8th Ave heading to Australia!!

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:01 pm
Y H A - Youth Hostel Australia. Basically cheap accomodation. Either in bunk style dormitory or private rooms. . . I don't imagigne it'll be like van wilder where u wake up with penis drawn on your forehead by a bunch of frat boys. But plan to drink n party long n hard if u become friends with any of the irish doing a backpackers trip around australia <sydney is usually first destination for these folks n most of them never leave sydney> . . . . . . . . . . . Buddgi smugglers, also known as swimmers. Think david hassolhoff running down the beach with no pockets to store his parrot. So yes he smuggles them in his beach underwear. :mrgreen: . . Hey bobby come check out the gold coast. From what i hear from other americans it's australia's version of miami but a lot more cleaner & a lot less crime. There's plenty of stuff to do other then the beach n surf. Like awesome surrounding rainforests & amazing theme parks. Plus it's like a hours drive from me so u could probably come up & see brisvegas! Let me know if the gold coast sounds like something you n yo girl be keen on. I could prob take a few days off to show u around. . . . Ps. I think i have aukland a bad rap. New zealand is more about the countryside n seeing the land. But if your going to experience a city. Well it's a bit of a big black hole!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:32 pm
Hey Pawno, thanks for the input, ill ask my girlfriend and see what she thinks. In the mean time, what have you heard about Christchurch?

Also, if anyone could give me some 411 on Melbourne that would be great. Me and my girlfriend is visiting Melbourne and Sydney for sure. I already booked the hotel for Sydney and we're staying with her family when we're in Melbourne. I'm also thinking about renting a car when I'm in Melbourne. Do you guys drive on the left side of the road???
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:33 am
8th ave wrote:Hey Pawno, thanks for the input, ill ask my girlfriend and see what she thinks. In the mean time, what have you heard about Christchurch?

Also, if anyone could give me some 411 on Melbourne that would be great. Me and my girlfriend is visiting Melbourne and Sydney for sure. I already booked the hotel for Sydney and we're staying with her family when we're in Melbourne. I'm also thinking about renting a car when I'm in Melbourne. Do you guys drive on the left side of the road???

U got any updates on your trip Homie?

Can't really comment on Melbourne cause i aint spent as much time as i have there as i do in Sydney, But it's pretty interesting Infrastructure wise... they held the Olympics there in 1956 so they have all these amazing stadiums built right in the heart of the city.

I'd touch base with your gf's family and ask them about Gold Coast (if they live in Melbourne then they usually holiday up here in Queensland due to the glorious weather)
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:48 pm
PAWNO wrote:
8th ave wrote:Hey Pawno, thanks for the input, ill ask my girlfriend and see what she thinks. In the mean time, what have you heard about Christchurch?

Can't really comment on Melbourne cause i aint spent as much time as i have there as i do in Sydney, But it's pretty interesting Infrastructure wise... they held the Olympics there in 1956 so they have all these amazing stadiums built right in the heart of the city.

I'd touch base with your gf's family and ask them about Gold Coast (if they live in Melbourne then they usually holiday up here in Queensland due to the glorious weather)

wussup pawno... me and the lady just decided that we weren't going to new zealand... i spoke to my old english teacher who visited new zealand a couple of times and he said it would be a bad idea to go if we didn't know anyone there... me and the lady really wanted to go to cairns to see the great barrier reef, but tickets are so damn expensive... dont tell me how great it is either, cuz imma be really sad that we dont get to see it... my friend saw it, and he says its like an underwater disneyland =\

anyhoo, the only sure things are sydney and melbourne... we already booked hotel in sydney and we're stayin with the lady's family in melbourne... we are looking for a 3rd destination and i'll tell my gf about gold coast and see how much transportation will cost... if we don't find a destination, i guess we'll rent a car and stay in melbourne... we'll see tho... wish us luck =]

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:26 pm
8th ave wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

wussup pawno... me and the lady just decided that we weren't going to new zealand... i spoke to my old english teacher who visited new zealand a couple of times and he said it would be a bad idea to go if we didn't know anyone there... me and the lady really wanted to go to cairns to see the great barrier reef, but tickets are so damn expensive... dont tell me how great it is either, cuz imma be really sad that we dont get to see it... my friend saw it, and he says its like an underwater disneyland =\

anyhoo, the only sure things are sydney and melbourne... we already booked hotel in sydney and we're stayin with the lady's family in melbourne... we are looking for a 3rd destination and i'll tell my gf about gold coast and see how much transportation will cost... if we don't find a destination, i guess we'll rent a car and stay in melbourne... we'll see tho... wish us luck =]

Awesome bro!!!

I guess with the price of plane tickets which is a issue is associated with School Holidays (Cause Kids like to travel)

SYD : Break Saturday 3 July – Monday 19 July
MEL: 26 June - 12 July
GC/BRIS: Same as Above

Pretty sure your not DOWNUNDER for a month, But u usually can get cheap tickets when there's nothing going on (check out www.webjet.com) for cheap airfares.

There's a QUEENS BIRTHDAY HOLIDAY on the 6/12 -6/14 which may affect the price of airfares ... But if you somehow could get up to QLD then (Airfares would be cheaper the days before or after these dates)

If you could come up on that weekend in particular i could put you up at my Grandmas swank but 70's deco'ed apartment (no shag carpet, just old school sofas) she don't live there or nothing ... so there'd be no issues with Kenny Rogers or Dean Martin blasting on her BoomBox (with funky lighting EQ display) Also i can put you up in some Accom for Bris for a couple of days (i gotta spare bunk bed in my room ... as long as u don't mind my Sesame Street posters on my wall JOKES) ...

& if your into hiphop my favorite MC COMMON will be touring on these dates.

Friday June 11th – The Forum, Sydney
Saturday June 12th – Prince Bandroom, Melbourne
Sunday June 13th – Mystique, Brisbane
Friday June 18th – Metro City, Perth

Could hit up this concert, but yeah you should add me on facebook just so you don't think i'm some psycho internet killer offering to let you stay at my digs (Money Morrow & JOEL can verify that i'm not a weirdo)

www.facebook.com/oscarthomas
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:28 pm
PAWNO wrote:
8th ave wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

Awesome bro!!!

I guess with the price of plane tickets which is a issue is associated with School Holidays (Cause Kids like to travel)

SYD : Break Saturday 3 July – Monday 19 July
MEL: 26 June - 12 July
GC/BRIS: Same as Above

Pretty sure your not DOWNUNDER for a month, But u usually can get cheap tickets when there's nothing going on (check out www.webjet.com) for cheap airfares.

There's a QUEENS BIRTHDAY HOLIDAY on the 6/12 -6/14 which may affect the price of airfares ... But if you somehow could get up to QLD then (Airfares would be cheaper the days before or after these dates)

If you could come up on that weekend in particular i could put you up at my Grandmas swank but 70's deco'ed apartment (no shag carpet, just old school sofas) she don't live there or nothing ... so there'd be no issues with Kenny Rogers or Dean Martin blasting on her BoomBox (with funky lighting EQ display) Also i can put you up in some Accom for Bris for a couple of days (i gotta spare bunk bed in my room ... as long as u don't mind my Sesame Street posters on my wall JOKES) ...

& if your into hiphop my favorite MC COMMON will be touring on these dates.

Friday June 11th – The Forum, Sydney
Saturday June 12th – Prince Bandroom, Melbourne
Sunday June 13th – Mystique, Brisbane
Friday June 18th – Metro City, Perth

Could hit up this concert, but yeah you should add me on facebook just so you don't think i'm some psycho internet killer offering to let you stay at my digs (Money Morrow & JOEL can verify that i'm not a weirdo)

www.facebook.com/oscarthomas

Hey Pawno, sorry for replying so late, but we have all of our flights booked! I just wanna start off by giving everyone a HUGE thanks, and i want to let you guys know that i really, really, really appreciate it. Thank you Murinir for all the information on Sydney, as i took your advice and im staying near the circular quay. And thanks Pawno for all the advice, as we decided to go to Gold Coast as opposed to Cairns because that was gonna set us back 600+ compared to Gold Coast.

Also, THANKS A BUNCH for the info about Common! dude is my boy! unfortunately, I'm going to try to catch him when he's in melbourne as we are there from the 8th to the 14th. Too bad tho man, i would've loved to go to a rap concert with a fellow raider/warrior fan.

Anyhow, this is my schedule :
May 30th - April 4 = Sydney
April 4th - April 8th = Gold Coast
April 8th - April 14th = Melbourne as previously stated....

Again... THANKS A LOT fellas!!!

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:50 pm
That's awesome your coming to Queensland bro. I'm going to try n juggle some time around so i can show u a few things on that weekend. Hey just cause it's a different weekend to the queens birthday long weekend. I can still probably put u up for a few nights if u like. . . But if u need to investigate any accommodation matters check out wotif.Com n they got some cheap accommodations options. But i'd hold off on that cause i'll check with my boss about getting a day off or two n the hotels usually get super cheap on the lead up before hand.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:08 pm
Holy effin crap... landed in Sydney at around 7 in the morning. I'm staying at the travel lodge near the circular quay, but they told us that we weren't gonna be able to check-in until 2 pm. I asked em if there were any diners and the reception girl told me there were "heaps" of them on oxford st. So we got on oxford st. and OMFG. Crackheads everywhere!!! It looked like people were still partying fromt he night before. Guys are wearing girl clothing. More gays that i thought there would be (not that i have anything against them).

