Forget AlJeff, Love, Gasol, and Bosh

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:02 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
metalface wrote:I bet Horford will be really easy to get in the next few years. I see the Hawks going down hill after this season. I somehow dont think that Johnson is going to stay in Atlanta. I also dont think that Woodson will keep his job after this season. And we will see them sink into obscurity after that.

And then the Ws can remind them about how they gave Crawford to them on a silver platter and they can give up Horford. That would be pretty awesome.

Reckon JJ will stay in Atlanta, but if he leaves, that team does fall alot, unless they replace him, which would be real hard. Replacing Woodson is a step in the right direction though

I don't know why, but i've always had the feeling he'll leave.

At least one of the teams with big cap room, will miss out on the tier 1 FA's, so they'll throw money at the tier 2s(which i think of JJ being)

Just a hunch

Could be. Maybe New York will fail to get any of the top tier FAs and JJ will be waiting to pounce on a max contract. Just a hunch myself

I think JJ is gone. The pulse of the fans hate him much like Warrior fans hate Maggette. He certainly is one of the better scorers in the league but he is just such a selfish player and is unwilling to involve his teammates.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:48 am
bada wrote:Gasol is probably the better offensive post player while Horford likely has a better mid range game... but it is close. Horford is the better rebounder and hands down the better defender. Gasol is the better shot blocker. Wihtout question Horford is the better passer.

I'm not sure I agree with all of this, but let's say it's pretty close to reality. This is exactly why we need to get Gasol and Horford. They would be a dominant, and complimentary, force in the paint on both the offensive and defensive ends.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:11 am
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:Gasol is probably the better offensive post player while Horford likely has a better mid range game... but it is close. Horford is the better rebounder and hands down the better defender. Gasol is the better shot blocker. Wihtout question Horford is the better passer.

I'm not sure I agree with all of this, but let's say it's pretty close to reality. This is exactly why we need to get Gasol and Horford. They would be a dominant, and complimentary, force in the paint on both the offensive and defensive ends.

LOL. Well, yeah. That would be great to get two of the best young inside players in the game. That is nearly as unlikely as getting Wade and Lebron here. Obviously that is an exageration but come on, how do you suggest we get BOTH Gasol and Horford... and if any of your scenarios do not involve Curry, you are even more crazy.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:21 am
bada wrote:
Chum wrote:

LOL. Well, yeah. That would be great to get two of the best young inside players in the game. That is nearly as unlikely as getting Wade and Lebron here. Obviously that is an exageration but come on, how do you suggest we get BOTH Gasol and Horford... and if any of your scenarios do not involve Curry, you are even more crazy.

It depends on what overall draft pick we end up with and how much improvement the Grizz see in Thabeet. It also depends on whether or not JJ leaves Atlanta. Let's say we end up with the #1 or #2 overall pick, the Grizz think Thabeet can be their starter and JJ leaves Atlanta...

Horford for Monta + ???
Gasol for our #1 pick + ???

??? could be any combination of the following: AR, Turiaf, Beans, Mags, B.Wright, Morrow, CJ

I'd personally be pretty sad if we lost AR or Turiaf, but to get Horford and Gasol I'd live. Yes the stars would have to align perfectly for it to happen but I can see the circumstances falling into place. A #1 or #2 overall pick will be worth a metric shitton in a trade. Monta will be coveted by certain GMs, and I can see Atlanta really wanting him if they lose JJ. Monta + AR isn't a bad trade for Horford at all imo.

btw Migs, I like AR a lot... at Small Forward :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:43 pm
bada wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
metalface wrote:I bet Horford will be really easy to get in the next few years. I see the Hawks going down hill after this season. I somehow dont think that Johnson is going to stay in Atlanta. I also dont think that Woodson will keep his job after this season. And we will see them sink into obscurity after that.

And then the Ws can remind them about how they gave Crawford to them on a silver platter and they can give up Horford. That would be pretty awesome.

Reckon JJ will stay in Atlanta, but if he leaves, that team does fall alot, unless they replace him, which would be real hard. Replacing Woodson is a step in the right direction though

At least one of the teams with big cap room, will miss out on the tier 1 FA's, so they'll throw money at the tier 2s(which i think of JJ being)

Just a hunch

Could be. Maybe New York will fail to get any of the top tier FAs and JJ will be waiting to pounce on a max contract. Just a hunch myself

I think JJ is gone. The pulse of the fans hate him much like Warrior fans hate Maggette. He certainly is one of the better scorers in the league but he is just such a selfish player and is unwilling to involve his teammates.

wow really? I had no idea. Interesting
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:50 pm
Quazza wrote:
bada wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:

Just a hunch

wow really? I had no idea. Interesting

Well at least according to my friend who lives in Atlanta ( a warriors fan) and from some things I have read.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:43 pm
Yall go through a lot of brainpower thinking up trade scenarios that will never ever happen! Wish I could expend that many brain cells, but being in grad school full time does not allow for that. Aaaaanyyyyyway......my 2 cents about Horford......more or less, I agree with bada that he's certainly got some untapped potential. He would surely benefit from playing with an unselfish PG like Curry. Defensively, he's light years beyond anyone we have, besides Turiaf....except he can rebound the ball.

However, even if Johnson leaves ATL, which I think is a distinct possibility, I don't see how they could get rid of Horford right now. He's still pretty cheap, but more importantly the guy seems like a winner---the right kind of player who does all the little things and busts his ass every night. Dumping him would really turn off a lot of fans.

Really though, until Nellie is no longer the coach, I won't even dream to entertain the idea of a player like Horford coming to this team. If they do make a play for someone who excels at those horrible things called REBOUNDING and DEFENSE (either thru free agency/draft/trades), then I will assure you there's a new front office in the shadows calling the shots.
"Expectation is the root of all heartache."

--Shakespeare on what it's like to be a Warriors fan / human being.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:49 pm
Atlanta fans are booing JJ everytime he touches the ball and they are royally pissed that their team is getting absolutely swept. ESPN people are talking about the coach getting canned, and JJ is sure to go. There could be a fire sale and Horford may become attainable. Just saying.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:00 pm
Chum wrote:Atlanta fans are booing JJ everytime he touches the ball and they are royally pissed that their team is getting absolutely swept. ESPN people are talking about the coach getting canned, and JJ is sure to go. There could be a fire sale and Horford may become attainable. Just saying.

And what did they expect?. Because it was pretty clear that Orlando would stomp them. A 4-0 or 4-1 was the only logical outcome for this matchup... They did what they had to do by reaching the second round, but that's as far as that team can go with their current roster.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:12 am
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:Atlanta fans are booing JJ everytime he touches the ball and they are royally pissed that their team is getting absolutely swept. ESPN people are talking about the coach getting canned, and JJ is sure to go. There could be a fire sale and Horford may become attainable. Just saying.

And what did they expect?. Because it was pretty clear that Orlando would stomp them. A 4-0 or 4-1 was the only logical outcome for this matchup... They did what they had to do by reaching the second round, but that's as far as that team can go with their current roster.

The Hawks have talent and they could have played much better against Orlando. JSmith should have played alot better, dominating whoever was guarding him, same thing with JJohnson, who at this point is slightly better than Carter, arguably. They seemed to have folded and the Magic are championship contenders.

As for JJ going, that scenario of trading for Horford, giving Monta could be relistic, as they will have a huge hole at SG. I still would prefer MGasol/Love/BLopez/AJeff, but Horford is about as good as them and the thing is to go for that big that could be attainable

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:59 am
Monta and what else? Cause that alone is not getting you Horford. Not even close.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:55 pm
bada wrote:Monta and what else? Cause that alone is not getting you Horford. Not even close.

That could be enough, as the hawks would be in need of a replacement SG for JJ. It'd have to be Horford and filler to make salaries work

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:07 pm
migya wrote:
bada wrote:Monta and what else? Cause that alone is not getting you Horford. Not even close.

That could be enough, as the hawks would be in need of a replacement SG for JJ. It'd have to be Horford and filler to make salaries work

So an All-Star PF/C in the PRIME of his career that is the one player on that team that plays hard EVERY night for a SG that plays almost as selfishly as the guy he replaced?

Its NOT EVEN CLOSE. Monta has nowhere near the value around the league as you seem to think.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:26 am
strange...

Horford
3rd pick of 2007 Draft

Cousins
(projected)3rd pick of the 2010 draft

forget where I read it but some site thought Cousins was going to be the next Horford
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:08 am
bada wrote:
migya wrote:

So an All-Star PF/C in the PRIME of his career that is the one player on that team that plays hard EVERY night for a SG that plays almost as selfishly as the guy he replaced?

Its NOT EVEN CLOSE. Monta has nowhere near the value around the league as you seem to think.

Horford got allstar controversially over Lee of New York and Bogut. If he is in the prime of his career then he isn't anything special. I think he will get a bit better and is yet to hit his best, like Monta somewhat. With JJohnson leaving, it is the Hawks who would be in need and they have to replace JJ well in order to stay at the level they are now at, the best they've been in over twenty years. The only thing is that Horford is a solid big man and they wouldn't want to lose that, but he certainly isn't their best player and Monta could come right in and be their best player.

I'd throw in BW, quite cheap money wise, and see if they bite

PreviousNext

Return to Trades