*OFFICIAL 2010 NBA Draft Thread*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:59 pm
Here's the separate thread for all the other NBA teams. You can talk, argue, debate about the rest of the draft for other teams.

FIRST ROUND

1. Washington Wizards - John Wall, G
2. Philadelphia 76ers - Evan Turner, G
3. New Jersey Nets - Derrick Favors, F
4. Minnesota Timberwolves - Wesley Johnson, G
5. Sacramento Kings - DeMarcus Cousins, C
6. Golden State Warriors - Ekpe Udoh, F
7. Detroit Pistons - Greg Monroe, F
8. Los Angeles Clippers - Al-Farouq Aminu, F
9. Utah Jazz - Gordon Hayward, F
10. Indiana Pacers - Paul George, F
11. New Orleans Hornets - Cole Aldrich, C
12. Memphis Grizzlies - Xavier Henry, G
13. Toronto Raptors - Ed Davis, F
14. Houston Rockets - Patrick Patterson, F
15. Milwaukee Bucks - Larry Sanders, F
16. Minnesota Timberwolves - Luke Babbitt, F (traded to Blazers)
17. Chicago Bulls - Kevin Seraphin, F (traded to Wizards)
18. Oklahoma City Thunder - Eric Bledsoe, G (traded to Clippers)
19. Boston Celtics - Avery Bradley, G
20. San Antonio Spurs - James Anderson, G
21. Oklahoma City Thunder - Craig Brackins, F
22. Portland Trail Blazers - Elliot Williams, G
23. Minnesota Timberwolves - Trevor Booker, F (traded to Wizards)
24. Atlanta Hawks - Damion James, G (traded to Nets)
25. Memphis Grizzlies - Dominique Jones, G (traded to Mavs)
26. Oklahoma City Thunder - Quincy Pondexter, G
27. New Jersey Nets - Jordan Crawford, G (traded to Hawks)
28. Memphis Grizzlies - Greivis Vasquez, G
29. Orlando Magic - Daniel Orton, F
30. Washington Wizards - Lazar Haywood, F (traded to Wolves)

SECOND ROUND

31. New Jersey Nets - Tibor Pleiss, C (traded to Thunder)
32. Miami Heat - Dexter Pittman, C
33. Sacramento Kings - Hassan Whiteside, C
34. Portland Trail Blazers - Armon Johnson, G
35. Washington Wizards - Nemanja Bjelica, F (traded to Timberwolves)
36. Detroit Pistons - Terrico White, G
37. Milwaukee Bucks - Darington Hobson, G
38. New York Knicks - Andy Rautins, G
39. New York Knicks - Landry Fields, F
40. Indiana Pacers - Lance Stephenson, F
41. Miami Heat - Jarvis Varnado, F
42. Miami Heat - Da'Sean Butler, F
43. Los Angeles Lakers - Devin Ebanks, F
44. Milwaukee Bucks - Jerome Jordan, C
45. Minnesota Timberwolves - Paulo Prestes, C
46. Phoenix Suns - Gani Lawal, F
47. Milwaukee Bucks - Tiny Gallon, F
48. Miami Heat - Latavious Williams, F (traded to Thunder)
49. San Antonio Spurs - Ryan Richards, F
50. Dallas Mavericks - Solomon Alabi, C (traded to Raptors)
51. Oklahoma City Thunder - Magnum Rolle, C (traded to Pacers)
52. Boston Celtics - Luke Harangody, F
53. Atlanta Hawks - Pape Sy, F
54. Los Angeles Clippers - Willie Warren, G
55. Utah Jazz - Jeremy Evans, F
56. Minnesota Timberwolves - Hamady Ndiaye, C (traded to Wizards)
57. Indiana Pacers - Ryan Reid, F (traded to Thunder)
58. Los Angeles Lakers - Derrick Caracter, F
59. Orlando Magic - Stanley Robinson, F
60. Phoenix Suns - Dwayne Collins, F
Last edited by xbay on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:24 pm
I'm gonna post a mock... later. When I have time to do it.

It won't be pretty for us, tho.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:00 am
Wiz likely will get Wall and almost have to trade Arenas, though finding a taker might be real hard now, as he seems like broken goods with that injury of his. Real interesting for them, but if I was in charge of them I'd be looking for a trade with Atlanta, who is going to lose JJ and need a replacement. Arenas could be a SG or PG for them with Crawford SG. The Wiz could get back JSmith or Horford, plus fillers

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:10 pm
Who in their right mind would take that Arenas contract though?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:14 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Who in their right mind would take that Arenas contract though?

Well, not this year, but there's a team option to get out of the contract after the next two seasons, so they may keep him for one more year and see what happens, and if it doesn't work with Wall and Arenas together, it will be easier to move him as an expirer after next season.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:07 pm
Chad Ford wrote:A number of teams have already looked into the availability of the Philadelphia 76ers' No. 2 pick in the June 24 draft.

The asking price? Several sources said they were told that the Sixers want their trade partner to take Elton Brand off their hands. Good luck with that. With Brand set to earn $51 million over the course of the next three years, he's virtually impossible to trade.

As much as teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves, for instance, love Evan Turner, I don't think they love him that much.

Yeah, good luck with that Phily. Although they are smart to try to use the pick to try and rid themselves of brand.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:14 pm
bada wrote:
Chad Ford wrote:A number of teams have already looked into the availability of the Philadelphia 76ers' No. 2 pick in the June 24 draft.

The asking price? Several sources said they were told that the Sixers want their trade partner to take Elton Brand off their hands. Good luck with that. With Brand set to earn $51 million over the course of the next three years, he's virtually impossible to trade.

As much as teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves, for instance, love Evan Turner, I don't think they love him that much.

Yeah, good luck with that Phily. Although they are smart to try to use the pick to try and rid themselves of brand.

Oh, of course it's natural to try, although nobody (in its right mind) is gonna take that deal.

I think Minny might be open to deal, tho, and certainly wouldn't cost so much.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:02 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:

Oh, of course it's natural to try, although nobody (in its right mind) is gonna take that deal.

What Philly's doing, we should be doing. AB and Monta are not the current liability and as expensive as Brand is, but the 6th pick should be used to try to move one or both of them

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:05 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:

What Philly's doing, we should be doing. AB and Monta are not the current liability and as expensive as Brand is, but the 6th pick should be used to try to move one or both of them

Once again Migya, we have the 6th pick in a 5 player draft. That is a HUGE difference between where we are picking and Evan Turner.
Last edited by bada on Fri May 21, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:16 pm
Brand bad. No Brand.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:51 pm
bada wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:

Once again Migya, we have the 6th pick in a 5 player draft. That is a HUGE difference between where we are picking and Evan Turner.

Bada, brother, I like ya, though I wouldn't fuk ya like the Beast one here :mrgreen: but 6th pick is a high pick in a draft and there are always quite a few teams that know that there is always at least three or four players OUTSIDE the top 10 picks that can be real good, at least good fits for their team that can contribute. That 6th pick is valuable, it's the hype that people fall for, including GMs and that fact has to be used to get value. On draft night, that 6th pick might even raise in value to some GMs, that's why you stay by the phone waiting for one of the bastards to call you and you go ahead and make a few calls yourself dangling the 6th pick for value, not sounding desperate.

That 6th pick can be traded and get value

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:58 pm
I agree... we ABSOLUTELY should explore what trades we can do with our pick and in a package with a player or two. no doubt.

If a guy like Cousins drops, that pick could raise in value. I am just not too optimistic but if we can get good value for the pick, I am all for trading it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:05 pm
bada wrote:I agree... we ABSOLUTELY should explore what trades we can do with our pick and in a package with a player or two. no doubt.

If a guy like Cousins drops, that pick could raise in value. I am just not too optimistic but if we can get good value for the pick, I am all for trading it.

I try to always be opportunistic, that's what many of the rich people do and it works often for them :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:44 pm
bada wrote:I agree... we ABSOLUTELY should explore what trades we can do with our pick and in a package with a player or two. no doubt.

Bada you sound so negative. Having a crappy day?

The sixth pick has a lot of value regardless if one of the "five" being there or not.

Packaging the pick for a trade is ok but I'm not sure it's really necessary. It just depends who we go after. All the stars point to us making a deal with Minnesota. Monta for Jefferson is just so easy for both teams salary wise, and both teams have a log jam at those prospective positions. Also there has been a bit of bad blood between the FOs and those players.

If we go for another trade after that then the 6th pick starts to look more useful. Packaging the 6th pick with a player like Beans or Mags and we "could" end up with a very good player who just isn't fitting in with their current team. No, I'm not referring to Gilbert :)

Mabye Gortat & ??? for Beans and the 6th pick? With the 6th pick added to Beans he is more shoppable. Now we have...

PG - Curry/CJ
SG - Williams/Morrow
SF - AR/Mags <---- wicked combo imo
PF - Jefferson/Tolliver
C - Gortat/Turiaf/Hunter

*** disclaimer *** Regardless of any trade scenario I put Beans in, I really don't want to trade him. It's the smart thing to do however. There is still a glimmer of hope in me that Old Beans will return shooting underhanded free throws at 90%!!! It could happen :)
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm
Chum wrote:Bada you sound so negative. Having a crappy day?

Kind of a tough week at work filled with contentious meeting after contentious meeting. It has left me in a combative mood so I apologize if I am being harsh. Perhaps I should just stay off the board for a few days.

Definately have had the gloves on this week trying to wade through levels of incompetance.
Next

Return to NBA Forum