Comcast is mentally challenged.

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:46 pm
That is all I have to say about that.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:59 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:That is all I have to say about that.
hey everytime i watch a Al Davis press conference i see that comcast logo in the background. Can't be that bad if they sponsor one of the greatest teams on the planet
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:31 pm
Actually Comcast sponsoring the Raiders makes a lot of sense.

Futility furthering futility.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:00 am
what did comcast do to you Capt. Jack?... i got my problems with Cc (mostly how they continue to increase my bill, and decrease the amount of channels).
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:12 pm
My problems are more about them switching to digital without any notice, which left me with limited basic channels for a month. When I got the box for my TV it left me without my local HD channels that I got through the TV. So I can't watch CSN in HD without upgrading, and to watch football in HD, i have to unplug the coaxial cable from the box and screw it directly into the TV. BASTARDS!!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:25 pm
Do all you guys and gal have Comcast? My dad just switched us over to AT&T Uverse and well... I like it so much better.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:04 pm
I have Comcast cable, internet, and land line.

Land line, I do not use due to I can always just use my Metro xD so I cannot comment on that.

Internet, their modem is retarded and won't let me get back online on my PS3 after I reset it multiple times. We also had to buy our own wireless router so all of the computers in this house can get internet. Even though the internet is slightly faster than when we had AT&T.

Cable, I hate that little popup **** where it shows you whos calling when you don't even ****ing care and do not even answer the phone. I hate not being able to see **** in eastern time like I did on DirectTV. I also don't like how we have to upgrade to get HD on 2 TV's in my house, one of them is mine. Only good thing is OnDemand, but apparently this shitty box they gave me can't even play HD **** from OnDemand.

So I have more cons than pros for Comcast. **** em.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:41 am
BREAKING NEWS (for me): Comcast has just taken away television being aired on all my TV's not with a box (SO 4 out of my 5 TV's no longer have TV). Below, is the message that is found on all my TV's (some bullshit)"

"If you see this message, the TV you're watching isn't yet ready for comcast digital cable enhancements. If you are a residential customer, go to www.comcast.com/digitalcustomer to order your equiptment."

Anyone else have this on their screen?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:53 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:BREAKING NEWS (for me): Comcast has just taken away television being aired on all my TV's not with a box (SO 4 out of my 5 TV's no longer have TV). Below, is the message that is found on all my TV's (some bullshit)"

"If you see this message, the TV you're watching isn't yet ready for comcast digital cable enhancements. If you are a residential customer, go to www.comcast.com/digitalcustomer to order your equiptment."

Looks like I changed in the nick of time. I only had channels 2-33 without the box. I guess they made it official that you MUST get a box to watch tv... even if it's the small boxes not for HD, but just for regular tv.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 am
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:BREAKING NEWS (for me): Comcast has just taken away television being aired on all my TV's not with a box (SO 4 out of my 5 TV's no longer have TV). Below, is the message that is found on all my TV's (some bullshit)"

Looks like I changed in the nick of time. I only had channels 2-33 without the box. I guess they made it official that you MUST get a box to watch tv... even if it's the small boxes not for HD, but just for regular tv.

I hate Comcast and was going to switch to ATT, but they are a bitch to deal with. I was on the phone with them for over an hour trying to get an account set up and installation appointment, but the damn guy could not get my info right. I gave him my address over and over and every time he repeated it to me, it was something different. After an hour of it appearing to go nowhere, I said f*ck it and decided to stick with Comcast who at that moment seemed to be the lesser of 2 evils.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:03 am

that's what happened to me Aritz, they'll give you 2 boxes at no cost i believe. they did for us. It's a pain in the ass though. Just call comcast and they'll ship them to you, until then you'll have limited basic.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm
xbay wrote:

Research about digital TV and you'll find some interestin facts.

Something that many countries are enforcing digital tv and phasing out analogue tv over the next year or so

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:19 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:

Something that many countries are enforcing digital tv and phasing out analogue tv over the next year or so

Well, I don't have to worry about it, but I'm not surprised. They've been looking to change to 100% digital broadcasting and putting analogue in the past.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:21 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:

Well, I don't have to worry about it, but I'm not surprised. They've been looking to change to 100% digital broadcasting and putting analogue in the past.

but i DO have digital tv... just now comcast is requiring "digital enhancements" so it requires everyone to have a box. before, you were able to use a digital cable (thus, the reason its called cable in the first place) but these guys just want to flex their monopoly power)

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:03 pm
you gotta go with the Direct TV .....How else can you truely watch NFL?
Its the same price as Cc :?:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum