Red Dead Redemption

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:28 am
Does anyone have, or is planning to get, Red Dead Redemption? I've been waiting for a good western video game and this one looks like it could be it. From the previews at least it has a really good spaghetti western feel to it...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMxSUGZ6TU[/youtube]
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:22 am
I have been thinking about getting this game when it comes out. I too have been waiting for a good western game, Im kind of sick of futuristic scifi shooters like Halo and Gears of War. Unfortunately I probably wouldnt be able to get to it for a really long time because I have skate 3 and FIFA world cup to play. Ill probably play it sometime down the road.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:41 pm
It looks freakin' amazing.

But I just don't believe I have the time to play through all it's great features. The game has so many things going on and to do, you just gotta be able to sit down and have the time to play it. I think I'll just go to my friend's house to check it out.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:57 pm
I've actually had it downloaded for the 360 for a few days now (full game not the demo), I'll probably check it out tonight - I'll let you know. I have already burned about 10 copies of it for friends - there is a lot of hype.

It's getting awesome reviews.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:17 pm
JREED23 wrote:I've actually had it downloaded for the 360 for a few days now (full game not the demo), I'll probably check it out tonight - I'll let you know. I have already burned about 10 copies of it for friends - there is a lot of hype.

It's getting awesome reviews.

Yes please give us your review. The more I see of it the better it looks to me.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:26 pm
ign gave it a 9.7 and 1up gave it an A. It certainly sounds like it is a really good game. Ill probably cave in at some point and get it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:33 am
I played a bit at my friends house and it's basically everything the trailers show you. A few bugs, but everything else is just pure beauty.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:39 am
xbay wrote:I played a bit at my friends house and it's basically everything the trailers show you. A few bugs, but everything else is just pure beauty.

Nice! Are you going to buy it it Xbay?

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:31 pm
Chum wrote:
xbay wrote:I played a bit at my friends house and it's basically everything the trailers show you. A few bugs, but everything else is just pure beauty.

Nice! Are you going to buy it it Xbay?

I'm actually re-thinking about it. Especially since the online multiplayer mode is extremely attractive. It's just with a couple things going on for me this summer puts me in a position where I have to plan out my money carefully.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:41 am
I was hoping to get back to you guys sooner. But, it is an excellent game, better than GTA 4 IMO - it has more to do and the setting is more attractive to me (the cramped urban environment of Liberty City wasn't my style).

-The challenges are entertaining - Hunting is the shiit!

-The story is about what we've come to expect (and predict) from Rockstar, their whole way of story telling maybe a tried and true formula but it is no-longer engaging, predictable, and the characters are redundant. Basically you can just play through the whole game and skip all of the cut scenes and not really feel like you missed much.

-I don't really want to go into gameplay mechanics or animation/graphics - but they are just as good if not better than GTA 4.

You have to realize that with Red Dead 2 you're basically getting GTA 4: Wild West, but that isn't a bad thing. I recommend, anyone that is a sandbox/GTA fan get this game ASAP - it will keep you entertained for weeks if not months. Just one tip - as with almost all sandbox/GTA/RPGs, don't just play through the main story; take your time, play the side quests and challenges either first or throughout the campaign.

Rating - 8.5/10 (pretty good for me)

Hope that helps, I can't really comment on the online play since I only have the game on my hacked 360 - I only buy/play online games on my PS3 (free PSN>XBL)

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:45 am
metalface wrote:I have been thinking about getting this game when it comes out. I too have been waiting for a good western game, Im kind of sick of futuristic scifi shooters like Halo and Gears of War. Unfortunately I probably wouldnt be able to get to it for a really long time because I have skate 3 and FIFA world cup to play. Ill probably play it sometime down the road.

I also think so.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:07 pm
I loved it the first week of playing it(like 10 hours put in during that week) but now in like the 3rd week i barely play it and moved from like 50% after that first week to like 52%. So at first it was amazing but after a while it's played out, like GTA4 was.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:17 pm
Pworld wrote:I loved it the first week of playing it(like 10 hours put in during that week) but now in like the 3rd week i barely play it and moved from like 50% after that first week to like 52%. So at first it was amazing but after a while it's played out, like GTA4 was.

I made it to about 30 % of GTA before I realized i was doing the same exact **** all day with different dialogue... never played it again
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:30 pm
Pworld wrote:I loved it the first week of playing it(like 10 hours put in during that week) but now in like the 3rd week i barely play it and moved from like 50% after that first week to like 52%. So at first it was amazing but after a while it's played out, like GTA4 was.

10 hours/day??????????????? Holy **** man. But the control pad and the bong down and go outside.... read a book.... volunteer somewhere.... SOMETHING!!!
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:39 pm
bada wrote:

10 hours/day??????????????? Holy **** man. But the control pad and the bong down and go outside.... read a book.... volunteer somewhere.... SOMETHING!!!

No not 10 hours a day, 10 hours all together LOL! 10 hours a day I'd probably of been done with that game by day 2-3
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum