Some Prospective Monta Trades:

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:46 am
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Would you do something like Monta+ AR+6 for Gasol + Mayo +12 and obviously some other salaries might need to be involved. Could give us a potential roster of

Curry
Mayo
Maggette/Williams
Wright
Gasol/Turiaf

and allow us to invest a pick that fits a more complimentary player (which most players we could get at 6 would be) like Heyward, Babbitt or Udoh.

I guess the way to guarantee we could get a Gasol from Memphis would be if Ellison bought the team and had Jerry West involved in the front office as he used to GM Memphis and is a mentor of sorts o their current GM. That was a huge key to the Lakers and Grizz trade a few years ago.

Yes, I would do that deal.

AR is talented but I think we can all agree that Gasol gives us our BIG TIME big that we are HOPING AR will become... but that is a big if... Gasol is already there.

I think Mayo is a better compliment to Curry in the backcourt than Monta is so I like that exchange.

So we get our big we have been dying for, get a better fit for Curry all for the price of moving down 6 slots. Yes, I DO IT
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:33 pm
I think it's possible since we are seemingly giving up a lot of talent for better fits all around. Memphis gets a local boy who has the capabilities to be one of the most electrifying scorers in the NBA to sell tickets and a promising prospect to replace Zach Randolph for cheap if he ends up going to jail.

We get a solid SG prospect who is currently cheap to replace Monta, and a solid center who is currently cheap, rebounds, defends and passes well. I don't know how true it is, but I don't think Memphis and its owner has a good relationship with Spanish players, and I would be surprised if Gasol resigned there, so the need to get a promising player in return for him might be greater than some of us think (certainly they don't need to move him this off-season).

Don't know if the pick swap would be necessary, but I would definitely be willing to do it if it made this trade happen.
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:28 pm
man I'd hate to see AR go like that but even I would hesitantly do that trade
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:50 am
Quazza wrote:man I'd hate to see AR go like that but even I would hesitantly do that trade

I really want to keep AR, but I'd do that trade, just have to to get better

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:39 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Would you do something like Monta+ AR+6 for Gasol + Mayo +12 and obviously some other salaries might need to be involved. Could give us a potential roster of

Curry
Mayo
Maggette/Williams
Wright
Gasol/Turiaf

and allow us to invest a pick that fits a more complimentary player (which most players we could get at 6 would be) like Heyward, Babbitt or Udoh.

I guess the way to guarantee we could get a Gasol from Memphis would be if Ellison bought the team and had Jerry West involved in the front office as he used to GM Memphis and is a mentor of sorts o their current GM. That was a huge key to the Lakers and Grizz trade a few years ago.

For the warriors, I would definitely do the trade. If I'm Memphis, there is no way I do this trade. If they do it, they would have to really love Monta.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:14 pm
JSU2004 wrote:

Curry
Mayo
Maggette/Williams
Wright
Gasol/Turiaf

For the warriors, I would definitely do the trade. If I'm Memphis, there is no way I do this trade. If they do it, they would have to really love Monta.

Sorry I figured the only way this gets done is if Zach Randolph ends up facing some serious criminal charges, a serious suspension or the team decides to cut ties with him for his alleged involvement in drug trafficking.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:34 am
Saw this idea on realgm trade forum so it has no basis, but seemed interesting. It is based on Orlando's need for a true slasher that they thought they had in Carter, and each of us moving contracts.

Orlando sends over Vince Carter (Makes max next year but after that has a 4 million buyout the following season)

We send them Corey Maggette and CJ Watson in a sign and trade. Of course this trade hinges on some things like if Reddick resigns with Orlando or not. If they are not as interested in Watson as last year or Reddick resigns, we should offer Radmonovic and Corey for that contract that (basically) expires after next year.

Yes they take on a longer salary in Maggette for a team that already has some bad contracts, but the pressure is on Orlando to win now, and Maggette immediately solves their need for a slashing wing. It also allows us to free up capspace at the expense or 2 players at positions that we have good depth.
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:17 pm
Yeah, replace VC with Maggette... thats the key to a championship... not to mention you're locked in with him for much longer. I don't think Orlando is retarded enough to do that. VC's contract off the books will be big for them in 2011... they're gonna have to resign Jameer soon right?
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:27 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Yeah, replace VC with Maggette... thats the key to a championship... not to mention you're locked in with him for much longer. I don't think Orlando is retarded enough to do that. VC's contract off the books will be big for them in 2011... they're gonna have to resign Jameer soon right?

I'm not a huge Magic fan so I don't know all of their contract situations, but many of their fans seemed like they were interested in Maggette in their lineup (although they were concerned about his injury history). They really don't have the wing slashing threat to compliment their shooters that they thought VC would be. And although he hasn't contributed to much winning ball throughout his career, that is his strength and Maggette is one of the best wings at getting to the hoop in the NBA.

If we sent over Radmonovic with Maggette they would still get some cap space at the end of the year. And since they have Jameer's bird rights (I believe. He was drafted by the Nugs but subsequently traded to the Magic) they could still sign him and go over the cap. But their owner is crazy and throws money around and Otis overpays for players(Rashard Lewis max).

Not probable, but possible
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:17 pm
How's Monta+s&t Morrow+Biedrins+Rad for Bynum+Walton
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:56 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:How's Monta+s&t Morrow+Biedrins+Rad for Bynum+Walton

Horrendous.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:21 am
Idk if someone already said this but if Amare goes to new York which is looking likely. Then I hear of a possible monta for David lee sign and trade

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:53 pm
Biggben wrote:Idk if someone already said this but if Amare goes to new York which is looking likely. Then I hear of a possible monta for David lee sign and trade

Yeah, I believe it's being talked about more in the main forum.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:31 pm
Biggben wrote:Idk if someone already said this but if Amare goes to new York which is looking likely. Then I hear of a possible monta for David lee sign and trade

well it wasnt monta but it looks like i was correct with the david lee call
Previous

Return to Trades