Del Negro fired

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:46 am
Vinny Del Negro was fired. It'll officially be announced later today in the morning. Can't say I'm not surprised. Even though they made it to the playoffs in back to back seasons, the coaching from Del Negro was not impressive at all.

Wonder if that means John Paxson is on the hot seat for next season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:20 am
not too surprising after Paxon tried to strangle him. Or was it the other way around?

either way, that hire was a huge blunder from Paxon
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:41 am
Quazza wrote:not too surprising after Paxon tried to strangle him. Or was it the other way around?

either way, that hire was a huge blunder from Paxon



I read Paxson attacked Del Negro. Wonder what reason he could ever have for that. If it wasn't a real good one, like something personal, that was super unprofessional and the guy's a toss
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:29 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:not too surprising after Paxon tried to strangle him. Or was it the other way around?

either way, that hire was a huge blunder from Paxon



I read Paxson attacked Del Negro. Wonder what reason he could ever have for that. If it wasn't a real good one, like something personal, that was super unprofessional and the guy's a toss


are you, migya, saying that if i have personal issues with the guy next door, i should go and strangle him? :mrgreen:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:08 am
If i were the bulls, i would fire paxton as well... this team seems to always d do stupid moves, which i would blame paxton more than vinnie. They should start fresh.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:35 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:If i were the bulls, i would fire paxton as well... this team seems to always d do stupid moves, which i would blame paxton more than vinnie. They should start fresh.


Yep, Rose is great, although it wasn't a particularly difficult pick. But that team is going nowhere.

I think Del Negro was a better coach than most people think, tho. Just didn't have much talent other than Rose. He did more than enough by getting that team to the playoffs.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:38 pm
martin wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:not too surprising after Paxon tried to strangle him. Or was it the other way around?

either way, that hire was a huge blunder from Paxon



I read Paxson attacked Del Negro. Wonder what reason he could ever have for that. If it wasn't a real good one, like something personal, that was super unprofessional and the guy's a toss


are you, migya, saying that if i have personal issues with the guy next door, i should go and strangle him? :mrgreen:



If someone insults you badly or hits you, then you can retaliate, but in a professional/business environment, it has to be real personal to get physical
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:21 pm
I liked Vinny as a coach. One thing I can saw is his players always played hard, and he seemed to get the most out of his players. If they didn't still have Rose and Joakim, I'd hope they lose next year.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:33 pm
So what FO is more dysfunctional ours or theirs??? I dont think I would want a GM that is unprofessional enough to choke out his coach. A

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron