The Tampa Bay Choke Artists Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 am
PAWNO wrote:Hey bro,

I said you'd be in the mix (as in 5 or 6 wins come End of NOV)

Week 12: @ Baltimore
Week 13: vs Atlanta
Week 14: @ Washington
Week 15: vs Detroit
Week 16: vs Seattle
Week 17: @ New Orleans

Favorable draw towards the end of the year where you could be looking at a loss @ BALTIMORE but then not losing again til Naw'Leans in week 17, unless you believe the majority of those 5-6 wins come like they did last season (towards the end of your season)

You can beat most of those teams week 13 thru 16 with the onyl Bogey game being Donovan McNabb in Washington (But Altanta could be a gimme considering it's at home against a division FOE)


And I wouldn't be surprised if we start 3-0. We play our first game at the RayJay vs Cleveland, have a trip to Carolina after that and host Pittsburgh (minus Big Ben) before the bye week. All those games are winnable, so we could be looking at a 3-0 start (or a 0-3, which wouldn't be that unusual).

We also have St. Louis at the RayJay by mid-season, so a 6 win record is something this team can achieve. There's no excuse to end with a 3 win record again.


btw:


Image

I'm loving this kid already... :headbang:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:49 am
Busy day for the Bucs.

Release BJ Askew and Chris Hovan and trying to unload Clayton and Sims.

Nothing earthshattering however and probably expected from Buc followers.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:38 am
bada wrote:Busy day for the Bucs.

Release BJ Askew and Chris Hovan and trying to unload Clayton and Sims.

Nothing earthshattering however and probably expected from Buc followers.


Meaning... ME!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Yeah, actually, I expected them to cut Sims and trade Hovan (if possible), because Hovan is old, but still is able to be part of a rotation and help. Just not enough to rely on him to anchor... well, anything. Sims is a waste of a roster spot.

Guess they thought age was a big issue with Hovan. Or maybe they decided to let him decide for himself where to keep playing (if he finds a taker, that is).

A shame about Askew, tho, because he's a really good blocking FB, probably among the league best. But he can't stay healthy.

Clayton... well, good riddance, Mike. You had your chance. Actually, you had MUCH MORE than that. Doubt they can move him, and if they do, it'll be no more than a 7th rounder. Crab hands do not have much value in this league.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:12 pm
TMC wrote:O-Line: Donald Penn/Arron Sears/Jeff Faine/Davin Joseph/Jeremy Trueblood/Xavier Fulton/Jeremy Zuttah.- There are more guys, but those are the ones that matter. Seems like Sears will be back after not being able to play last year, and that's gonna be a big boost.


Not in the cards... Sears was released today. Along with:
FB B.J. Askew, DT Chris Hovan, G Shawn Murphy, P Sam Paulescu, G and CB Stoney Woodson.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:55 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:O-Line: Donald Penn/Arron Sears/Jeff Faine/Davin Joseph/Jeremy Trueblood/Xavier Fulton/Jeremy Zuttah.- There are more guys, but those are the ones that matter. Seems like Sears will be back after not being able to play last year, and that's gonna be a big boost.


Not in the cards... Sears was released today. Along with:
FB B.J. Askew, DT Chris Hovan, G Shawn Murphy, P Sam Paulescu, G and CB Stoney Woodson.


:shock:

Wow, never saw that one coming. Guess the concussion that forced him to miss last year was really bad, because he was solid while he was healthy. It only hurts our depth, because Zuttah is ready to step right in... but it's shocking nonetheless, unless it's done due to medical concerns.

As for the rest, I thought they'd keep Paulescu during training camp, as insurance... but hey, no biggie. It just happened sooner than expected.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:49 pm
First depth chart of the Bucs after the draft, according to Morris:

DEFENSE

LDE Kyle Moore
NT Brian Price
DT Gerald McCoy
RDE Stylez White
MLB Barrett Ruud
WSLB Geno Hayes
SSLB Quincy Black
RCB Ronde Barber
LCB Aqib Talib
FS Tanard Jackson
SS Sabby Piscitelli

OFFENSE

RT Jeremy Trueblood
RG Davin Joseph
C Jeff Faine
LG Jeremy Zuttah
LT Donald Penn
TE Kellen Winslow
RB Cadillac Williams
FB Earnest Graham
WR Arrelious Benn
WR Mike Williams
QB Josh Freeman

P Brent Bowden

PK Conner Barth

KR Clifton Smith


Of course, everything can change between now and season opener, but it's interesting to see 5 rookies in there.

Although I still cringe when I see Sabby's name in there. Really, really hope Sean Jones has enough left to beat him in traning camp.


Oh, and seems like Arron Sears' football career might be in danger. He's had some kind of undisclosed setback, and that's the reason he was cut.

Here's hoping everything's alright with him in the near future. Really sad if his career ends like this.


EDIT: Here's a short story about Sears' problems. Lots of things are unknown, but you'll get the idea of what's going on from this article:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article1021165.ece
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:53 pm
yes, that is a lot of rookie starters. And both rookie WR's huh. Hopefully that works out a bit better for you guys than it did for the Raiders. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:55 pm
bada wrote:yes, that is a lot of rookie starters. And both rookie WR's huh. Hopefully that works out a bit better for you guys than it did for the Raiders. :wink:


You seem to forget we DO have a QB... :wink: :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:59 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:yes, that is a lot of rookie starters. And both rookie WR's huh. Hopefully that works out a bit better for you guys than it did for the Raiders. :wink:


You seem to forget we DO have a QB... :wink: :mrgreen:


oh yeah! In comparison your guy is a hall of famer. LOL

Although I am not convinced about freeman although he was much better than I thought he would be in his rookie year.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:02 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:yes, that is a lot of rookie starters. And both rookie WR's huh. Hopefully that works out a bit better for you guys than it did for the Raiders. :wink:


You seem to forget we DO have a QB... :wink: :mrgreen:


oh yeah! In comparison your guy is a hall of famer. LOL

Although I am not convinced about freeman although he was much better than I thought he would be in his rookie year.


Oh, same here. That's why I'm so optimistic. He showed potential, but also that swagger you expect of your team leader. I can't wait to see him play with some real weapons, because he didn't have anybody other than Kellen to throw to last year.

We'll have a much clear idea of what he can do after this season...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:49 am
Image

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:54 am
Am I sensing a man-crush? Hopefully bigs does not see this. He will be jealous!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:00 am
bada wrote:Am I sensing a man-crush? Hopefully bigs does not see this. He will be jealous!


You think Bigs would have a chance against McCoy???. I'm not so sure... although it's true Bigs has a few tricks of his own... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 am
This pic is pretty cool.

With you... the whole 2010 Bucs rookie crop.

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:40 pm
EDITED BY TMC
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron