Del Negro fired

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Tue May 04, 2010 12:46 am
Vinny Del Negro was fired. It'll officially be announced later today in the morning. Can't say I'm not surprised. Even though they made it to the playoffs in back to back seasons, the coaching from Del Negro was not impressive at all.

Wonder if that means John Paxson is on the hot seat for next season.

All Star
» Tue May 04, 2010 1:20 am
not too surprising after Paxon tried to strangle him. Or was it the other way around?

either way, that hire was a huge blunder from Paxon

Hall of Famer
» Tue May 04, 2010 3:41 am
Quazza wrote:not too surprising after Paxon tried to strangle him. Or was it the other way around?

I read Paxson attacked Del Negro. Wonder what reason he could ever have for that. If it wasn't a real good one, like something personal, that was super unprofessional and the guy's a toss

All Star
» Tue May 04, 2010 4:29 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:not too surprising after Paxon tried to strangle him. Or was it the other way around?

I read Paxson attacked Del Negro. Wonder what reason he could ever have for that. If it wasn't a real good one, like something personal, that was super unprofessional and the guy's a toss

are you, migya, saying that if i have personal issues with the guy next door, i should go and strangle him? :mrgreen:

» Tue May 04, 2010 7:08 am
If i were the bulls, i would fire paxton as well... this team seems to always d do stupid moves, which i would blame paxton more than vinnie. They should start fresh.

Hall of Famer
» Tue May 04, 2010 7:35 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:If i were the bulls, i would fire paxton as well... this team seems to always d do stupid moves, which i would blame paxton more than vinnie. They should start fresh.

Yep, Rose is great, although it wasn't a particularly difficult pick. But that team is going nowhere.

I think Del Negro was a better coach than most people think, tho. Just didn't have much talent other than Rose. He did more than enough by getting that team to the playoffs.

Hall of Famer
» Tue May 04, 2010 11:38 pm
martin wrote:
migya wrote:

are you, migya, saying that if i have personal issues with the guy next door, i should go and strangle him? :mrgreen:

If someone insults you badly or hits you, then you can retaliate, but in a professional/business environment, it has to be real personal to get physical

Rookie
» Thu May 06, 2010 3:21 pm
I liked Vinny as a coach. One thing I can saw is his players always played hard, and he seemed to get the most out of his players. If they didn't still have Rose and Joakim, I'd hope they lose next year.

All Star
» Thu May 06, 2010 3:33 pm
So what FO is more dysfunctional ours or theirs??? I dont think I would want a GM that is unprofessional enough to choke out his coach. A