I'm from Oakland and I still have culture shock. I thought there would be more diversity, but all I see is white people that are cracked out and beligerent. running out of time at a internet cafe, so have to update you guys later. peace!

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:28 pm
I love that your first impression of Australia looks an awful lot like Pawno's sig... lol...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:52 pm
8th ave wrote:Holy effin crap... landed in Sydney at around 7 in the morning. I'm staying at the travel lodge near the circular quay, but they told us that we weren't gonna be able to check-in until 2 pm. I asked em if there were any diners and the reception girl told me there were "heaps" of them on oxford st. So we got on oxford st. and OMFG. Crackheads everywhere!!! It looked like people were still partying fromt he night before. Guys are wearing girl clothing. More gays that i thought there would be (not that i have anything against them).

I'm from Oakland and I still have culture shock. I thought there would be more diversity, but all I see is white people that are cracked out and beligerent. running out of time at a internet cafe, so have to update you guys later. peace!

Oh ****, someone should of warned you about Oxford St!!!
:D :D :D

I don't know if any of you all have heard of a turntable band called the "BEAT JUNKIES" well they were touring downunder & i couldn't miss the opportunity to go see the World famous "J-ROCC & BABU" so i got Dad to book me a airfare to go down that weekend.

But as the weekend approached & all my family knew of my weekend away in Sydney... It just happen so to fall on the ANNUAL MARDI GRAS weekend, which is the street parade up Oxford St, filled with none other then well "GAYS in LEATHER & TRANSVESTITES IN FEATHER"

So yeah anyways, it didn't help that my dad knew i was a virgin, But now the family had suspiscions i was a HOMO ... Let me just say "I don't have a problem leaving my HUSTLER & PENTHOUSE Mags around in non-discrete places now"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:54 pm
Feel free to post all the good Aussie Slang you pick up 8th Ave.

You should hear the term "Heaps" Heaps!! (Not really a word that is purely exclusive to OZ, but we like ta use it a fair bit)
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:25 pm
8th ave wrote:Holy effin crap... landed in Sydney at around 7 in the morning. I'm staying at the travel lodge near the circular quay, but they told us that we weren't gonna be able to check-in until 2 pm. I asked em if there were any diners and the reception girl told me there were "heaps" of them on oxford st. So we got on oxford st. and OMFG. Crackheads everywhere!!! It looked like people were still partying fromt he night before. Guys are wearing girl clothing. More gays that i thought there would be (not that i have anything against them).

hahah thats Oxford street dude. Gay and Chemical Mecca
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:08 pm
Quazza wrote:hahah thats Oxford street dude. Gay and Chemical Mecca

If Oxford St is the Chemical Mecca then Adelaide's gotta be the Grass Capital!!! 8)
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:53 am
PAWNO wrote:
Quazza wrote:hahah thats Oxford street dude. Gay and Chemical Mecca

If Oxford St is the Chemical Mecca then Adelaide's gotta be the Grass Capital!!! 8)

Grass and meth:P
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:05 am
PAWNO wrote:I don't know if any of you all have heard of a turntable band called the "BEAT JUNKIES" well they were touring downunder & i couldn't miss the opportunity to go see the World famous "J-ROCC & BABU" so i got Dad to book me a airfare to go down that weekend.

But as the weekend approached & all my family knew of my weekend away in Sydney... It just happen so to fall on the ANNUAL MARDI GRAS weekend, which is the street parade up Oxford St, filled with none other then well "GAYS in LEATHER & TRANSVESTITES IN FEATHER"

So yeah anyways, it didn't help that my dad knew i was a virgin, But now the family had suspiscions i was a HOMO ... Let me just say "I don't have a problem leaving my HUSTLER & PENTHOUSE Mags around in non-discrete places now"

Haha...

What makes me think... is your family aware of your sig, mate? :mrgreen:

btw, I'll take 8th ave's stories as a guide for my upcoming trip to Oz (and when I say upcoming, it means in two years time, not sooner... but that's still upcoming).

Don't be afraid to post what you really think, 8th Ave. Some of us will be eagerly awaiting for those "details".

(NOTE TO MYSELF: AVOID OXFORD STREET AT ALL COSTS) ::lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum