8th Ave heading to Australia!!

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:24 pm
So it's our 2nd day and our impression of Sydney has improved. We were just on a 14 hour flight, so me and Thao (my gf) slept the whole entire day yesterday. Anywho, today was cloudy and rained heavily in the morning. As of now, we're staying in and researching on what we should do the upcoming 3 days. We want to go to Bondi Beach and i wanna rent a bike to ride around in. Also plan on going to the Botanical Garden. That's all for now guys. Catch up with you all later.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:26 pm
8th ave wrote:So it's our 2nd day and our impression of Sydney has improved. We were just on a 14 hour flight, so me and Thao (my gf) slept the whole entire day yesterday. Anywho, today was cloudy and rained heavily in the morning. As of now, we're staying in and researching on what we should do the upcoming 3 days. We want to go to Bondi Beach and i wanna rent a bike to ride around in. Also plan on going to the Botanical Garden. That's all for now guys. Catch up with you all later.

Yeah sorry to hear about the weather buddy (i heard a severe low depression is moving in, so i hope you packed your panchos)

Don't worry the weather looks good for the Fri-Sat when your up in Queensland.. a Little bit of drizzle predicted for the Sunday, But you should have some good sunshine soon
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:21 am
8th ave wrote:So it's our 2nd day and our impression of Sydney has improved. We were just on a 14 hour flight, so me and Thao (my gf) slept the whole entire day yesterday. Anywho, today was cloudy and rained heavily in the morning. As of now, we're staying in and researching on what we should do the upcoming 3 days. We want to go to Bondi Beach and i wanna rent a bike to ride around in. Also plan on going to the Botanical Garden. That's all for now guys. Catch up with you all later.

It is winter now in Australia man, so the weather, especially on the east side, will likely be more cold and wet than sunny. Any good day you catch, use it well and go to the beaches or places where good weather is a must. From what I saw in Sydney the three days I was there is that there are quite a few places that are indoor and nice to visit. Best bet you have is to go to a store of some sort, better in a shopping center, and ask one of the workers or managers what are the best places to visit. It's easier than looking it up and you get the advice from people who have been there and seen it

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:08 am

Rain + Australian Beaches = Chance to re-enact the ending of Point Break. Get to it!
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:45 am
fine wrote:

Rain + Australian Beaches = Chance to re-enact the ending of Point Break. Get to it!

Haha that POLICE Accent right at the end was the ALLTIME WORST AUSSIE ACCENT!!!

:D
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:42 am
I need my 8th AVE HOLIDAY UPDATE FIX!!! (need to know he's enjoying himself)

:evil:

I got this bad feeling he wondered into Redfern & he'll never come back (well 8th Ave from Oakland, So i guess Redfern would be a stroll in the park for him)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:29 am
lol... wussup fellas... today i took a ferry to Manly and the ferry ride was sweet. on the way back, the sun was setting so i was able to get some really good shots with my new dslr. Also ate dinner at a good and cheap thai restaurant. Yo golden boy (oscar), I'm leaving Sydney after tomorrow and i'll be in Gold Coast by the afternoon. I told Thao about you and she thinks ur an internet predator lol. I told her everything was gonna be okay and that ur a fellow raider/warrior fan. Anywho, i guess we have to set up a time where you can show us around or you need to pick a place where we can have lunch and chop it up. Hope Gold Coast welcomes us with good weather!

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:31 am
8th ave wrote:lol... wussup fellas... today i took a ferry to Manly and the ferry ride was sweet. on the way back, the sun was setting so i was able to get some really good shots with my new dslr. Also ate dinner at a good and cheap thai restaurant. Yo golden boy (oscar), I'm leaving Sydney after tomorrow and i'll be in Gold Coast by the afternoon. I told Thao about you and she thinks ur an internet predator lol. I told her everything was gonna be okay and that ur a fellow raider/warrior fan. Anywho, i guess we have to set up a time where you can show us around or you need to pick a place where we can have lunch and chop it up. Hope Gold Coast welcomes us with good weather!

LMFAO!
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:48 am
Yeah bro. Probably best we did something sunday morning. Give you friday to check into your hotel n enjoy your surroundings n then have a full day on saturday to check out the beaches.

I'm coming down from Brisbane which is the states capital. Gold Coast is like the tourist mecca. But if i pick u up on sunday morning sometime we could drive back to Bris Vegas n spend the day there & then i'll just drop u back down to gold coast that afternoon.

In terms of a meet up spot. N time. Well i'll let you organise that. Gotta make sure your girls comfortable with a meetup area considering us internet stalkers usually have a pre ambush location. Lol! Plus once u know where abouts a good landmark to meet is. It'd be easier for me to find then where as u i suggest. There's a hard rock cafe right near where your staying. But u can just facebook or private message me where abouts on the day bedforE & i'll be there.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:32 am
8th ave wrote:I told Thao about you and she thinks ur an internet predator lol. I told her everything was gonna be okay and that ur a fellow raider/warrior fan.

Ever heard of female intuition?.

Trust her... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:50 am
lol... i felt comfortable sharing what thao said cuz i was sure pawno wouldn't get offended... anyway, as of now, i have no clue where we could meet... all i know is that thao wanted to do this "oz ball" thing where they put you in a ball and roll you down the hill... i also know that she wants to have a beach day, so other than those two, i haven't had a clue on a rendevous spot... i guess i'll just hitchu up thru fb if i figure something out... also, dont be afraid to hit me up if you have any other suggestions...

Update on Sydney: Today we were suppose to go whale watching but it ended up raining. When we woke up, we already had a bad feeling about the weather cuz we saw a **** load of gray clouds coming our way... i ended up going to the Da Vinci exhibit and that **** was pretty whack too... we're literally dying for some great weather...

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:46 am
8th ave wrote:lol... i felt comfortable sharing what thao said cuz i was sure pawno wouldn't get offended... anyway, as of now, i have no clue where we could meet... all i know is that thao wanted to do this "oz ball" thing where they put you in a ball and roll you down the hill... i also know that she wants to have a beach day, so other than those two, i haven't had a clue on a rendevous spot... i guess i'll just hitchu up thru fb if i figure something out... also, dont be afraid to hit me up if you have any other suggestions...

Update on Sydney: Today we were suppose to go whale watching but it ended up raining. When we woke up, we already had a bad feeling about the weather cuz we saw a **** load of gray clouds coming our way... i ended up going to the Da Vinci exhibit and that **** was pretty whack too... we're literally dying for some great weather...

bro the weather is looking good for a beach day. I suggest u take Sunglasses down to the shoreline (& be suspectful if Thao rocking them) it's got nothing to do with the sunshine but more so to do with protective perving Saturday is expected to be around 22 degrees n i think that will be warm enough for all the silican blondes to go sunbathing on our golden state beaches.

If it holds true n the weather turns out gray. You'll be in for your first culture shock. QUAZZa can back this up. But the beach is going to be filled with everyone having a tattoo of the star constellation featured on the Aussie flag. 'The Southern Cross' i don't think i've ever seen an american get a tattoo of there flags on there biceps. But it seems every 2nd or 3rd blokes got 6 stars on there biceps. I personally feel it's a wak tattoo idea purely for the popularity of it. But yeah. It's something u see more often in summer when the temp is pushing 100F.

Ok buddy. I'll mull on a meetup spot n hit u back with a spot by tomorrow night for a sunday morning meetup.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:23 am
WusuP ForUM !

sorry pawno, i'm a lil buzzed so i'm gonna ignore your last post for now, but the good news is that i just bought internet for 3 days for 40 bucks so i'll be able to reply properly the first thing in the morning...

anywho, it's funny that you mentioned the hard rock cafe because i have a view of it from my room! i can't take any good pictures because most of my view is obstruted, but what i see is still pretty nice nontheless....

and to TMC, my advice would be to skip Sydney altogether and just go to gold coast... the beach is frikken amazing here! the sand feels like powder... it's a friday and we went to the beach at 4 PM and almost nobody was there... it was probably one of the most tranquil and beautiful experience me and thao have had... me and thao ran into this groupie chick who was talkin about how she was dancing with chingy at a club and she was telling us how they're transforming this place into a swanky, high class area for families, so i suggest you visit this place before it gets too expensive!

finally, i'd just like to end this post by saying that i think gold coast is where me and thao will have majority of our fun, and it's all thanks to the golden boy ((pawno)whose real name is oscar)). if it wasn't for you we wouldn't have experienced the best beach we've ever seen in our life times... thao wants to extend her thanks to you and so do i... PEACE OUT FORUM

P.S. fuk my grammar mistakes... im buzzed... peace out guys!

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:51 am
8th ave wrote:WusuP ForUM !

sorry pawno, i'm a lil buzzed so i'm gonna ignore your last post for now, but the good news is that i just bought internet for 3 days for 40 bucks so i'll be able to reply properly the first thing in the morning...

anywho, it's funny that you mentioned the hard rock cafe because i have a view of it from my room! i can't take any good pictures because most of my view is obstruted, but what i see is still pretty nice nontheless....

and to TMC, my advice would be to skip Sydney altogether and just go to gold coast... the beach is frikken amazing here! the sand feels like powder... it's a friday and we went to the beach at 4 PM and almost nobody was there... it was probably one of the most tranquil and beautiful experience me and thao have had... me and thao ran into this groupie chick who was talkin about how she was dancing with chingy at a club and she was telling us how they're transforming this place into a swanky, high class area for families, so i suggest you visit this place before it gets too expensive!

finally, i'd just like to end this post by saying that i think gold coast is where me and thao will have majority of our fun, and it's all thanks to the golden boy ((pawno)whose real name is oscar)). if it wasn't for you we wouldn't have experienced the best beach we've ever seen in our life times... thao wants to extend her thanks to you and so do i... PEACE OUT FORUM

P.S. fuk my grammar mistakes... im buzzed... peace out guys!

I think I have had all the beaches I needed for a lifetime after the last two years... I'm looking into more of an urban experience, or something... I'm not sure... but certainly not more beach experience.

Thanks anyway, mate. Glad you and your gf are having fun and enjoying your time in Oz.

And remember to keep updating the thread from time to time, 8th ave. :D
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:13 pm
@ Tmc - i feel ya homie. Being sick of the beach life. But the gold coast is also a pretty good urban sprawl in terms of the high rise accomodation around. I guess where as Las Palmas is a island of 200000 or so people living on the island. The gold coast is that population with about 2/3 living in skyscrapers. Plus if u go to the gold coast then checking out Brisbane is a must as it's only like a 45 minute drive away n then that's a city of 2 million.

@8th Ave - shopping, the pick of the bunch is a mall called harbor town. Probably a 15 minute busride but it's a discount outlet & then the biggest mall on the coast is called Pacific Fair, but i think Thao would go crazy at harbor town. I got no idea if there's anything specific u want to do tomorrow. But if u got any ideas. I'll try n fit it into my crash course of brizzy sightseeing. Enjoy the Boobs . . . .urh i mean beach today! LOL
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum