Iron Chef LeBron

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:59 am
Iron Chef has recipe to keep LeBronEmail Print Comments17 Associated Press

LeBron Tracker
Where will LeBron James land? We're keeping tabs on the King. Here's the latest. LeBron Tracker

CLEVELAND -- One of the Cleveland Cavaliers' most famous fans is hoping the way to LeBron James' heart is through his stomach.

Cleveland native Michael Symon, one of Food Network's Iron Chefs, has offered to go to James' house once a month and cook a meal for the MVP's family and friends if he re-signs as a free agent with the Cavaliers. Symon posted a letter to James on his Facebook page.

Symon thanked James for all he has done for the city and urged him to follow his heart when making his decision. Symon also pointed out that some legendary athletes -- Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Jim Brown, Bill Russell and Michael Jordan -- created their legacies primarily with one team.

Symon said he knows "firsthand" that James is a "class act" and he hopes James stays in Cleveland "so I can watch you finish what you started which is something not many people get to do."

Last season, Symon teamed with the Cavs and opened two eating spots in Quicken Loans Arena.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

That would be enough for me to stay :) That and the extra 30 million he'll get if he stays.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:27 pm
The contract # is the least important factor to LeBron... he's gonna get his dough regardless. If he's smart he leaves Cleveland. That team is tied into some sh*t players that will never be on championship teams [see Jamison and Mo[/list]
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:33 pm
Beast Mode wrote:The contract # is the least important factor to LeBron... he's gonna get his dough regardless. If he's smart he leaves Cleveland. That team is tied into some sh*t players that will never be on championship teams [see Jamison and Mo[/list]

I disagree. He has as good a chance in Cleveland as anywhere. Sometimes it just takes the right coach or the right roleplayer to round out a championship team. Cleveland isn't too far off.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:49 pm
Chum wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:The contract # is the least important factor to LeBron... he's gonna get his dough regardless. If he's smart he leaves Cleveland. That team is tied into some sh*t players that will never be on championship teams [see Jamison and Mo[/list]

I disagree. He has as good a chance in Cleveland as anywhere. Sometimes it just takes the right coach or the right roleplayer to round out a championship team. Cleveland isn't too far off.

They still have ZERO post presence. None. I don't mean some high energy guys off the bench, I mean a legit banger at the PF and C positions. Until he has those and another floor distributor [Mo Williams is not a point guard, sorry] he's going nowhere.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:44 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:

They still have ZERO post presence. None. I don't mean some high energy guys off the bench, I mean a legit banger at the PF and C positions. Until he has those and another floor distributor [Mo Williams is not a point guard, sorry] he's going nowhere.

Hmm, maybe you're right on that. Actually I hope you are and he stays. I'm not a LeBron fan.

What about Varejoa though? That kid has a pretty good low post game. Definetly agree with you about Mo.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:34 pm
lol Varejoa has NO post game. Unless you mean defending it?
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:54 pm
Quazza wrote:lol Varejoa has NO post game. Unless you mean defending it?

Yes that's exactly what I mean. I thought he was the best player for the Cavs not named LeBron.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:24 pm
Chum wrote:

Yes that's exactly what I mean. I thought he was the best player for the Cavs not named LeBron.

If someone could even think that then that just tells you how bad his supporting cast is. Not one consistent option.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:42 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:

If someone could even think that then that just tells you how bad his supporting cast is. Not one consistent option.

Whatever. The Cavs had the best regular season of any team and they met a great veteren team in the playoffs. They are probably a new coach or a new pg away from being a contender.

Also you don't need 5 or 6 big time scoring options, you need two. LeBron makes about one and half. You do need a bunch of good defenders.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:50 pm
I'm with Beast on this. You take him out of that team, and they're garbage

If I'm Lebron, I'm working with Bosh to get us both in NY
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:28 pm
I want Lebron to stay. One thing Cleveland has showed is that they are willing to try to do anything to get a championship with him. If Lebron doesn't get hurt, they might be still playing.

I didn't agree with firing the coach, because I thought he was getting better each year. He just had a lot of changes with the roster at the end of the year, that I think he forgot what rosters work best against what teams.

My main issue with Brown was he concentrated, so much on defense that they never had a offense. Every championship team has an offensive set that you know you have to stop, whether it's screen and roll, pick and pop, triangle, low post, etc. Cleveland didn't have one. They were primarily our defense is our offense, and kill you in the primary or secondary break. Otherwise give the ball to Lebron.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 am
JSU2004 wrote:I want Lebron to stay. One thing Cleveland has showed is that they are willing to try to do anything to get a championship with him. If Lebron doesn't get hurt, they might be still playing.

I didn't agree with firing the coach, because I thought he was getting better each year. He just had a lot of changes with the roster at the end of the year, that I think he forgot what rosters work best against what teams.

My main issue with Brown was he concentrated, so much on defense that they never had a offense. Every championship team has an offensive set that you know you have to stop, whether it's screen and roll, pick and pop, triangle, low post, etc. Cleveland didn't have one. They were primarily our defense is our offense, and kill you in the primary or secondary break. Otherwise give the ball to Lebron.

I dont think it was that Lebron got hurt that ended his season. It was the fact that he was literally playing with a mothereffer.

But I also think you are giving Brown too much credit. He was mostly there because they wouldnt let Lebron bring back the player/coach. If Lebron does sign back with them, they will NEED to drastically show him that they are willing to do ANYTHING to win a title.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:29 am
Chum wrote:
Iron Chef has recipe to keep LeBronEmail Print Comments17 Associated Press

LeBron Tracker
Where will LeBron James land? We're keeping tabs on the King. Here's the latest. LeBron Tracker

CLEVELAND -- One of the Cleveland Cavaliers' most famous fans is hoping the way to LeBron James' heart is through his stomach.

Cleveland native Michael Symon, one of Food Network's Iron Chefs, has offered to go to James' house once a month and cook a meal for the MVP's family and friends if he re-signs as a free agent with the Cavaliers. Symon posted a letter to James on his Facebook page.

Symon thanked James for all he has done for the city and urged him to follow his heart when making his decision. Symon also pointed out that some legendary athletes -- Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Jim Brown, Bill Russell and Michael Jordan -- created their legacies primarily with one team.

Symon said he knows "firsthand" that James is a "class act" and he hopes James stays in Cleveland "so I can watch you finish what you started which is something not many people get to do."

Last season, Symon teamed with the Cavs and opened two eating spots in Quicken Loans Arena.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

That would be enough for me to stay :) That and the extra 30 million he'll get if he stays.

Great food will definately get me, head over heels almost. The chik might look hot and all, but that stuff lasts not very long if she doesn't have talent and filling your stomach well with good food makes her so great :)

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:40 am
metalface wrote:
JSU2004 wrote:I want Lebron to stay. One thing Cleveland has showed is that they are willing to try to do anything to get a championship with him. If Lebron doesn't get hurt, they might be still playing.

I dont think it was that Lebron got hurt that ended his season. It was the fact that he was literally playing with a mothereffer.

I think that had a role too, but his injury had a lot more to do with it than anything.

metalface wrote:But I also think you are giving Brown too much credit. He was mostly there because they wouldnt let Lebron bring back the player/coach.

Because I said he was getting better every year, I'm giving him too much credit? Please explain.

metalface wrote:If Lebron does sign back with them, they will NEED to drastically show him that they are willing to do ANYTHING to win a title.

I think they've showed that they are committeed. Whether I agree with all the decisions they've made, probably not but they have shown that they are willing to make moves. Whether it was getting Mo, Shaq, Jamison, Moon (who I think should've played more), and Parker.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:41 am
Yet you could say the same thing about Al Davis. He is committed to winning: Signed sh*t guys like DeAngelo Hall and Javon Walker to 50 Mill + contracts when noone else would offer half of that. He's for sure "committed" ... it's just not gonna happen.
Next

Return to NBA Forum