*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:33 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:I saw on ESPN(trying to find a link) that Pat Riley "expects" the Heat to re-sign Dwyane Wade and that he didn't rule out the possibility of coaching next season.

Well, for one... I doubt Wade returns unless they land Amare or some other big star. And two, return to coaching? Really?

Riley is a real gold digger of sorts. He probably sees the Heat signing a player like aamre and thus having a much better chance of being a winning team and now he wants to be the coach

A bit old, but what I've heard is that Wade has promised to stay in Miami if they sign Amare, Bosh or Boozer, and that the agent of one of those guys has told the Heat he's gonna sign there if Riley's the coach... Just saying.

There you go then. Riley is a gold digger and looks like being the coach again, but even with one of the mentioned star bigs you said, the Heat could still be nothing more than 50-55 wins, out in the second round material. The rest of that team really needs to be looked at and much changed

NOTHING MORE THAN 50-55 WINS!!! :shock:

That's a top 4 team in the east, buddy. And the rest of the team would be totally different, anyway. They barely have three guys under contract for next year.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:25 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:I saw on ESPN(trying to find a link) that Pat Riley "expects" the Heat to re-sign Dwyane Wade and that he didn't rule out the possibility of coaching next season.

Well, for one... I doubt Wade returns unless they land Amare or some other big star. And two, return to coaching? Really?

Riley is a real gold digger of sorts. He probably sees the Heat signing a player like aamre and thus having a much better chance of being a winning team and now he wants to be the coach

"gold digger" or intelligent and calculating... guess it depends on your perspective.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:44 am
Who else has been tired of watching SportsCenter, lately? LeBron this, LeBron that. Where art thou LeBron will go? LeBron to New York? LeBron to Chicago? LeBron to stay? LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron Mike Brown LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron Cavaliers LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron. :banghead: :agrue: :letitallout: [-X [-( ](*,) :pain10: :boxing: :drinking:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:23 am
xbay wrote:Who else has been tired of watching SportsCenter, lately? LeBron this, LeBron that. Where art thou LeBron will go? LeBron to New York? LeBron to Chicago? LeBron to stay? LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron Mike Brown LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron Cavaliers LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron. :banghead: :agrue: :letitallout: [-X [-( ](*,) :pain10: :boxing: :drinking:

I hope he goes to the Celtics :)

At least they aren't talking about Tiger Woods. Jesus, golf isn't even a sport and they are on that guy's jimmy all the freaking time.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:46 am
Chum wrote:
xbay wrote:Who else has been tired of watching SportsCenter, lately? LeBron this, LeBron that. Where art thou LeBron will go? LeBron to New York? LeBron to Chicago? LeBron to stay? LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron Mike Brown LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron Cavaliers LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron. :banghead: :agrue: :letitallout: [-X [-( ](*,) :pain10: :boxing: :drinking:

I hope he goes to the Celtics :)

At least they aren't talking about Tiger Woods. Jesus, golf isn't even a sport and they are on that guy's jimmy all the freaking time.

If the big three in Boston or at the least only Ray Allen retired in the next three years, I think lebron would not only be a good fit there, but they'd win the next three championships at least. That team is over the salary cap though I believe

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:18 am
Chum wrote:At least they aren't talking about Tiger Woods. Jesus, golf isn't even a sport and they are on that guy's jimmy all the freaking time

You're talking like if they were the only ones... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:19 am
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:At least they aren't talking about Tiger Woods. Jesus, golf isn't even a sport and they are on that guy's jimmy all the freaking time

You're talking like if they were the only ones... :mrgreen:

LOL... good one!
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:11 pm
Can an NBA team really bring Calipari in even though he just signed an extension recently with Kentucky?

I've been hearing rumors the Bulls are looking at bringing Calipari in to coach LeBron if they can land him in Chicago.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:14 pm
xbay wrote:Can an NBA team really bring Calipari in even though he just signed an extension recently with Kentucky?

I've been hearing rumors the Bulls are looking at bringing Calipari in to coach LeBron if they can land him in Chicago.

Most college coaches are able to leave their contracts if a bigger job, mid major to major college or NBA. It happens all the time in college football. They have to pay a penalty to get out of their deal, but they are able to leave for (possibly) greener pastures.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:04 am
Wizards are setting themselves up nicely... adding Wall with Blatche already dominating... Arenas is capable of falling back and playing the 2. Still have young talent in guys like Young and McGee.. Foye & Josh Howard there. I don't know their cap situation but they if they can sign an all-star wing then they could do damage.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:31 am
Beast Mode wrote:Wizards are setting themselves up nicely... adding Wall with Blatche already dominating... Arenas is capable of falling back and playing the 2. Still have young talent in guys like Young and McGee.. Foye & Josh Howard there. I don't know their cap situation but they if they can sign an all-star wing then they could do damage.

They're in a great situation regarding the cap, being able to sign two max contracts and one MLE if they want to.

Only Arenas, McGee, Blatche, Thornton and Nick Young are under contract. Quinton Ross hs a player option for $1 million, but that's about it. Josh Howard has one season remaining, but it's a team option and they're gonna let him test free agency.

So lots of cap space, some young talent already on the team, Arenas and John Wall. Suddenly, they've become major players for free agency.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:51 am
TMC wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Wizards are setting themselves up nicely... adding Wall with Blatche already dominating... Arenas is capable of falling back and playing the 2. Still have young talent in guys like Young and McGee.. Foye & Josh Howard there. I don't know their cap situation but they if they can sign an all-star wing then they could do damage.

They're in a great situation regarding the cap, being able to sign two max contracts and one MLE if they want to.

Only Arenas, McGee, Blatche, Thornton and Nick Young are under contract. Quinton Ross hs a player option for $1 million, but that's about it. Josh Howard has one season remaining, but it's a team option and they're gonna let him test free agency.

So lots of cap space, some young talent already on the team, Arenas and John Wall. Suddenly, they've become major players for free agency.

They could bounce back real big, but Arenas is a real situation there. If they can put it all behind them, he gets and stays healthy, it all could work, but pretty big ifs

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:18 am
man, I'd want to get Arenas as far away from Wall as possible. Trade him to China if need be
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:37 pm
Like or dislike the idea of Philly hiring Doug Collins?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:15 pm
xbay wrote:Like or dislike the idea of Philly hiring Doug Collins?

Like, probably. Who else was willing to go there and coach up that team?. They could have done much worse than getting a vet coach like Collins.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum