The All MMA Things Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:44 am
xbay wrote:
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:ufc 113 in a week and the rematch of Machida v Rua is the main event. I like Machida more, but Rua was the true winner of their first fight a few months ago, should be a good fight, hopefully with alot more action.

Koscheck goes against the large Welterweight Paul Daley in what should be a real good fight. Koscheck is looking to be the next #1 contender and if he wins this, he likely will get the next shot at GSP, especially since Alves and Fitch fight later for the supposed #1 contender. Daley is a bit of a monster at that weight and he smashed through Hazelett easily

i use kos when i play undisputed all the time so i'll be cheerin for him to win..

I think Daley will win. Dude is talkin' a lot of head, lately... and I don't really like him, but I think he'll win. I can only see Koscheck winning if he takes Daley down.

Koscheck is real touch and a good striker himself, but yea, his best bet is to take Daley down, which won't be easy as Daley is so big and strong. I pick Koscheck, but I think he should have a rematch with Paulo Thiago, who won by lucky KO in their first fight about a year ago, and the winner of Alves v Fitch should be the next Welterweight fight against GSP. I really want to see GSP v ASilva at Middleweight

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:22 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:ufc 113 in a week and the rematch of Machida v Rua is the main event. I like Machida more, but Rua was the true winner of their first fight a few months ago, should be a good fight, hopefully with alot more action.

Koscheck goes against the large Welterweight Paul Daley in what should be a real good fight. Koscheck is looking to be the next #1 contender and if he wins this, he likely will get the next shot at GSP, especially since Alves and Fitch fight later for the supposed #1 contender. Daley is a bit of a monster at that weight and he smashed through Hazelett easily

i use kos when i play undisputed all the time so i'll be cheerin for him to win..

I think Daley will win. Dude is talkin' a lot of head, lately... and I don't really like him, but I think he'll win. I can only see Koscheck winning if he takes Daley down.

Koscheck is real touch and a good striker himself, but yea, his best bet is to take Daley down, which won't be easy as Daley is so big and strong. I pick Koscheck, but I think he should have a rematch with Paulo Thiago, who won by lucky KO in their first fight about a year ago, and the winner of Alves v Fitch should be the next Welterweight fight against GSP. I really want to see GSP v ASilva at Middleweight

Yeah, I believe the rumor was the winner of Koscheck/Daley would coach against GSP on the next season of TUF and then end up fighting each other following the end of the season. I think this would be the first time in daaaaaaaaays, that the coaches finally fought each other right after. (i.e. Ortiz/Liddell won't fight, Rampage/Evans didn't fight but finally are)

Everyone wants to see GSP/Silva. It's the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight for the UFC. I really think the only people holding it back it are Dana White and Joe Silva.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:22 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
8th ave wrote:

Yeah, I believe the rumor was the winner of Koscheck/Daley would coach against GSP on the next season of TUF and then end up fighting each other following the end of the season. I think this would be the first time in daaaaaaaaays, that the coaches finally fought each other right after. (i.e. Ortiz/Liddell won't fight, Rampage/Evans didn't fight but finally are)

Everyone wants to see GSP/Silva. It's the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight for the UFC. I really think the only people holding it back it are Dana White and Joe Silva.

GSP v ASilva would be the biggest fight in UFC history by far. The two top ranked pound for pound fighters in the world going against each other, the two longest reigning champions

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:52 am
machida > hua
kos > daley
kimbo > mitrione
stout > stephens
belcher > cote
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:53 pm
Damn. I'm kind of type-less. I was rooting for Machida, but always had a feeling (even before the first fight) that Rua had the right tools win. Sucks to be right.

Just one question: Where was this Shogun when he first came over to the UFC?!? Bastard tricked me into a false hope.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:10 pm
fine wrote:Damn. I'm kind of type-less. I was rooting for Machida, but always had a feeling (even before the first fight) that Rua had the right tools win. Sucks to be right.

Just one question: Where was this Shogun when he first came over to the UFC?!? Bastard tricked me into a false hope.

WOW

Rua destroys Machida in about three minutes of the first round. Machida's apparent reign as Light Heavyweight champion ends before it really begins. Shogun was awful when he first arrived in the UFC, but has been awesome the last three fights or so.

Koscheck beats Daley and really sets himself up for a likely title shot this year

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:35 am
8th ave wrote:machida > hua
kos > daley
kimbo > mitrione
stout > stephens
belcher > cote

I can't believe you chose Kimbo over Mitrione! The guy has zero ground game.

migya wrote:
fine wrote:Damn. I'm kind of type-less. I was rooting for Machida, but always had a feeling (even before the first fight) that Rua had the right tools win. Sucks to be right.

WOW

Rua destroys Machida in about three minutes of the first round. Machida's apparent reign as Light Heavyweight champion ends before it really begins. Shogun was awful when he first arrived in the UFC, but has been awesome the last three fights or so.

Koscheck beats Daley and really sets himself up for a likely title shot this year

Machida looked nervous or something, cause he kept changing stances. Shogun looked great... he stuck to his leg kicks and started to engage with his punches at the right time. He rocked Machida, which I think led to why he fell after Shogun's right hook to the noggin... cause that didn't seem like the type of hit you'd expect to floor someone with. I'm really happy for Shogun... he's got a strong shot at keeping that title for a long, long time.

Next up, most likely Rampage.... or at least, I see Rampage beating Rashad, leading to a Rampage/Shogun 2. That'll be a hell of a fight. And you know this opens the door for Silva to enter the LHW realm since now Machida is no longer champion.

Koscheck... dude talked so much crap after the fight about GSP and Canada, he's about to lose... AGAIN. Best part of the fight was at the very end when Daley sucker punched him in the face. Never talk smack about hockey... especially when you're in CANADA. Koscheck is about to get beat by GSP... AGAIN.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:08 am
why would anybody talk **** about GSP? he'll destroy you and anyway he's a pretty humble dude. I know koschek is trying to play the villain role. There was an article in the Mercury news talking about this. But come on, just fight man.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:55 pm
xbay wrote:
kos > daley
kimbo > mitrione
stout > stephens
belcher > cote

migya wrote:

WOW

Machida looked nervous or something, cause he kept changing stances. Shogun looked great... he stuck to his leg kicks and started to engage with his punches at the right time. He rocked Machida, which I think led to why he fell after Shogun's right hook to the noggin... cause that didn't seem like the type of hit you'd expect to floor someone with. I'm really happy for Shogun... he's got a strong shot at keeping that title for a long, long time.

Next up, most likely Rampage.... or at least, I see Rampage beating Rashad, leading to a Rampage/Shogun 2. That'll be a hell of a fight. And you know this opens the door for Silva to enter the LHW realm since now Machida is no longer champion.

Koscheck... dude talked so much crap after the fight about GSP and Canada, he's about to lose... AGAIN. Best part of the fight was at the very end when Daley sucker punched him in the face. Never talk smack about hockey... especially when you're in CANADA. Koscheck is about to get beat by GSP... AGAIN.

you is trippin young buck... it's always easy to say "aw man, i can't believe you picked this guy to win," after the fight happened... i think i posted that well before the fight and i didn't see you comment on it then.

he didn't talk **** about hockey... he just said that canada was gonna lose 2 things, one being the hockey playoff game, and gsp losing the belt. that's not even talkin ****.

and the best thing about the fight being the sucker punch? that's bullshit... you need to grow up... that's about the most dumbest, most stupid thing you could ever do... that **** is juvenile and it has no room in ANY sport on ANY level... gtfo

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:22 pm
8th ave wrote:
xbay wrote:
kos > daley
kimbo > mitrione
stout > stephens
belcher > cote

migya wrote:

WOW

you is trippin young buck... it's always easy to say "aw man, i can't believe you picked this guy to win," after the fight happened... i think i posted that well before the fight and i didn't see you comment on it then.

he didn't talk **** about hockey... he just said that canada was gonna lose 2 things, one being the hockey playoff game, and gsp losing the belt. that's not even talkin ****.

and the best thing about the fight being the sucker punch? that's bullshit... you need to grow up... that's about the most dumbest, most stupid thing you could ever do... that **** is juvenile and it has no room in ANY sport on ANY level... gtfo

That was really unnecessary, 8th ave. I'm not even going to respond to this. If you wanna use names and get smart with me, that's fine. Just know the only one handling themselves in an immature young buck is you.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:14 pm
xbay wrote:
8th ave wrote:
xbay wrote:
kos > daley
kimbo > mitrione
stout > stephens
belcher > cote

migya wrote:

WOW

That was really unnecessary, 8th ave. I'm not even going to respond to this. If you wanna use names and get smart with me, that's fine. Just know the only one handling themselves in an immature young buck is you.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:18 pm
8th, I understand the point you were trying to make, however the young buck and the gtfo were unecessary and out of line!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:10 pm
Now that I'm in a calmer mood than I was earlier, I'll answer.

1) Yes, I was late in saying you picking Kimbo over Mitrione was crazy. My fault. I had Mitrione winning the fight, and I thought you did too. 'Til I realized that your post said you had Kimbo winning.

2) Okay, he didn't talk sh*t about hockey, but he did talk sh*t about how his Penguins were going to kick the Canadiens a*s. Not sure how you don't see that as trash talk. He was boasting about his hockey team and himself winning. That's pretty much a cocky SOB talking trash.

3) I was kidding. I should of put a Mr. Green after that, that's my fault. The fight was boring. All they did was talk smack to each back and forth while they were on the ground. So after the fight when Daley cheap shotted Koscheck, it was just a running joke between me and my friends that it was the best part of the fight cause it was the most action we saw.

It was a couple misunderstandings between you and I. Yes, I made some mistakes, but I only wished you replied in a more respectful manner. You've been on this board for a while now, and I've never seen you come out the boat like that. So it really disappointed me to read that from you. I know you're better than that. Remember, I'm young... and any typical youngster would of blasted you on the spot. I just so happened to choose a different path to avoid any major vulgar conflict.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:37 pm
bada wrote:8th, I understand the point you were trying to make, however the young buck and the gtfo were unecessary and out of line!

Yea, a bit nasty, but these two guys are good guys on here and will get over this little thing.

Can't wait to actually see the Koscheck v Daley fight, only saw the end with the sucker punch

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:55 pm
really tho? for "young buck" and "gtfo"? i don't have any regrets for saying what i did.

and seriously... even if you put some smiley faces at the end of the paragraph, it wouldn't have changed anything. it would look like this,

Koscheck... dude talked so much crap after the fight about GSP and Canada, he's about to lose... AGAIN. Best part of the fight was at the very end when Daley sucker punched him in the face. Never talk smack about hockey... especially when you're in CANADA. Koscheck is about to get beat by GSP... AGAIN. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:.

to me it just makes you sound even MORE dumb and ignorant... i reacted the way i did because i saw a moderator condoning horrible, reckless, and unacceptable behavior... and now he's trying to cover himself up for it...

but what the fuk ever... im not here to have stupid internet arguement on whose right and whose wrong... i just want to discuss the sport that i like watching.... so this is where i ignore any response on whether or not if my reaction was out of line

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : Dana White says that Paul Daley is done with the UFC. He also said that he doesn't care if Paul Daley becomes the best pound for pound fighter, he's never going to step back into the octagon which I think is the absolutely right decision and i applaud him for it. I only hope that the Quebec Athletic Commission suspends his fighting license and that other organizations like Strikeforce stray away from signing him.

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board