Forget AlJeff, Love, Gasol, and Bosh

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:22 am
rockyBeli wrote:hey how about this one..

Biedrins & Maggette for Yao

Ellis for Iggy

throw in the #6 if need be



Don't want yao, that's not the direction the team needs.

I'd take Iguodala and be happy with that. Iguodala at SG here would be real good, as he can distribute, score, defend and could be a great fit next to Curry and AR
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:30 am
Beast Mode wrote:No to the Yao one. Unless his contract expires [idk] but otherwise not paying someone to be injured...

and

If we're giving both Ellis AND the 6th pick, I'd rather it be for the #2 pick than Iguodala. That's a little much... We need interior help. Badly... unless we could somehow get Dalembert too cuz he expires after next season... dont know all the #'s though so....


Agreed on the Yao thing Beast. If he is an expirer, I think he has some kind of option after this season, but dont know if its a team or player option. If we could move both long contracts for an expirer that could possibly help out, I would be all for that. You gotta believe if we get an owner like Ellison, having cap space moving forward will actually mean something!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:47 am
"Always" Next wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:No to the Yao one. Unless his contract expires [idk] but otherwise not paying someone to be injured...

and

If we're giving both Ellis AND the 6th pick, I'd rather it be for the #2 pick than Iguodala. That's a little much... We need interior help. Badly... unless we could somehow get Dalembert too cuz he expires after next season... dont know all the #'s though so....


Agreed on the Yao thing Beast. If he is an expirer, I think he has some kind of option after this season, but dont know if its a team or player option. If we could move both long contracts for an expirer that could possibly help out, I would be all for that. You gotta believe if we get an owner like Ellison, having cap space moving forward will actually mean something!


Well, there is always Eddie Curry. He expires after this coming season and his salary matches Monta's. :mrgreen:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:56 am
bada wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:No to the Yao one. Unless his contract expires [idk] but otherwise not paying someone to be injured...

and

If we're giving both Ellis AND the 6th pick, I'd rather it be for the #2 pick than Iguodala. That's a little much... We need interior help. Badly... unless we could somehow get Dalembert too cuz he expires after next season... dont know all the #'s though so....


Agreed on the Yao thing Beast. If he is an expirer, I think he has some kind of option after this season, but dont know if its a team or player option. If we could move both long contracts for an expirer that could possibly help out, I would be all for that. You gotta believe if we get an owner like Ellison, having cap space moving forward will actually mean something!


Well, there is always Eddie Curry. He expires after this coming season and his salary matches Monta's. :mrgreen:


Eddie Curry, another fearful possibility for Cousins! This guy if he would decide to play would be a great pickup for Monta. He would give the dubs beef in the front court and a valuable expirer at the deadline or after the season. Unfortunately, I dont think Curry will ever be the player he could have become.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:51 am
Unless we're getting salary cap relief/interior talent, I don't want to make some desparation trades for a SG. We have plenty that can do the job (mainly Reggie the mtherfkn man who does everything Williams). Iguodala would be a nice addition, yes, but he's not adding any wins to our team (unless every other post player we have suddenly develops and stays healthy)

All Star
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: SF
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:11 am
migya wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:hey how about this one..

Biedrins & Maggette for Yao

Ellis for Iggy

throw in the #6 if need be



Don't want yao, that's not the direction the team needs.

I'd take Iguodala and be happy with that. Iguodala at SG here would be real good, as he can distribute, score, defend and could be a great fit next to Curry and AR


I have a feeling Iggy is someone the team is taking a close look at. Riley has mentioned athleticism at SF is a team need, and Iggy would provide that.

I don't think Philly has any need for Ellis though, with Lou Williams already on their roster.

Depending on how the draft plays out, I can the team using the 6 pick and Vlad's contract to go after Iggy.




Save Monta for the inevitable Jefferson trade :mrgreen:

And Maggette for an expirer :mrgreen:

And maybe Beans to Oklahoma. :mrgreen:

Alright that's it.

(edit: I realize this is a big man trade thread, but in Warriors land, Iggy is legit 4/5 banger)
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Moderator
Posts: 5313
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 am
I would NOT want iguadala. He is overrated. Cannot be a leader (like monta). he is at best a #2 for a team, #3 for good teams.

Mediocre (at best) defense... sometimes he gambles too much on man-defense, turnover prone, below average 3point/ FT shooter for his position.

I don't want this for this team. This would make us go backwards. We got enough of these in our team.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:58 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I would NOT want iguadala. He is overrated. Cannot be a leader (like monta). he is at best a #2 for a team, #3 for good teams.

Mediocre (at best) defense... sometimes he gambles too much on man-defense, turnover prone, below average 3point/ FT shooter for his position.

I don't want this for this team. This would make us go backwards. We got enough of these in our team.



I can see what you're saying and it looks right. If Monta goes the team would likely be a little weak at SG though, even with solid players like Azu and Morrow there. That position is far easier to fill well than a big man
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Moderator
Posts: 5313
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:19 am
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I would NOT want iguadala. He is overrated. Cannot be a leader (like monta). he is at best a #2 for a team, #3 for good teams.

Mediocre (at best) defense... sometimes he gambles too much on man-defense, turnover prone, below average 3point/ FT shooter for his position.

I don't want this for this team. This would make us go backwards. We got enough of these in our team.



I can see what you're saying and it looks right. If Monta goes the team would likely be a little weak at SG though, even with solid players like Azu and Morrow there. That position is far easier to fill well than a big man


right, this teams priority needs to be a big man (via draft or trade or whatever) if they want to be legit. I don't care what are backcourt looks like, they will continue to suck until they get another one. If we have to trade monta for it, we can afford it, we can always replace him with someone in the draft.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:22 am
in some reading I have done, it seems like a majority of Phily fans can't ship off Iggy quick enough. I know he is grossly overpaid but have not watched him play all that closely this past season. But certainly that feeling gives you pause.

For me, I want the new ownership to have as much financial flexibility as possible so I dont want to add any long term high dollar contracts, UNLESS it is for a legitimate big man.

I would like the new GM and Coach to have the flexiblity to add players they think will work with their vision, not be handicapped to force our current roster to work into their system.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 693
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:55 am
Mr. Crackerz said:
I would NOT want iguadala. He is overrated. Cannot be a leader (like monta). he is at best a #2 for a team, #3 for good teams.

I agree, he'll never be the leader Monta is. :mrgreen:

I also agree that SG or SF are not the most immediate needs we have. Even if we trade Monta.
We've got a backlog of talent at both the 2 and 3 that we can spend a half a season figuring out, if we can't make a trade that unloads several prospects.
War Years

All Star
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:20 pm
War Years wrote:Mr. Crackerz said:
I would NOT want iguadala. He is overrated. Cannot be a leader (like monta). he is at best a #2 for a team, #3 for good teams.

I agree, he'll never be the leader Monta is. :mrgreen:

I also agree that SG or SF are not the most immediate needs we have. Even if we trade Monta.
We've got a backlog of talent at both the 2 and 3 that we can spend a half a season figuring out, if we can't make a trade that unloads several prospects.


Talent at the SG/SF, i beg to differ, more like below average.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 693
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:53 pm
War Years said:
also agree that SG or SF are not the most immediate needs we have. Even if we trade Monta.
We've got a backlog of talent at both the 2 and 3 that we can spend a half a season figuring out, if we can't make a trade that unloads several prospects.


Warriorstepup said:
Talent at the SG/SF, i beg to differ, more like below average


If you noticed, I didn't make a judgement about whether that talent is above, or below average, only that we could evaluate it.

You could very well be right. So since you've already made that judgment, what do you propose to do? I'd probably favor Monta for Iguodala because he's bigger and is a much more consistent defender and well rounded player in general. I'd probably disagree with Bada, because I don't think the extra 1.3 million we'd pay next year would break the bank. But I don't see Philly doing it unless they would just want to save some money. And his contract isn't that good and I'm not that enthused with him that I feel like we should throw in more players with Monta.

With this team ownership transition, it is probably likely not much will be done in the off season. What I was saying is, If that is the case, then we can always give minutes to Az, Williams and Morrow at the 2 and 3 and evaluate if they're potential starters, it could well be as you say, that they won't be. I would do the same evaluation with Randolph and Wright at the PF position. In both cases we decide who we want to keep as a a potential backup , or a starter or who we want to get rid of.

Even if we are going to just stand pat during this transitional phase, it won't stop me from speculating about good trades, because we are not drafting high now and I see trades as the best shortcut we can employ to better our team and make the playoffs again.
War Years
Previous

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests