Forget AlJeff, Love, Gasol, and Bosh

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:44 pm
bada wrote:interesting stat on Horford I saw today...

According to Synergy Sports Technology, Horford has held his opponents to 0.69 points per post-up, a mark that ranks him first among all players who have faced at least 100 post-ups this year.

I like it, sign him up. We need a defensive presence in the paint more than anything else ihmo. If we did get him I still think we would need another upgrade at center. Someone like say Thabeet :)

PG - Curry --------- 6-3 ----- 22yo
SG - Williams ------ 6-6 ----- 23yo
SF - AR ------------- 6-10 --- 20yo
PF - Horford -------- 6-10 --- 23yo
C - Thabeet -------- 7-3 ---- 23yo

Horford would HAVE to become our low post scoring presence. Thabeet would have to become a dedicated defender in the paint. Something he started to look like he could do toward the end of the season. If Horford is as good a defender as you say he is, and he can play the PF position, then I'd love a lineup like this. This would make us the tallest team, and possibly the youngest team, in the league and give us a serious defensive presence in the paint. I also think our rebounding problems would be a thing of the past.

There has been a lot of wishful thinking, on this forum, for Bosh and as of late Dirk. I like both players but neither is much of a defensive force in the paint. Both are decent rebounders and not great shot blockers. I think either needs to be paired with a good defensive paint guy.

To me Horford is sounding, going by what you are telling me bada, an above average paint defender. If he was a decent (not great scorer) I'd rather have him over Dirk or Bosh who are both above average scorers but not great defenders.

Here's how we do this... Trade Monta to the Grizz for Thabeet + Mayo. Trade Mayo plus our #1 pick to the Hawks for Horford. The Hawks will be losing Johnson so they would probably love to have Mayo.

Added bonus: Horford would probably be a good teammate to help Thabeet become a better defender.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:33 pm
glad to have you aboard the Horford train!

Now we just need to get Migya off his stance that this All-Star player "is not that skilled" laughable to say the least.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:44 pm
bogurt > Horford

all nba team proves it

:P

(man i'd love to get Horford lol)
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:47 pm
bada wrote:migs, based on many of your statements this year about players, it is obvious you really dont watch FULL games. Perhaps some highlights here and there and perhaps youtube clips, but certainly not full games.

Not a dig on you, because obviously it is difficult for an aussie to watch many games of a US based sport, but you gotta get out of making blanket statements about players based on box scores.

Horford is an extremely skilled basketball player that is as fundamentally sound big man as you will find. With Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and Crawford on the team, he does not get as many offensive looks as he should. He is a very good offensive player.

Not saying he is a world beater or is the best in the league any anything in particular, but he can score, defend, and rebound at a high level. Much more effective player than Jefferson if you ask me and I love his workman attitude. No ego.... just goes to work every night.

Full games I haven't seen much of, but I've seen plenty of footage and do believe that seeing highlights and parts of games gives more than enough of an indication of how things are, players etc.

Horford is very good, but personally, I see MGasol as better and more importanly, mre attaineable, though likely not that easily himself. Horford is on a team that is one of the best in the East and performing better than they have in a long time, many might argue better than they have in franchise history or at least in the last thirty years, so they won't trade one of their key pieces for sure. Memphis is pretty bad and need change so MGasol might well be gettable for AB and the lottery pick, maybe it'd have to be Monta, throw in another player.

I'd prefer MGasol and think he'll get better himself as well

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:50 pm
Chum wrote:

According to Synergy Sports Technology, Horford has held his opponents to 0.69 points per post-up, a mark that ranks him first among all players who have faced at least 100 post-ups this year.

I like it, sign him up. We need a defensive presence in the paint more than anything else ihmo. If we did get him I still think we would need another upgrade at center. Someone like say Thabeet :)

Horford would HAVE to become our low post scoring presence. Thabeet would have to become a dedicated defender in the paint. Something he started to look like he could do toward the end of the season. If Horford is as good a defender as you say he is, and he can play the PF position, then I'd love a lineup like this. This would make us the tallest team, and possibly the youngest team, in the league and give us a serious defensive presence in the paint. I also think our rebounding problems would be a thing of the past.

There has been a lot of wishful thinking, on this forum, for Bosh and as of late Dirk. I like both players but neither is much of a defensive force in the paint. Both are decent rebounders and not great shot blockers. I think either needs to be paired with a good defensive paint guy.

To me Horford is sounding, going by what you are telling me bada, an above average paint defender. If he was a decent (not great scorer) I'd rather have him over Dirk or Bosh who are both above average scorers but not great defenders.

Here's how we do this... Trade Monta to the Grizz for Thabeet + Mayo. Trade Mayo plus our #1 pick to the Hawks for Horford. The Hawks will be losing Johnson so they would probably love to have Mayo.

Added bonus: Horford would probably be a good teammate to help Thabeet become a better defender.

That is a beautiful lineup :D
Except the Williams =\ replace Williams with TURNER!(I know it's impossible)

Monta=Horford+2nd round draft?
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:51 pm
I bet Horford will be really easy to get in the next few years. I see the Hawks going down hill after this season. I somehow dont think that Johnson is going to stay in Atlanta. I also dont think that Woodson will keep his job after this season. And we will see them sink into obscurity after that.

And then the Ws can remind them about how they gave Crawford to them on a silver platter and they can give up Horford. That would be pretty awesome.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:54 pm
Chum wrote:

With that PF/C duo, Horford would have to be a post scoring god :mrgreen: Really, Horford has not shown he is that sort of a scorer, just a complementary one that can hold his own, but he doesn't score a geap and likely never will. I think he could score 15pts a game, but likely won't score more that that in his career.

Thabeet is looking like a bust really and I personally don't want him. AR at PF has to be tried properly so whatever big is attained, if one is at all, would have to play Center

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:03 pm
metalface wrote:I bet Horford will be really easy to get in the next few years. I see the Hawks going down hill after this season. I somehow dont think that Johnson is going to stay in Atlanta. I also dont think that Woodson will keep his job after this season. And we will see them sink into obscurity after that.

And then the Ws can remind them about how they gave Crawford to them on a silver platter and they can give up Horford. That would be pretty awesome.

Reckon JJ will stay in Atlanta, but if he leaves, that team does fall alot, unless they replace him, which would be real hard. Replacing Woodson is a step in the right direction though

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:15 pm
I want to see the team at full health once, just once. I think we could be a .500 team, easily.
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:37 pm
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:

With that PF/C duo, Horford would have to be a post scoring god :mrgreen: Really, Horford has not shown he is that sort of a scorer, just a complementary one that can hold his own, but he doesn't score a geap and likely never will. I think he could score 15pts a game, but likely won't score more that that in his career.

Thabeet is looking like a bust really and I personally don't want him. AR at PF has to be tried properly so whatever big is attained, if one is at all, would have to play Center

Thabeet played much better after his D-League stint, and he started to show what kind of defensive stopper he's capable of being. You need stats? Thabeet played 18 games since the D-League. In that time he had 31 blocks and only averaged 20.3 minutes per game, and this kid is very raw. Imagine what he'll do when he figures out how to play the game? Thabeet is a 7'3" beast and he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on his body. He's worth a few years of developing.

If the Warriors had a center trio of Thabeet/Turiaf/Hunter we could put up great numbers at that position. All three are shot blockers and rebounders.

As far as Marc Gasol vs. Horford... I'd still rather have Marc Gasol at this point. I've seen several games with Gasol and he looks, to me, like the most dominant center to be (not named D.Howard) and I think he could turn out to be a better scorer than D.Howard. Horford looks and sounds like a defensive force, and I like the idea of having him at PF spot. I still want two bigs to add to the team..... so I guess it's obvious. We trade for Horford and Gasol :)

Hmm Monta + ??? for one and Draft Pick + ??? for the other.

PG - Curry 6-3
SG - Williams 6-6
SF - AR 6-10
PF - Horford 6-10
C - Gasol 7-1

Larry Ellsion *clap* *clap* make it so!!!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:41 pm
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:

Thabeet played much better after his D-League stint, and he started to show what kind of defensive stopper he's capable of being. You need stats? Thabeet played 18 games since the D-League. In that time he had 31 blocks and only averaged 20.3 minutes per game, and this kid is very raw. Imagine what he'll do when he figures out how to play the game? Thabeet is a 7'3" beast and he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on his body. He's worth a few years of developing.

If the Warriors had a center trio of Thabeet/Turiaf/Hunter we could put up great numbers at that position. All three are shot blockers and rebounders.

As far as Marc Gasol vs. Horford... I'd still rather have Marc Gasol at this point. I've seen several games with Gasol and he looks, to me, like the most dominant center to be (not named D.Howard) and I think he could turn out to be a better scorer than D.Howard. Horford looks and sounds like a defensive force, and I like the idea of having him at PF spot. I still want two bigs to add to the team..... so I guess it's obvious. We trade for Horford and Gasol :)

Hmm Monta + ??? for one and Draft Pick + ??? for the other.

PG - Curry 6-3
SG - Williams 6-6
SF - AR 6-10
PF - Horford 6-10
C - Gasol 7-1

Larry Ellsion *clap* *clap* make it so!!!

You don't like AR much do ya :wink:

I want to give AR a chance at PF

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:46 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:I want to see the team at full health once, just once. I think we could be a .500 team, easily.

Yeah I agree they'd be a .500 team, but that isn't enough to make the playoffs in the West. Some kind of shake-up is going to happen. Even if we didn't get a new owner/coach/gm it wouldn't matter. A team with as much talent as the Warriors have can't go without a change after a 26/56 season. Just getting a high draft pick is going to end up pushing someone out.

The Warriors have to get healthy, but they also have to get bigger.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:35 pm
migya wrote:
metalface wrote:I bet Horford will be really easy to get in the next few years. I see the Hawks going down hill after this season. I somehow dont think that Johnson is going to stay in Atlanta. I also dont think that Woodson will keep his job after this season. And we will see them sink into obscurity after that.

Reckon JJ will stay in Atlanta, but if he leaves, that team does fall alot, unless they replace him, which would be real hard. Replacing Woodson is a step in the right direction though

I don't know why, but i've always had the feeling he'll leave.

At least one of the teams with big cap room, will miss out on the tier 1 FA's, so they'll throw money at the tier 2s(which i think of JJ being)

Just a hunch
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:39 pm
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:

I don't know why, but i've always had the feeling he'll leave.

At least one of the teams with big cap room, will miss out on the tier 1 FA's, so they'll throw money at the tier 2s(which i think of JJ being)

Just a hunch

Could be. Maybe New York will fail to get any of the top tier FAs and JJ will be waiting to pounce on a max contract. Just a hunch myself

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:56 am
migya wrote:Full games I haven't seen much of, but I've seen plenty of footage and do believe that seeing highlights and parts of games gives more than enough of an indication of how things are, players etc.
then I guess I am failing to understand what you dont see Horford being able to do? What SPECIFICALLY dont you like about his game?

Migya wrote:Horford is very good, but personally, I see MGasol as better

Gasol is good and granted I have not seen him as much as Horford. Gasol is probably the better offensive post player while Horford likely has a better mid range game... but it is close. Horford is the better rebounder and hands down the better defender. Gasol is the better shot blocker. Wihtout question Horford is the better passer.

If you watch Atlanta play, Horford will jump out at you because he is the only one on that team that seems to play with any pride. Dude plays hard ALWAYS!

Migya wrote:and more importanly, mre attaineable, though likely not that easily himself. Horford is on a team that is one of the best in the East and performing better than they have in a long time, many might argue better than they have in franchise history or at least in the last thirty years, so they won't trade one of their key pieces for sure. Memphis is pretty bad and need change so MGasol might well be gettable for AB and the lottery pick, maybe it'd have to be Monta, throw in another player.

Migs, obviously you are not too clued in with what is going on in Atlanta. This is not a happy, carefree time for this franchise. Your perception is off. This fan base perhaps is just as frustrated as we are about their team. They hate their coach, they hate their selfish style, and this thing is going to get BLOWN UP if they get swept. If they are smart, they focus on Horford and let Johnson walk as he is much like Maggette.... just KILLS ball movement with his love for getting the ball and just being isolated for one on one.

I dont know that Horford is or will become available, but I do know that this team is underachieved with the talent level they have and while it will start with the coach, they will be making big changes on this roster.

Just because a team is bad, does not mean all their players are available. Gasol is core building block for this team, while Atlanta (wrongfully in my mind) looks at Horford as more of a "glue" player.

Migya wrote:I'd prefer MGasol and think he'll get better himself as well

I have no problem with that. Both are very good players. The problem I had is you saying "Horford does not have much skill". There is no basis in reality in that statement and told me that you have not seen him play.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades