Some Prospective Monta Trades:

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:26 am
bada wrote:The reason Iggy has come up is the presumption that they draft Turner making Iggy expendable.

With Holiday and Iggy, a wing player is not a big need for them. I think ultimately they stay where they are and draft turner and try to move Iggy.

Yes, I agree, they will NOT move the pick without moving Brand. But they WANT a frontcourt player back. They pass on Turner but get rid of brand replacing him with a frontcourt player AND they still have a good backcourt.

If Cousins is available at #6, the 76ers would bite on that and make a trade of Brand and #2 for something like Monta, #6 and salary filler, hopefully Maggette. There are other bigs in this draft, one mentioned was Monroe, so the sixers would have options with bigs at #6 anyway

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:05 am
bada wrote:I really think the window of opportunity lies with Minnesota. I think Monta has more value to that team than any other. Brewer improved quite a bit this season but he has no ability to create his own shot... they need a shot creator at the wing SO BADLY. Monta is the perfect fit there.

They already have two PF's they can't find a way to fit together and they are in a position to draft any big man they want (other than Favors most likely). So their needs and strength's match perfectly with what are needs and strengths are.

Whether that is love, jefferson or their draft pick, I think Minny provides us the best option at addressing our frontcourt.

Based on my other thread, you know my dream is Horford, but I dont think we have the assets to get him... Minnesota is a much more likely trade partner in my opinion.

Think you are right there Bada with Minnesota being the best trading partner right now. With Love not being happy and being put on the bench for the last few weeks of the season, they are unstable and ready to be pounced on. Monta would be a good fit there and so a trade for Love or AJeff is very possible and wouldn't cost much, actually we could get more value back, since we have AR and AB and they need a SG desperately.

Think AB has to go in another trade for sure or either he'd be on the bench or AR would, likely AR ofcourse and that'd be wrong, yet again with him.

Thing is that Love isn't on high salary so if it was him we got for Monta, they'd have to give their high contracts, like Sessions and Gomes and even then both teams would have to swap picks likely. If it was for AJeff, then we'd have to give a little more salary, so it is definately a different situation and one of the reasons why I'd probably want Love more, as he is still on his rookie contract. Two overpaid reserves though in Sessions and Gomes

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:07 am
War Years wrote:Minnesota is now even more likely our ideal trading partner. Is Minnesota drafting to need ( Johnson ) really desirable to BPA? ( Favors, Cousins ) and if only Cousins remains at #4, is his reputation as a headcase enough to make them turn to Johnson?
At last count they had 5 draft picks and will be well below cap. They would probably prefer dealing Jefferson but are in no financial pressure whatsoever to trade him. Jefferson is on good terms with management but Love is not happy with the bad year the T-Wolves have had, his performance tailed off in the 6 weeks of the season, and is not meshing with Jefferson, as has been pointed out.
I think highly enough of the long term prospects of Love as a future all NBA rebounder, actually a good passer, ( not the black hole that Jefferson is, he actually passes out! ) I'd be willing to trade Monta and our #6 pick for him. With Minnesota expecting Rubio and already having Flynn and several draft picks. I think the Minnesota would be happy to throw in Sessions who would be a good pass first PG back up to Curry.

At a certain point, we have too many projects without taking on a 6th pick. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that we have prospects who have lessened their tradability by season ending injuries. (Az and Wright) as well as Randolph who I'm not in favor of trading at this point unless we could get major value.
We've been in a major holding pattern for the last year and a half. We might get lucky and have one of the projected top 5 picks fall in our lap, but if that doesn't happen. I don't think the #6 pick is worth much to us.

Thing about Love is that though he is a very good rebounder and pretty good passer, he really isn't that great at anything else, especially shotblocking and I'd really want a Center that can do that decently. Maybe Love could do that, but so far he has been average

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:36 am
migya wrote:
bada wrote:
migya wrote:Better version of Monta? That's a big statement for a guy that hasn't even played an nba game yet and Monta's just had a big season, bad team or not.

I can guarantee you that if you took a poll of every single GM in the NBA and asked them if they would rather have Monta or Evan Turner, every single one will say Turner.

He is a better distributer, better rebounder, better passer, better defender, and MUCH bigger. Monta is definately a better shooter at this stage.

Monta is more highly valued than that, just has to be. He had a great season and scores pretty insanely. Turner has promise, but has done nothing, same as every draft pick that hasn't played a pro game, basically all of them. Monta is one of the best SGs this season, he has value that must be used now

Again, there is not one GM in the NBA that would take Monta over Turner right this second.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:43 am
migya wrote:
War Years wrote:Minnesota is now even more likely our ideal trading partner. Is Minnesota drafting to need ( Johnson ) really desirable to BPA? ( Favors, Cousins ) and if only Cousins remains at #4, is his reputation as a headcase enough to make them turn to Johnson?
At last count they had 5 draft picks and will be well below cap. They would probably prefer dealing Jefferson but are in no financial pressure whatsoever to trade him. Jefferson is on good terms with management but Love is not happy with the bad year the T-Wolves have had, his performance tailed off in the 6 weeks of the season, and is not meshing with Jefferson, as has been pointed out.
I think highly enough of the long term prospects of Love as a future all NBA rebounder, actually a good passer, ( not the black hole that Jefferson is, he actually passes out! ) I'd be willing to trade Monta and our #6 pick for him. With Minnesota expecting Rubio and already having Flynn and several draft picks. I think the Minnesota would be happy to throw in Sessions who would be a good pass first PG back up to Curry.

At a certain point, we have too many projects without taking on a 6th pick. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that we have prospects who have lessened their tradability by season ending injuries. (Az and Wright) as well as Randolph who I'm not in favor of trading at this point unless we could get major value.
We've been in a major holding pattern for the last year and a half. We might get lucky and have one of the projected top 5 picks fall in our lap, but if that doesn't happen. I don't think the #6 pick is worth much to us.

Thing about Love is that though he is a very good rebounder and pretty good passer, he really isn't that great at anything else, especially shotblocking and I'd really want a Center that can do that decently. Maybe Love could do that, but so far he has been average

He's not a great defender but he's only played 2 years and is improving. Jefferson's game has topped out, and he's a lousy defender and makes no one around him any better. Love's a better rebounder, is quicker and fits in more with our style of play. They're both not great shotblockers. We already got 3 good shotblockers. How many more do we need?

Better version of Monta? That's a big statement for a guy that hasn't even played an nba game yet and Monta's just had a big season, bad team or not.

And one factor that no ones mentioned is that Turner is about a third of the cost of Monta.
Monta's like Amare, who you alluded to in an other thread. Both will never be the number #1 man in a championship team. The problem is they are both one dimensional players. Amare has one thing going for him, he's a highly efficient scorer. As you can see, Amare is putty in the hands of Gasol, Bynum, or any top big man, Yao, Dwight, even KG. Monta used to be an efficient scorer, but wasn't this season. And there's no premium on an undersized SG.
War Years
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:36 am
migya wrote:

What gets me is you guys want Love, so do I btw he's excellent, but you wouldn't want to draft Aldrich who by all accounts should be a better center than Love. AND we don't need to trade Monta to get him. We can then use Monta to get another big.

The only thing Love has on Aldrich is 3 point shooting. I'd rather have a true shot blocker in the paint than a 3 point shooter.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:13 am
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:

What gets me is you guys want Love, so do I btw he's excellent, but you wouldn't want to draft Aldrich who by all accounts should be a better center than Love. AND we don't need to trade Monta to get him. We can then use Monta to get another big.

The only thing Love has on Aldrich is 3 point shooting. I'd rather have a true shot blocker in the paint than a 3 point shooter.

my thoughts exactly
~LilBallerx~

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:19 am
Chum wrote:The only thing Love has on Aldrich is 3 point shooting.

OK, that is my queue to take a break from this forum for a bit before my head implodes.

Chum, you new man crush for Aldrich has spiraled out of control.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:22 am
bada wrote:

OK, that is my queue to take a break from this forum for a bit before my head implodes.

It's because of lack of tequila. I tell you, that can't be good for any brain... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:57 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:

It's because of lack of tequila. I tell you, that can't be good for any brain... :mrgreen:

:)

I think you are underestimating Aldrich bada. He's going to go top 10 for sure, and nearly every mock draft I've seen has him going from 5 to 7. There's a reason for that. It's not because this draft is weak and it's not because there is a lack of big men in the draft.

I've looked at his stats and the stats of the every PF and C he went up against this last season. I didn't look at his previous year. In some of the games you mentioned some of the PFs and Cs put up decent numbers, but they ended up with a loss. There is no center in the NBA or NCAA that can shut down every big every night. It just doesn't happen.

Read what the scouts say about Aldrich, look at what his team did defensively, look what people say about his rebounding and shot blocking, look at his wingspan (you did), look at whatever clips you can. He's a very very good defensive center.

If you don't like him, np. My opinion is that he will be an excellent NBA defender, rebounder and shot-blocker. It's not based on a whim or a fantasy or anything like that. It's based on what info I could find over the last week or so. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm certainly not alone in thinking this guy is going to be a stud NBA player.

I don't think he's the only guy worthy to draft by any means. There are several excellent looking prospects to be had beyond the "five" imo. Aldrich just looks like the best fit for the Warriors to me.

I'm also ok with trading the pick. If we can get a guy like Horford but we have to use the pick, so be it.

Personally I wouldn't mind this combo...

PG - Curry
SG - Williams
SF - AR
PF - Horford
C - Aldrich
coach: Thibodeau

To me that's the kind of team that could get into the playoffs and go far. We'd get big, mean and defensively minded, AND we'd still have superstud Curry running the floor.

Don't pop a blood vessel on me bada. Let's just agree to disagree. Have some more tequila :)

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:29 pm
Chum wrote:The only thing Love has on Aldrich is 3 point shooting. I'd rather have a true shot blocker in the paint than a 3 point shooter.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:42 pm
Am a big fan of K-Love, would be a great fit here, but he lacks on the athletic side of the ball, and the defensive side, Monta and the 6th pick is way too much.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:22 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
Chum wrote:The only thing Love has on Aldrich is 3 point shooting. I'd rather have a true shot blocker in the paint than a 3 point shooter.

You know what I love about you Beast, your inciteful opinions and level headedness. Oh your attraction to using homosexual references is amusing as well.

I'm a Kevin Love fan. It would be great if we traded for him, but he hasn't shown himself to be anything but an ordinary low post defender. He's an excellent rebounder, but not a very good shot blocker.

We can debate over whether or not Cole Aldrich is going to be a good NBA defender or not. He definetly has shown more as a defender in college than Love did. He's also shown himself to be a much, much better shot blocker, and he played in a tougher conference than Love. I'm a Pac-10 guy and I can tell you the Pac-10 has been weak in basketball for several years now.

btw Love averaged 14 points this year. According to bada we shouldn't waste a high draft pick on a one dimensional player (referring to Aldrich) but I don't think you can get a whole lot more one dimensional than Love. He's a rebounder. Done. His 3 point shooting is decent but he doesn't take a whole lot of shots.

I don't want to speak for bada but his argument seems to be that Aldrich isn't really a good defender, or at least won't be, at the NBA level. Fair enough. That's going to be a wait and see thing. Some team won't wait and see however. Aldrich will get drafted high.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Love is just a rebounder? U gotta be kidding me. Can score, rebound and is a fantastic passing big man.
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:48 pm
Quazza wrote:Love is just a rebounder? U gotta be kidding me. Can score, rebound and is a fantastic passing big man.

He's not really a very good scorer. To be a good scorer you have to put up points consistantly, not just once in a while on a good night. Averaging 14 points a game doesn't put you in the good scorer catagory at least to me.

You are right about Love being a good passer. Then again so is Aldrich, and Aldrich is an excellent shot blocker.

Again, I'd like to have Love on the team. He fills a glaring need for the Warriors in rebounding. Aldrich would fill a glaring need in low post D and rebounding and shot blocking.

I watched the Celtics make the MAgic look like the Warriors tonight. They didn't really do much of anything except play flawless D. No single player scored a ton of points, they just passed the ball around until someone (didn't matter who) had an open shot. Basically a stud point guard, a big baby and a bunch of gritty old farts made one of the best teams in the league look like chumps. They just played awesome D.

Bada, as usually, is probably right. Aldrich will probably be a bust in the NBA. I'm probably overrating him etc. etc. It just seems to me that he earned a name for himself by playing great D and that's what the Warriors need.

The Warriors have the stud point guard part of the winning equation, and that's about it. The need to start stocking up on gritty defenders.

PreviousNext

Return to Trades