GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:54 am
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy f*ck. :shock:

Ok, Honest Harry time.............I didnt even read the title of the thread, nor what I was being lured into.............I just vacantly clicked (mostly what I can manage at the moment) and saw Xbay's comment. :wink:

So..........erm.............yeah, not sure Ill be much use here..............if it was a legends draft or something I might be able to scrape not being shat on by everyone............but as it stands, not sure I can do this thing people, and I wouldnt want to be the sh*t guy whos just making up the numbers.

F*ck.............Ive got to start paying attention more, still feeling so "meh" at the moment.

Enjoy! and my apologies once more. :oops:

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:50 pm
To be honest, i don't really mind an off-line draft.... i typically do my two leagues each year, and the other one is an online one, so having a balance method of how the draft occurs is fun and a completely different draft strategy. SO i vote off-line for this forum one.

BTW, my league which i personally do each year (aka the divisions one) will be online, as always.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:To be honest, i don't really mind an off-line draft.... i typically do my two leagues each year, and the other one is an online one, so having a balance method of how the draft occurs is fun and a completely different draft strategy. SO i vote off-line for this forum one.

BTW, my league which i personally do each year (aka the divisions one) will be online, as always.

yeah well if BIGS really wants out then i'm sure we could go Offline... It's just i thought could of used the rankings and shii, but anywho ... have you made a decision yet of who's getting the boot from your league so me and Aussie Biedrins can have our own seperate teams?

& any chance you could work the divisions so me, Ozbeans, Xbay & TMC can all run our own independant teams (means the 12 team lineup moves from 4x3TeamDIVS to 3x4TeamDIVS??

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:03 pm
PAWNO wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:To be honest, i don't really mind an off-line draft.... i typically do my two leagues each year, and the other one is an online one, so having a balance method of how the draft occurs is fun and a completely different draft strategy. SO i vote off-line for this forum one.

yeah well if BIGS really wants out then i'm sure we could go Offline... It's just i thought could of used the rankings and shii, but anywho ... have you made a decision yet of who's getting the boot from your league so me and Aussie Biedrins can have our own seperate teams?

& any chance you could work the divisions so me, Ozbeans, Xbay & TMC can all run our own independant teams (means the 12 team lineup moves from 4x3TeamDIVS to 3x4TeamDIVS??

The reason why divisions are 4 divisions per 3 teams is so that it works out perfectly where each team plays every non-division team once, AND every division team twice... it won't work out the other way.

And expect a roll call for the other league next month.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:11 pm
I didn't read the entire thread , however if their are any spots left I'll take a team
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:14 pm
(just wack off more if you are bored. lol )

qoute of the year :D
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:10 am
Just been pondering keeper league architecture. 2X Offensive playmaker{QB,2xRB,3xWR} & the choice of a kicker/defense. If there's roughly 12 teams in the league (xbay-Bada-tmc-pawn-joel-alwaysnext-MrC-OzBean & 4 other yet to be confirmed participants)

the beauty about having a league of 12 is that if someone decides to quit. The replacement competitor would get to choose 2 offensive players & a Def/ST. If the new player was coming into a situation where he thought that guys team really sucked then he/she could forfeit the 2 players in exchange for the 2 first picks in next years draft. If there was 2 competitors or 3 competitors who pulled out ONe year then the draft pick selection would be on who finished with a weakest record. I do have a gripe with rewarding 3 picks if someone wanted to forfeit there def/ST on top of there 2 players. As def/ST have less value then the selection of either or must be chosen {or perhaps a supplemental draft on the def/St }

now all we need to do is go recruit our 4 remaining participants. GSWUnited &Eman always participate in these fantasy Comps every year & i'm sure one of the many lurkers or contributors of the nfl thread would be keen to join. Perhaps we can send out feelers of who's keen on joining a fantasy league but i'm pretty sure someones excitemenu will appear as training camp polls around.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:17 am
My apologies but when i refer to a Def/St i meant to say u can have a choice of either a Defense squad or a kicker?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:51 am
PAWNO wrote:My apologies but when i refer to a Def/St i meant to say u can have a choice of either a Defense squad or a kicker?

It's gotta be both. A defense AND a K. What's the point of choosing between one or the other?

btw, take it easy, buddy. I've had to erase 5 of your posts. You posted the same one 6 times... A bit trigger happy? :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:16 pm
TMC wrote:
PAWNO wrote:My apologies but when i refer to a Def/St i meant to say u can have a choice of either a Defense squad or a kicker?

It's gotta be both. A defense AND a K. What's the point of choosing between one or the other?

btw, take it easy, buddy. I've had to erase 5 of your posts. You posted the same one 6 times... A bit trigger happy? :wink:

i said choice of def or kicker cause it makes it interesting which one u keep. They both key ingredients to a team but usually not the points impact of a starting offensive player. I dunno. Just a thought!

I was also speaking to ozbeans & he suggested a auction draft could be fun. Certainlly the idea of having same players as the guys your competing with doesn't interest me & due to the no salary cap this year, i personally feel it's the inappropriate format
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:47 pm
PAWNO wrote:
TMC wrote:

i said choice of def or kicker cause it makes it interesting which one u keep. They both key ingredients to a team but usually not the points impact of a starting offensive player. I dunno. Just a thought!

I was also speaking to ozbeans & he suggested a auction draft could be fun. Certainlly the idea of having same players as the guys your competing with doesn't interest me & due to the no salary cap this year, i personally feel it's the inappropriate format

In an auction draft you do not have the same players as anyone else. However auction drafts really only work and are fun if EVERYONE is in the same room together during the draft.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:54 pm
bada wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
TMC wrote:

In an auction draft you do not have the same players as anyone else. However auction drafts really only work and are fun if EVERYONE is in the same room together during the draft.

Yeah... could be fun, but i doubt we could all get together?

Can you do multipeople skype conferencing perhaps (Dont know about the Aussie or Spanish LAG ... I put my hand up to bid on AP & next thing you know they process my bid as DHB )

8)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:26 pm
auction is not really an option for our league. First of all, a good auction draft will take upwards of 8 hours and we ALL need to be present. Not going to happen.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:08 pm
bada wrote:auction is not really an option for our league. First of all, a good auction draft will take upwards of 8 hours and we ALL need to be present. Not going to happen.

Yep. It can't be auction for us. It would take too long, and even tho I'm sure we can manage to have an online draft succesfully, it's gotta be a regular one, because I doubt we'll be able to make it if it takes more than an hour or an hour and a half.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:56 am
So Tmc. Hella bored warriors ain't playing n nfl offseason drags on like the time it takes a constipated dude to clear his bowels. Tell me a defense rookie fantasy football question. Which Afc n Nfc teams most likely upgraded there defenses in fantasyland this year by having strong draft.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum