Some Prospective Monta Trades:

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:11 pm
bada wrote:
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:It is not my problem if people feel personally attacked if I think their suggestion is idiotic. This is a discussion board and by nature people are going to disagree.

I can think your opinion is stupid, but that does not mean I think YOU are stupid. They are two different things and if people cant separate that or have thin skin, I can't help that.

That's idiotic.

Not sure how we continue a discussion board if we are not allowed to STRONGLY disagree with someones opinion. If in my opinion something is absurd, then I will say that. Again, has no bearing on the way I personally feel about someone as most of you I have never met and know nothing about what kind of people you are.

People need to get thicker skins... I mean if you put an opinion for the "public" to see, then you have to expect some people are going to have strong reactions.

migya is a GREAT example. I mean I have really gone after his opinion... probably too harshly and perhaps I have crossed the line with him from time to time... but he never resorts to peronal attacks and instead just tires to clarify and explain his position. I give migya a lot of respect.

That's great!
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:11 pm
Bada don't second guess yourself for a second. Continue your path down the road of "not giving a f*k" ... you'll be happier in the end. Don't take noones bullsh*t on this site. I at least respect the opinions of those who actually think out ideas, but it seems like half the comments on this forum are being improvised as they are typed. We need a new wave of muhfudgas on this snitch.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:03 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
bada wrote:It is not my problem if people feel personally attacked if I think their suggestion is idiotic. This is a discussion board and by nature people are going to disagree.

I can think your opinion is stupid, but that does not mean I think YOU are stupid. They are two different things and if people cant separate that or have thin skin, I can't help that.

:mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:55 am
bada wrote:
Chum wrote:

That's idiotic.

Not sure how we continue a discussion board if we are not allowed to STRONGLY disagree with someones opinion. If in my opinion something is absurd, then I will say that. Again, has no bearing on the way I personally feel about someone as most of you I have never met and know nothing about what kind of people you are.

People need to get thicker skins... I mean if you put an opinion for the "public" to see, then you have to expect some people are going to have strong reactions.

migya is a GREAT example. I mean I have really gone after his opinion... probably too harshly and perhaps I have crossed the line with him from time to time... but he never resorts to peronal attacks and instead just tires to clarify and explain his position. I give migya a lot of respect.

Fuk off bada

:mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:12 am
with all this talk about making a trade to Minnesota, how would you guys feel about trading Monta straight up for their pick (4th overall). I dont know if they would do that, but they certainly CAN as they will be far enough under the cap to absorb Monta's salary.

That would give us 4th and 6th. We could then go Wes Johnson at 4 then Cousins/Monroe at 6.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:28 am
bada wrote:with all this talk about making a trade to Minnesota, how would you guys feel about trading Monta straight up for their pick (4th overall). I dont know if they would do that, but they certainly CAN as they will be far enough under the cap to absorb Monta's salary.

That would give us 4th and 6th. We could then go Wes Johnson at 4 then Cousins/Monroe at 6.

I'd be ecstatic.

I'd hate to be a Timberwolves fan, tho... :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:37 am
bada wrote:with all this talk about making a trade to Minnesota, how would you guys feel about trading Monta straight up for their pick (4th overall). I dont know if they would do that, but they certainly CAN as they will be far enough under the cap to absorb Monta's salary.

If the Wolves would do it, that would be a great deal for the Dubs. It would free up some cap space immediately as well as adding another dynamic young player to the mix.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:53 pm
Beautiful trade there, Bada. Xept....idk...Monta is sort of proven good, while two draft picks...aren't

Check this one out: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=3869wl9
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:58 pm
Lol trade machine is dumb:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:23 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:Beautiful trade there, Bada. Xept....idk...Monta is sort of proven good, while two draft picks...aren't

I agree. I think Monta would be seen as a huge asset on any team that mostly plays a half court game, and he showed he can play some sick D when he wants to. Even if it would benefit the Warriors in the long run, it seems wrong to give up Monta for just draft picks. I'd still probably do it, I'd just try to get more first :)

I keep thinking it would be sick to see Monta on the Celtics. Their style and a Rondo/Monta backcourt.... :)

Too bad they don't have a high draft pick.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:49 pm
Chum wrote:
LilBallerx8 wrote:Beautiful trade there, Bada. Xept....idk...Monta is sort of proven good, while two draft picks...aren't

I agree. I think Monta would be seen as a huge asset on any team that mostly plays a half court game, and he showed he can play some sick D when he wants to. Even if it would benefit the Warriors in the long run, it seems wrong to give up Monta for just draft picks. I'd still probably do it, I'd just try to get more first :)

I keep thinking it would be sick to see Monta on the Celtics. Their style and a Rondo/Monta backcourt.... :)

Too bad they don't have a high draft pick.

Monta and Turiaf for Davis and Wallace =D
jk of course
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:26 am
"Always" Next wrote:

If the Wolves would do it, that would be a great deal for the Dubs. It would free up some cap space immediately as well as adding another dynamic young player to the mix.

As Chum said, I'd try to get more for him, but just getting the #4 pick would be alright because of the decrease in salary

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:31 am
Sounds like it'll be good ... don't want it to end up like another Brandan Wright situation though. Would like to see us get Cousins at 4 and BPA at 6... if it's Monroe then we just got 2 big men for the future. I'd be pleased.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:35 am
yeah, just trying to go over all the scenarios with Minnesota as they NEED a guy like Monta. He is the perfect fit and obviously they have things we want.

Trying to think of any way we can address our frontcourt needs WITHOUT it being for Al Jefferson. I just dont want that guy on our team. He is a back to the basket scorer who rebounds just OK, plays no defense and is SLOW SLOW SLOW and is a terrible fit for our high paced offense. He would kill our flow and could not keep up.

That does not even go into his contract and injury situation. And I dont think we can get Love....so that led me to this possibility. Them being substantially under the cap gives us more options.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:49 am
bada wrote:yeah, just trying to go over all the scenarios with Minnesota as they NEED a guy like Monta. He is the perfect fit and obviously they have things we want.

Trying to think of any way we can address our frontcourt needs WITHOUT it being for Al Jefferson. I just dont want that guy on our team. He is a back to the basket scorer who rebounds just OK, plays no defense and is SLOW SLOW SLOW and is a terrible fit for our high paced offense. He would kill our flow and could not keep up.

That does not even go into his contract and injury situation. And I dont think we can get Love....so that led me to this possibility. Them being substantially under the cap gives us more options.

Yep. The only two "things" I'd want from Minny now are their #4 pick or Love.

Problem is... I don't think Monta's valuable enough to make that kind of trade.

For that trade to happen, we gotta be more creative. I think they'd trade their #4 and #16 for Monta and our #6... and I'd still do that trade.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades