*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:34 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Like or dislike the idea of Philly hiring Doug Collins?

Like, probably. Who else was willing to go there and coach up that team?. They could have done much worse than getting a vet coach like Collins.

Heard they also spoke with Avery

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:29 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Like, probably. Who else was willing to go there and coach up that team?. They could have done much worse than getting a vet coach like Collins.

:dontknow: I'm not as high on Avery as you are, bro... I don't think there's too much difference between Doug Collins and Avery in terms of player development.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:47 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

:dontknow: I'm not as high on Avery as you are, bro... I don't think there's too much difference between Doug Collins and Avery in terms of player development.

Avery was only a coach once, in Dallas, and that team got even better than the already high level they were. They went to the fianls the first season Avery was coach and then they lost to the Warriors in the 1st round ofcourse, but that was the matchup, and they really got unlucky.

I'd take Avery immediately and think he'd make the team alot better. He was a player here as well more than once so he is well known here

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:04 am
migya wrote:
I'd take Avery immediately and think he'd make the team alot better. He was a player here as well more than once so he is well known here

Above Nellie?. Heck, yeah... but I don't consider Avery a "must get" coach. There are more options out there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:30 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

Above Nellie?. Heck, yeah... but I don't consider Avery a "must get" coach. There are more options out there.

There is, but I don't think there are much better and/or more credible. Avery did take an already good team and made them better, but I do think he can make a medicore team (at best right now) that the Warriors are and make them better, maybe a fair bit better

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:18 am
Ric Bucher is reporting that Mike Brown has officially been canned.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5213917
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:10 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

There is, but I don't think there are much better and/or more credible. Avery did take an already good team and made them better, but I do think he can make a medicore team (at best right now) that the Warriors are and make them better, maybe a fair bit better

Im not a fan of the Dubs hiring any coach that was punked and out-coached by Nellie.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:15 am
I am still focused on two candidates. With all the vacancies, not sure either will be around by the time this all happens for us.

Mark Jackson and Tom Thibodeau
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:55 pm
Rumors are that Chicago is trying to reach out to Phil Jackson to return to Chicago and coach them. Let it be known, Dr. Buss and Kuptchak have said they do not want to pay $12 mil for Phil to coach next season.

You guys see Phil going to Chicago? or him staying with the Lakers or retiring?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 pm
xbay wrote:Rumors are that Chicago is trying to reach out to Phil Jackson to return to Chicago and coach them. Let it be known, Dr. Buss and Kuptchak have said they do not want to pay $12 mil for Phil to coach next season.

You guys see Phil going to Chicago? or him staying with the Lakers or retiring?

I can see him staying with the Lakers, if the contract is for several years, not just one or two, although taking a pay cut for that.

As for Chicago... I can't see him there. Chicago doesn't have a chance at a ring, unless they sign Lebron. Guess, in that case, it could be possible... but I don't see Lebron going there, soooo...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:10 pm
ESPN is reporting that Dwyane Wade is going to discuss his future with LeBron and Joe Johnson. Speculation?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:41 pm
xbay wrote:ESPN is reporting that Dwyane Wade is going to discuss his future with LeBron and Joe Johnson. Speculation?

Wade is trying to bring Lebron to Miami. Johnson is trying to know which team is gonna be desperate to throw a ton of millions his way... :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:19 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:ESPN is reporting that Dwyane Wade is going to discuss his future with LeBron and Joe Johnson. Speculation?

Wade is trying to bring Lebron to Miami. Johnson is trying to know which team is gonna be desperate to throw a ton of millions his way... :wink:

Whatever team JJ goes to, LeBron/Wade or not, will suck... or at least not win a championship.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:34 pm
Chum wrote:
TMC wrote:

Whatever team JJ goes to, LeBron/Wade or not, will suck... or at least not win a championship.

I agree. Dont like JJ at all... probably why I am not in to Monta. They are very similar although JJ is even more of a ball movement killer.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:46 pm
bada wrote:
Chum wrote:
TMC wrote:

I agree. Dont like JJ at all... probably why I am not in to Monta. They are very similar although JJ is even more of a ball movement killer.

His stock sank INCREDIBLY after the Orlando series. Its just sad that SOME GM will feel pressured after not getting any one of the other three players being talked about and throw money at him anyways. Have fun in NY JJ!!!
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum