Seattle Seahawks Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:28 pm
Ken Norton Jr on the LB's

What’d you see from Aaron Curry during the two minicamps?

I thought Aaron Curry was very good in all different parts of his game. He’s been very focused and he’s improving a lot. From minicamp No. 1 to minicamp No. 2, he grew so much. He’s a fast player who’s understanding how to play fast. He’s extremely powerful and he’s understanding how to use his power. He’s a weapon and he’s understanding how to be a weapon. The more he plays and the more he realizes all the tools that he has, he’s going to be really special.

What kinds of things are you noticing from Lofa Tatupu?

Lofa has been very special. There’s no question he’s the leader of the defense and a leader on this team. And there’s no question of his football IQ — he’s extremely instinctive and very competitive and he always rises up to this high standard he’s set for himself. He will never go below it for anything. He’s not very happy about that he’s been injured the last couple of years, and he’s out to prove his durability and that he’s the same player as he was before his injuries.

There seems to be a corps of strong back-ups at the linebacker position. Which guys stand out to you the most?

Will Herring is extremely good. He could start on any other team in the NFL, it just so happens that he’s on a very competitive squad. He’s very versatile, which makes his value very high because he can play all three linebacking positions, on third downs and on special teams. Anthony Heygood is young, fast, very athletic and who’s emulating everything that Curry does. Sometimes when you see Heygood play, you think it’s Curry. They’re very similar — they’re very fast, very powerful and very athletic. He’s going to surprise a lot of people. He’s going to step in and play a lot of football this year and be a force on our special teams. David Hawthorne stepped in last year when Lofa was hurt. He’s extremely explosive, a big-play guy and a very good tackler. He’s the type of guy that you can’t hold back. You need him on the field. I don’t even consider him a backup. He’s a starter until someone unseats him
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:19 pm
J.P. Losman?. Seriously?


Oh, well... at least it's a cheap deal... :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:02 am
Being a Seahawk does come with some derangements attached... :mrgreen:


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx99LST6jEY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:14 am
TMC wrote:J.P. Losman?. Seriously?


Oh, well... at least it's a cheap deal... :wink:


As a 3rd string QB though..... nothing to lose and probably is the best 3rd stringer in the league, and we ALL know how important THAT is. LOL
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:16 am
TMC wrote:Being a Seahawk does come with some derangements attached... :mrgreen:


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx99LST6jEY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]


LOVE this kid. I am still in bewilderment that he was there late in the 2nd round.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:21 pm
WOW, Seahawks have released Lendale White. Very suprising!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... out-of-job

Wonder what it was. The quote from the GM is interesting..

"It became apparent at this time that LenDale was not ready to be a member of the Seattle Seahawks. It just did not appear to be the right fit at this point in our program. We wish LenDale all the best with his future."
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:29 pm
bada wrote:WOW, Seahawks have released Lendale White. Very suprising!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... out-of-job

Wonder what it was. The quote from the GM is interesting..

"It became apparent at this time that LenDale was not ready to be a member of the Seattle Seahawks. It just did not appear to be the right fit at this point in our program. We wish LenDale all the best with his future."


:shock:


Wow. That's weird, considering he reported to camp in shape (at least, compared to other years), so that only leaves one reason to "not be ready to be a member of the Seattle Seahawks": attitude.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:49 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:WOW, Seahawks have released Lendale White. Very suprising!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... out-of-job

Wonder what it was. The quote from the GM is interesting..

"It became apparent at this time that LenDale was not ready to be a member of the Seattle Seahawks. It just did not appear to be the right fit at this point in our program. We wish LenDale all the best with his future."


:shock:


Wow. That's weird, considering he reported to camp in shape (at least, compared to other years), so that only leaves one reason to "not be ready to be a member of the Seattle Seahawks": attitude.



A friend linked me some of his Tweets and while I have a hard time desiphering them, it does not appear he has been in town for all the OTA's.

The Hawks have had 100% attendance with all OTA's and workout sessions. EVERYONE is completely buying into what Carroll is selling there. Perhaps they fear what one dissenter can do over time.

Will be interested in getting more details on this.

From the videos I have seen, he DID appear to be in great shape. Apparently he was 218lbs down from 260.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:26 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:WOW, Seahawks have released Lendale White. Very suprising!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... out-of-job

Wonder what it was. The quote from the GM is interesting..

"It became apparent at this time that LenDale was not ready to be a member of the Seattle Seahawks. It just did not appear to be the right fit at this point in our program. We wish LenDale all the best with his future."


:shock:


Wow. That's weird, considering he reported to camp in shape (at least, compared to other years), so that only leaves one reason to "not be ready to be a member of the Seattle Seahawks": attitude.



A friend linked me some of his Tweets and while I have a hard time desiphering them, it does not appear he has been in town for all the OTA's.

The Hawks have had 100% attendance with all OTA's and workout sessions. EVERYONE is completely buying into what Carroll is selling there. Perhaps they fear what one dissenter can do over time.

Will be interested in getting more details on this.

From the videos I have seen, he DID appear to be in great shape. Apparently he was 218lbs down from 260.


Well, then he's an idiot. A guy with a checkered past that's trying to revive his career has to put attitude above anything else. Doesn't look like White was ready to do that at all...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:55 pm
Maybe White thought he could take it easy cause he's playing for his old coach again? Who knows. Pete's sending a message though. Noone's safe.


Regardless, Forsett should be the starter.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:57 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Regardless, Forsett should be the starter.


+1
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:01 pm
Well, we might have our answer here.

Per Adam Sheffter:

Lendale White is facing a 4-game suspension from NFL for violating league's substance-abuse policy, according to sources.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:05 pm
then again, it seems it was him just not being a professional.

This taken from NFL.com

Seahawks cut White, who's likely facing four-game drug suspension
NFL.com Wire Reports


LenDale White likely will face a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's drug policy, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora on Friday, although that wasn't the main reason the Seattle Seahawks surprisingly released the running back earlier in the day.

Seahawks officials wouldn't confirm or comment on the matter, but league sources said White has been going through the process of facing the suspension.


Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
League sources indicated that the Seahawks were aware of the probable suspension when they acquired White from the Tennessee Titans last month in a draft-weekend trade. White's failure to curb his tendency for being difficult to coach -- not showing up on time, not fully buying in, not endearing himself to the team, having a sense of entitlement -- was more at the core of why he was released, according to sources.

Should White, a four-year NFL veteran, sign with another team, his likely suspension still would be in play.

White's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, didn't immediately return phone and e-mail messages left by The Associated Press. He was on the phone late Friday afternoon with his client sorting out a confusing sequence in which the Seahawks put on their Web site an announcement that White had been released, only to take it down soon afterward.

Hours later, Seahawks general manager John Schneider made it official in a statement released by the team.

"It became apparent at this time that LenDale was not ready to be a member of the Seattle Seahawks," Schneider said. "It just did not appear to be the right fit at this point in our program. We wish LenDale all the best with his future."

White responded on Twitter about one hour later: "God is good. All the time!!"

White had similar issues with the Titans, and the Seahawks let him go despite his ties to Pete Carroll, who coached the running back at USC. That led many to assume that White would work out in Seattle, but he departed after spending just one month in the organization.

Carroll said Monday that the team would see how everything fit together.

"He's got a long ways to go to get back in here with this club, but we're going to certainly wait it out and see how it does," the coach said.


That wait lasted just four days for the Seahawks, who still have Julius Jones, Justin Forsett and Leon Washington at running back.

White also has struggled with weight issues, but he entered Seahawks workouts at 219 pounds and said this week that he planned to play at 228. He participated in just one minicamp and a handful of organized team activities in Seattle before being released.

Earlier this week, White thanked Carroll for rescuing him from his dead end in Tennessee.

"Going from 'SC, back-to-back national championships to not playing at all, it's a life-changing thing," White said Monday. "But I'm still here. Pete gave me another chance. I don't think I've been this healthy since I was 18 years old."
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:19 pm
Ehh, he's welcome on my Saints. Him being back with Reg might light that fire under his ass again. He'll be third string anyways... Whats to lose
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:46 pm
How bout Gerald Wallace? Ofc he'd have to maintain his college rebounding average, but he has the exact same body type/athleticism Wallace does. Both are solid 3 pt shooters... Johnson might be more offensively diverse while Wallace is better defensively.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron