nba season awards

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 am
xbay wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:I'm pretty sure Crawford will win 6th man. But I get this feeling Steph will win ROY.

he's not xbay... i mean, as much as i think he was the best rookie, Evan's stats will make him the winner. Which sucks, cuz Curry was much better in the second half.

Too bad there's two halves....

I don't know man. I don't base my feeling cause I'm biased. I think it's an NBA thing.

Thing is, if Evans wins... I can only base it upon stats. I mean, look at what he had to work with up in Sac. Granted, the talent was completely better than ours, but he had more unselfish players to work with. Curry had to work with Maggette and Monta and bunch of d-leaguers plus Turiaf and Morrow.

That is exactly why I thought that what Curry did was more impressive. Evans was THE GUY in Sacramento. In fact, they traded their former #1 guy Martin just to show everybody that Evans was the guy there. Curry had to deal with all kinds of adversity, and that included dealing with some very me-first players who needed the ball in their hands just to have success.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:20 pm
Tarantism wrote:
xbay wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:I'm pretty sure Crawford will win 6th man. But I get this feeling Steph will win ROY.

he's not xbay... i mean, as much as i think he was the best rookie, Evan's stats will make him the winner. Which sucks, cuz Curry was much better in the second half.

Too bad there's two halves....

I don't know man. I don't base my feeling cause I'm biased. I think it's an NBA thing.

Thing is, if Evans wins... I can only base it upon stats. I mean, look at what he had to work with up in Sac. Granted, the talent was completely better than ours, but he had more unselfish players to work with. Curry had to work with Maggette and Monta and bunch of d-leaguers plus Turiaf and Morrow.

That is exactly why I thought that what Curry did was more impressive. Evans was THE GUY in Sacramento. In fact, they traded their former #1 guy Martin just to show everybody that Evans was the guy there. Curry had to deal with all kinds of adversity, and that included dealing with some very me-first players who needed the ball in their hands just to have success.

They had no choice but to trade Kevin Martin. Pure volume shooter, doesn't make anyone else better. Curry had 2 "me first" players to deal with, they don't show that in the stats though.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:48 pm
well he's certainly this boards ROTY

maybe we can all chip in and send him a little trophy lol
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:39 pm
So Evans got ROY and Curry got 2nd. Evans got total of 491 votes to Curry 391

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:18 pm
I just saw the NBA All Defensive Team. Am I the only person that doesn't get how Kobe is voted all defense team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:31 pm
i think kobe gets in there because he is known of his super defense against his own teammates - like freezing out gasol and taking any shot he can get just to not let the big euro fella be THE man.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:36 pm
JSU2004 wrote:I just saw the NBA All Defensive Team. Am I the only person that doesn't get how Kobe is voted all defense team.

reputation I suppose. Definately think he defense was below his standard this year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:30 pm
JSU2004 wrote:I just saw the NBA All Defensive Team. Am I the only person that doesn't get how Kobe is voted all defense team.

Haven't seen the all defensive team, can't find it.

The all nba team has been named and first team has Lebron and Dwight as unanimous selections, Kobe, Wade and Durant. Obviously not by position anymore or do they consider Durant or Lebron a PF.

Second team is Carmelo, Dirk, Nash, Deron and Amare.

Third team is Duncan, PGasol, Bogut, JJohnson and Roy

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:52 pm
go bogurt!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:06 pm
migya wrote:

Rondo, Bryant, Lebron, Gerald Wallace and Dwight Howard

Second team is Wade, Sefolosha, Josh Smith, Varejao and Duncan
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:28 pm
interesting Kobe got the nod when Artest generally takes the best opposition
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:42 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

I see Kobe and Lebron as odd picks in that first team. Lebron plays defense, but I've never seen awesome consistent defense from him, maybe someone can elaborate if indeed he is. Definately interesting teams

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:32 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

I see Kobe and Lebron as odd picks in that first team. Lebron plays defense, but I've never seen awesome consistent defense from him, maybe someone can elaborate if indeed he is. Definately interesting teams

Both probably shouldn't be there this year. Lebron is good, but I don't think he's the top defensive SF... but hey, sometimes rep is enough to propel you to these awards.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:51 am
I dont see nearly enough of EVERYONE in the leauge to gauge defense but I think Wade should have made it over Kobe for sure.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:33 pm
bada wrote:I dont see nearly enough of EVERYONE in the leauge to gauge defense but I think Wade should have made it over Kobe for sure.

D-Wade should definitely be ahead of Kobe.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum