*OFFICIAL 2010 NBA Offseason Movement Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:04 pm
Chris Bosh gives his agent a list of 5 teams he wants to play for: Lakers, Knicks, Raptors, Bulls and Heat
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:15 pm
bada wrote:Chris Bosh gives his agent a list of 5 teams he wants to play for: Lakers, Knicks, Raptors, Bulls and Heat

It's not like there was more available to choose from... ::lol:

Actually, it's a bit surprising the Mavs are not on that list...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:20 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:Chris Bosh gives his agent a list of 5 teams he wants to play for: Lakers, Knicks, Raptors, Bulls and Heat

I like the fact that 4 of the 5 are East teams. I would not mind seeing an exedus of talent move/stay in the East. About time for conference to improve their depth.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:32 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

I like the fact that 4 of the 5 are East teams. I would not mind seeing an exedus of talent move/stay in the East. About time for conference to improve their depth.

About time for OURS to give the Dubs a chance... (got you!!!) :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:32 pm
TMC wrote:

They'd have to workout a sign and trade.

I read yesterday that Cuban said he'd like to workout a sign and trade for Lebron

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:37 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I read yesterday that Cuban said he'd like to workout a sign and trade for Lebron

yes, but Bosh would have to agree to do that. Perhaps if Lebron when there he would change his mind. But I dont think Dallas would have much left if they had already swung a sign and trade for lebron... Toronto might not be willing to do it and would rather just have the cap relief.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:44 pm
bada wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

yes, but Bosh would have to agree to do that. Perhaps if Lebron when there he would change his mind. But I dont think Dallas would have much left if they had already swung a sign and trade for lebron... Toronto might not be willing to do it and would rather just have the cap relief.

The thing would be to try to get one of those two not both. Then agai, they manage to get both, they probably ony have those two, Dirk and air, but like the Celts when they got Allen and Garnett, other players could go there for the minimum, never know

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:07 am
Well, what I meant is that Dallas is a top team in the west, and considering that Bosh is from Dallas, it's a bit surprising his hometown team is not on that list...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:29 pm
Sources say Nowitzki is expected to opt out of his contract and enter free agency. Any suitors other than the Mavs bringing him back?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:20 pm
xbay wrote:Sources say Nowitzki is expected to opt out of his contract and enter free agency. Any suitors other than the Mavs bringing him back?

Mavs lose him, as unlikely as it is, they're screwed unless Cuban throws tons of money at stars and get one or two

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:41 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:Sources say Nowitzki is expected to opt out of his contract and enter free agency. Any suitors other than the Mavs bringing him back?

Mavs lose him, as unlikely as it is, they're screwed unless Cuban throws tons of money at stars and get one or two

Interesting that he's opting out... but I don't see him anywhere else. Cuban will throw the bank at him to keep him around or the Mavs are done.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:24 pm
Where would you guys like to see LeBron playing next year? I personally want him to stay in Cleveland. Trash should stay in trash city :wink:
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:40 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:Where would you guys like to see LeBron playing next year? I personally want him to stay in Cleveland. Trash should stay in trash city :wink:

LOL! I agree.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:41 pm
Always trust the Onion to have the best insight into all things everything. Here is their take on all the teams that could end up signing Lebron.

LeBron's Next Team

In scant weeks, LeBron James will be the most desirable free agent in recent memory. Where will basketball's biggest catch choose to go?

* Kings: Sacramento GM Geoff Petrie has been known to call James "the best player in the league," so perhaps this will flatter LeBron into making the wrong decision
* Knicks: LeBron has said he's always wanted to play in the Empire State Building
* Nets: East Rutherford could be the destination, as James has hinted to the media how much he loves "marshy hellholes"
* Bulls: Have wooed James by offering him a chance to be the franchise's all-time second-best player
* Bucks: Not very likely, since LeBron has never even heard of this team
* Heat: Miami, having no income tax, or apparently any other laws of any kind, may prove intriguing to young James
* BK Ventspils: LeBron has always been enamored with Latvia's nightlife
* Cavaliers: Makes perfect sense for both sides, but God, would that be boring
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:05 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

Interesting that he's opting out... but I don't see him anywhere else. Cuban will throw the bank at him to keep him around or the Mavs are done.

Eh... I think Cuban would be smarter to let him walk. It's obviously not gonna work out. They had their run and it's over now... Time to move on. Should've never made that trade for Kidd... set their team back YEARS [called it when I seen it]. They'll have some money to play with in FA though. Also not a fan of Caron Butler.... I just don't think Dallas will win without a major overhaul of their roster... they never did pay attention to the 5 spot, now it's time they do.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum