The LOST thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:20 pm
yeah i am watching it too... i would watch it live, but it ends too late, and I need to wake up real early.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:25 pm
It's one of those shows that you need to have watched from the very beginning ... otherwise you are..... .... .... LOST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:37 pm
It's like reading a book (with a crappy 3rd quarter to it). not only will you not get the last episode, but you ruin it for yourself if you just read the last 10 pages first...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:54 pm
haha "now entering sleep mode"...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:05 pm
well ain't that some funky shiit
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:59 pm
Can we all agree that the finale blew?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:14 pm
what would you like have seen in the ending?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:21 pm
Finally got caught up (was about 4 episodes behind).

I think the finale was just OK, but in general this whole season SUCKED! Probably the 2nd to worst season.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:40 pm
The finale was very anticlimactic. I think a few seasons ago the theory that ended up being the truth was thrown out as a joke and when it ended up being real it was a huge let down. I didnt want to be any more specific in fear that I will ruin it for anyone that hasnt seen it.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:34 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:what would you like have seen in the ending?

EDIT I FOUND TO CLIPS THAT EXPLAIN MY FRUSTRATION AS A MAN OF PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY AND GENERAL LOGIC.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBMYk-6cTpI&NR=1[/youtube]

These guys sum up my beef PERFECTLY (particularity @ 45:00 - 46:00)
http://revision3.com/trs/easilier/tv-lost-series-finale-

my original post:

The three things that really bug me:
1. I will not waste 121 hours of my life committed to a series like this any more. They've officially boy-who-cried-wolfized me into never trusting a show of this magnitude ever again. "we'll tell you the answers if you keep watching"!!! no you won't STFU! They lied and said, "it's all based on science/real explainations. that's what you call a red herring.

2. Lost states that it's about the characters, yet there were SOOOOOOO many episodes (see basically season 3 through 6) that were plot driven. there was no moral to the story in these episodes (as there was in the 1st two seasons which I loved), it was just some random shiit, to keep us asking why.

3. so much of the last season was new information that did not tie into old shiit. I know what happened, the writers said "**** what do we do so people don't come for our heads?" - "I know, let's have a sappy-remember-the-good-times moment for each character, and then people won't be as mad when we drop the story like it just came out the oven

http://revision3.com/trs/easilier/tv-lost-series-finale-

beyond that I don't know... 23 unanswered questions

1. why did they time travel?
2. why do jaccob and (Samuel I think) "smokey" have a crazy "step" mother? that was so arbitrary.
3. Polar Bear?
4. Was Locke Special? the answer is too vague.
5. Why were the others building a runway for agira plane and (I might have missed this explanation) They conveniently find a plane in the last season, doesn't that seem a little contrived to anyone else?
6. HOW was Charles Widmore convinced of his evil ways?
7. Daniel Faraday... uhh yeah. what the **** was all of that science about? (like that missle), doesn't age why exactly?
8. uh the hatch? full explanation? 4,8,16,23... who gives a fuk?
9. What was, as some have dubbed "the butt plug of evil" about? the light tunnel kills Again forced in the finale...
10. Charlie almost dies in his purgatory... and that starts a chain reaction to get the other main characters (just the main ones because... well...) to awaken.
11. Elloise Faraday, no explanation at all. was she magical too?
12. Ben turns the wheel and wakes up in the middle of no where (tunisia I believe)?
13. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO TAKE A SUBMARINE
14. Walt, Echo, Michael??? can a brother get some closure? nah I'm not going to rip on them too much for that. Walt grew a ton so they couldn't use them, echo asked to leave the show.
15. Purgatory has no sense of... well purgatory, for some characters. Sawyer is a cop with less problems than before. Locke is still handicaped but in love. purgatory should give characters an empty feeling that they shouldn't have to tell you IS purgatory. nobody could guess that **** before the reveal at the end, don't even play.
16. miles - he can conveniently talk to the dead with no explanation?
17. So Jaccob just has these random powers... invisibility, the ability to "teleport" off the island (while smokey cannot), not age, change fates of certain people (psychic abilities somewhat). it just seems like they kept giving him power after power with no explaination.
18. "theresa falls up the stairs, Theresa fall down the stairs"?
19. smoke monster details? Can't go into the temple? electro-fence?
20. MY #1 QUESTION - WHY DOES THE STATUE HAVE FOUR TOES?
21. bonus question - all of these arbitrary rules for jaccob and smokey. weak sauce my friends. weak sauce.
22. dharma initiative keeps giving them food via plane.... yeah what? why?
23. Special time phones.... WTF?

my question to you señor Krahkrs... what did you like about the ending?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:30 am
I'm so proud to say I HAVEN'T SEEN LOST!!! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:36 am
yep, u asked good questions.

Another one deals with the whole pregnancy thing. Why was Ben so obsess with it that he needed to bring Juliet to the island? Was it cuz of Annie or someone else he loved? (Who/where is Annie?)We know people died when giving birth on the island, but why was this so?

But TMC, LOST was worth it though. There were too many good episodes (plus season 1 was awesome, along with seasons 2, 4 as my other favorite seasons). The other seasons had flaws, but still have great episodes within them. Even though not all questions were answered, it was still a great ride, one with few shows even come close to on TV.

I wish the producers try to release something on the DVD explaining unanswered questions.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:07 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:But TMC, LOST was worth it though. There were too many good episodes (plus season 1 was awesome, along with seasons 2, 4 as my other favorite seasons). The other seasons had flaws, but still have great episodes within them. Even though not all questions were answered, it was still a great ride, one with few shows even come close to on TV.

You know, I "lost" (pun intended) any interest I had after FOUR episodes of the first season. I was hoping everybody would get killed in the friggin' island before too late... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:15 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:But TMC, LOST was worth it though. There were too many good episodes (plus season 1 was awesome, along with seasons 2, 4 as my other favorite seasons). The other seasons had flaws, but still have great episodes within them. Even though not all questions were answered, it was still a great ride, one with few shows even come close to on TV.

You know, I "lost" (pun intended) any interest I had after FOUR episodes of the first season. I was hoping everybody would get killed in the friggin' island before too late... :mrgreen:

Good for you TMC. If you are like me... married, with two small children and are home all the time, then I suppose it was good TV. Better than a lot of TV. But CERTAINLY it was not worth the investment for people that could be doing other fun and interesting things.

I was intrigued early by the mysteries and the fact the producers said everything was there for a reason and everything would be explained and the viewers would be rewarded for stickign with the show. That they learned from the mistakes of previous series that did not answer the questions of the viewers. But they flat out lied! The payoff was WEAK.

I mean hell, I could have written that series... just come up with a bunch of random stuff that does not appear to relate to each other and then just never explain it. No accountability for the writing.

The writing progressively got weaker and lazy. It had the promise to be an excellent show, but it failed horribly to deliver on that.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:18 am
Lost was still the best series I've ever seen on network television. And no, they didn't explain anything in depth, but the explained enough to make it a rewarding journey. I hope networks are able to provide more series like this instead of short-run series that get cancelled before anything really happens.

Of course, I don't really watch TV outside of sports and a handful of shows, like Entourage.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum