they had Brown on the bench. Brown had been there wayy longer than any coach should be allowed to stay taking how little they won into consideration. If Brown really was a great coach that was worth keeping then they would have won at least A championship, or they should have made the finals more than one time.


I never said he was a great coach. I only said he was getting better.


that's why he had to be fired, in my opinion. Coaches are hired to be fired. Especially if you have a player as good as lebron and you aren't winning any championships. Even if it wasn't brown's fault that they got eliminated, he had to be the escape goat. He doesn't put people in seats, he doesn't sell jersey; lebron does that. And that's why after years of haing the same coach and not winning a championship they had to cut ties and try to go after another coach.

NBA coaches are always the ones that have to fall on the grenade, plain and simple.

All Star
Posts: 3062
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:22 am
Further proves that basketball is a team sport.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron