Is Anyone Else Enjoying JRich in the Playoffs?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:02 am
I must say I've been really digging how well JRich is doing in the playoffs for Phoenix! Not that it surprises me any, love how he burying those 3's--especially at crucial times just like he did for us. Unfortunately I missed the monster 42 point game against Portland-woah! I love how well he's playing D, rebounding, getting assists and continuing his hot shooting. I don't think anybody deserves this success in the playoffs more than he does. I'm encouraged by the Suns two wins over the Spurs, it's going to be tough to win the series but I think they can prevail. Easier said than done but I'll be rooting for JRich!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:52 am
Yes, I've been enjoying Jason Richardson kicking butt, and the Suns kicking butt for that matter. The Suns play like the Warriors but with more talent, especially with Amare, in the paint. It's kinda like they validate the high tempo, fast-break game. But Nellie, please note that the Suns are playing more fastball than smallball. GET A BIG MAN!!!!
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:46 pm
Yeah man. Watching JRich is like watching an old friend play. I'm really happy for him. I've always liked the way Nash plays and carries himself too. Their second unit has really stepped up as well. and Dudley played great in the last game, kept them in it early on when they were 10 down.

Los Suns was also a very cool gesture on their part.... but we'll save that part of the discussion for the Off Topic forum... :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:06 pm
Most definitely. :D
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:29 pm
Chum wrote:Yes, I've been enjoying Jason Richardson kicking butt, and the Suns kicking butt for that matter. The Suns play like the Warriors but with more talent, especially with Amare, in the paint. It's kinda like they validate the high tempo, fast-break game. But Nellie, please note that the Suns are playing more fastball than smallball. GET A BIG MAN!!!!

I like that! We should have a slogan:

FASTBALL > SMALLBALL, NELLIE!
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:18 pm
Money Morrow wrote:Yeah man. Watching JRich is like watching an old friend play. I'm really happy for him. I've always liked the way Nash plays and carries himself too. Their second unit has really stepped up as well. and Dudley played great in the last game, kept them in it early on when they were 10 down.

Los Suns was also a very cool gesture on their part.... but we'll save that part of the discussion for the Off Topic forum... :mrgreen:

Agreed. Nash is such a key to that great team, just a bit more than Amare I think. Phoenix has a team that is now built with the proper players, including role players. Dudley was such a find and he provides little things that are so valuable to them. Frye has made himself a career over there and with his three point shooting , he really gives them a weapon on offense off the bench. Hill still plays well and JRich is doing real good too. This al with RLopez, their starting Center injured. With him, they'd be even better. I pick them to beat the Spurs, likely in seven, but it could go either way. Really would be good to see them win the championship before Amare likely leaves, or maybe he'd stay if they won it, and Nash retires

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:42 pm
Did not expect the suns to sweep the spurs. Even though it's unlikely, I'd love for the suns to win it all. It'd be great for J-Rich to win one and especially Grant Hill as well.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:25 pm
SFWarriors wrote:Did not expect the suns to sweep the spurs. Even though it's unlikely, I'd love for the suns to win it all. It'd be great for J-Rich to win one and especially Grant Hill as well.

Agreed. Want to Suns definately over the other teams still in it

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:50 am
J-Rich would be the ideal 2 guard to play with Curry :/
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:22 am
Beast Mode wrote:J-Rich would be the ideal 2 guard to play with Curry :/

just not at his age and price point.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:35 am
"Always" Next wrote:

ehhh.....You make it sound as if he's 35. He's 29. Contrary to Warriors' fans beliefs, not every player has to be under 24. It wouldn't hurt to have some veteran leadership. His price point, that would be the problem... but I see nothing wrong with his age.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:54 am
Beast Mode wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

ehhh.....You make it sound as if he's 35. He's 29. Contrary to Warriors' fans beliefs, not every player has to be under 24. It wouldn't hurt to have some veteran leadership. His price point, that would be the problem... but I see nothing wrong with his age.

He is not over the hill, but would prefer Stephs running mate to be a little younger.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:21 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

He is not over the hill, but would prefer Stephs running mate to be a little younger.

It'd be cool if Steph could run with someone at the 2 guard position for a long time. Sorta like how Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili have been together for a long time. I'm not saying JRich would be a bad choice... it's just not the ideal guy I'd want. I'm looking at a guy maybe 26?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:16 am
xbay wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

It'd be cool if Steph could run with someone at the 2 guard position for a long time. Sorta like how Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili have been together for a long time. I'm not saying JRich would be a bad choice... it's just not the ideal guy I'd want. I'm looking at a guy maybe 26?

JRich is good and does have some big games, but the guy is now mainly a three point shooter and i would want him to take it to the basket just a little more if he was here. He'd be very good though, but he is making just a little too much money for what he gives right now. With a star big, he'd be maximised, as he is in Phoenix with Amare

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:41 am
SFWarriors wrote:Did not expect the suns to sweep the spurs. Even though it's unlikely, I'd love for the suns to win it all. It'd be great for J-Rich to win one and especially Grant Hill as well.

Yeah Yeah Yeah! Ditto on that! That was one sweet and gutsy win the Suns pulled off wasn't it? Grant Hill is really playing some nice D and hit some timely shots as well. It's going to be one tough series against the Lakers, the question is can they keep their Bigs under control...I imagine they'll have Hill on Kobe quite a bit. I'm encouraged by the hot shooting of Dudley and Barbosa can certainly light it up. Nash really showed me (again) that he'll do whatever it takes to try to win-he looked more like a boxer than a guard with that closed right eye! He and Amare looked great in the 4th quarter.

It'd be a cool pipe dream to have JRich back with us, but I've accepted that it probably won't happen. Still would be awesome...I think he's enjoying winning and going deep in the playoffs. I do agree with what migya said, he could do more of driving to the basket rather than the 3 pointers. I did notice that he was trying to post up a bit more, he certainly can be effective there. I'm looking forward to a gritty, hard fought series.
It's going to take everything Phoenix has on D with consistent good (and frequent lights out!) shooting to win it. Should be interesting! Go JRich!
Next

Return to NBA Forum