The Tampa Bay Choke Artists Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:21 pm
McCoy is going to be awesome great pick.

Ugh on Brian Price. Dont like him or that pick at all.

Love the Benn pick though. Pretty solid so far for the Bucs other than price.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:28 am
bada wrote:McCoy is going to be awesome great pick.

Ugh on Brian Price. Dont like him or that pick at all.

Love the Benn pick though. Pretty solid so far for the Bucs other than price.

Yeah, I love the McCoy (easiest pick in the draft, tho) and Benn picks. Actually, I forgot about Benn in my previous post about who I wanted in the second, but I'm really happy we got him.

I think we could have gone in a different direction with our first second rounder (Nate Allen would have been great... Kindle as well, but that knee is really scary if it's as bad as they say), but don't really hate the Price pick. I think they want McCoy to succeed no matter what, and if that means taking another DT to play NT and free up McCoy, so be it. I guess that's the reasoning...

I would have gone with Nate Allen, tho... Sabby is just terrible and has to be replaced.

Guys I want for today:

Carlton Mitchell
Mardy Gilyard
Reshad Jones

I'll be happy with any of them with our next pick.

Don't know much about the players out of the top of the 4th round, tho...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:31 am
PAWNO wrote:Bro. I left a bait in my last post. I thought u'd pick it up. Milki Moore? Come on now man. I thought u knew about the nfc south

You think I have the time to nitpick everything you post, Pawno?. Of course I knew you were talking about Matt Moore...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:21 am
TMC wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Bro. I left a bait in my last post. I thought u'd pick it up. Milki Moore? Come on now man. I thought u knew about the nfc south

You think I have the time to nitpick everything you post, Pawno?. Of course I knew you were talking about Matt Moore...

Haha lol ...

:bday:

Ok bro, but sometimes i feel like my stupidity makes your day.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:22 am
Mike Williams... A steal in terms of talent and physical tools, but a walking red flag regarding character... Guess it might be worth the risk in the 4th, but I would have rather get Mitchell instead.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:38 pm
Ok, I'll do a long recapt of the draft tomorrow, but I'm really happy with the way it went. We didn't reach for anybody, filled needs (although we still have a glaring hole at DE and could use an improvement at S) and didn't take many risks with our top picks. I think we had a top 3 draft, up there with Seattle and, probably, the Raiders (ouch). Very happy with it...

Just wanted to talk about a trade that took place in the last round, and that involved Denver and the Bucs, with the Broncos trading a 5th round next year for... two seven rounders this year!!!.

Is it me or Denver has had the weirdest draft we've seen in years (and I'm being kind)?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:05 pm
TMC wrote:
Is it me or Denver has had the weirdest draft we've seen in years (and I'm being kind)?

Hey i'm not complaining dude...

Josh McDaniels will certainly be looking for a new job sometime mid-season

Dude has turned over PROBOWL Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall & has got absolutely nothing to show for it (Tim Tebow didn't warrant 1st rounder)

Man the new coach next year will be loving the other pick in the Jay Cutler trade to REBUILD this roster
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:06 am
Ok, time to take a look at the Bucs after the draft, position by positio:

QB:Josh Freeman/Josh Johnson/Jevan Snead.- Raheem and Dominick labeled Freeman as their franchise player last year. Now he has some toys to play with. Josh Johnson is gonna be a career backup, but there are worse jobs than that. Just signed Snead, who probably will go to practice squad this year.

RB: Carnell Williams/Derrick Ward/Kareem Huggins/Clifton Smith.- Caddy still has to sign his tender, but he'll do in a few days. He'll be the starter right away, and if he delivers, he'll get a big contract after the season. Ward... don't really know why he hasn't been cut yet. Huggins has a lot of potential and I'd like him to be Caddy's backup instead of Ward. Clifton Smith is a top return man in the NFL, but that's it.

Gonna be a interesting year, because all of those guys will be playing for their future. If they perform well, they'll be rewarded. If not, we'll look for a RB in next year's draft.

FB: Earnest Graham/BJ Askew/Chris Pressley.- Graham is more of a RB, but Rah has moved him to FB, and he's doing everything they require of him, even tho it hurts his value. I love that guy. Askew is good, but he's one of the most injury prone guys in the roster. Pressley is just insurance.

WR: Arrelious Benn/Mike Williams/Michael Clayton/Reggie Brown/Sammie Stroughter/Mo Stovall/Mark Bradley/Michael Spurlock.- There are a few more, but won't be around for too long. The two rookies will have a chance to start right away, that's how bad our WR corps were. Stroughter can be a good slot WR, Stovall is good but can't stay healthy, Clayton sucks and should be cut and Brown and Bradley are question marks. Spurlock is insurance for the return game only.

I'd cut Clayton and let the rest of the guys battle it out during training camp to decide each position. Nothing's set in stone here.

TE: Kellen Winslow/Jerramy Stevens/John Gilmore/Ryan Purvis.- This is Kellen's team. The rest of the guys are just insurance. Purvis probably won't even make the team if Gilmore is ready to go.

O-Line: Donald Penn/Arron Sears/Jeff Faine/Davin Joseph/Jeremy Trueblood/Xavier Fulton/Jeremy Zuttah.- There are more guys, but those are the ones that matter. Seems like Sears will be back after not being able to play last year, and that's gonna be a big boost. Still have trouble with our Ts, as Trueblood led the NFL in penalties and Penn was overweight last season. Wouldn't surprise me if Fulton replaces Trueblood as RT... Zuttah is insurance to play inside, at both guard spots and C.

DT: Chris Hovan, Ryan Sims, Roy Miller, Gerald McCoy, Brian Price, Dre Moore.- Sims and Moore should be cut right away. Hovan might stay, only as insurance one more year, but the rotation should be between McCoy, Price and Miller. Our weakest spot last year got solved in the draft and should develop into one of the strongets points of this team. Great job.

DE: Stylez G. White/Kyle Moore/Erik Lorig/Tim Crowder/Michael Bennet.- This is one hole we didn't solve in the draft. White is underrated and I'm perfectly happy starting him, but the other end is gonne be a problem for us. Crowder will battle it out with Moore during training camp, now that Moore has shed some weight (that Jim Bates forced him to get) and is healthy again. Lorig and Bennet will battle it out as well... to make the team. I'm thinking we might see one of the DTs slid here at times, maybe Roy Miller.

OLB: Geno Hayes/Quincy Black/Angelo Crowell/Dekoda Watson/Adam Hayward/Jon Alston.- Geno Hayes played really well last year and is our starting WLB. I'm thrilled about having him as a full time starter for a whole training camp. As for SLB, I didn't like Quincy Black that much last year, and Crowell was injured for the whole season. Plus, I love our 7th round pick, Dekoda Watson, who I consider one of the steals of the draft after getting him that late. It should be pretty open. Hayward is gonna enter his third season and hasn't done a thing, should be cut right away. Don't know much about Alston, other than he was a Raiders backup, so I'm not counting on seeing him much.

ILB: Barrett Ruud/Niko Koutivides.- Ruud is gonna play for his long term contract, and now should have a lot more help than last year from the D-Line, so no excuses this time. He made a ton of tackles last season, but most of them were after the seven yard mark. It's his time to shine or he might be let go after next year. Koutivides won't see the field much if Ruud is healthy.

CB: Aqib Talib/Ronde Barber/Elbert Mack/Myron Lewis/E.J. Biggers/Derrick Roberson.-.- Talib is a pro bowl talent if he's focused on the game. Barber will play his last year of football, but his leadership is gonna be invaluable. Mack and Lewis will battle it out in training camp for the nickel spot, and the plan is let Lewis develop and be Barber's replacement after next season. Biggers and Roberson also will have a training camp battle of their own to make the team.

S: Tanard Jackson/Sean Jones/Sabby Piscitelly/Cody Grimm/Corey Lynch.- Piscitelly sucks, so the starters should be Jackson and Jones. I really like Jackson, and Jones looked good a couple of years ago in Cleveland, not so much last season in Philly. But he can't be worse than Piscitelly. He's gonna be a one year fix, because we really do have to get a S next year. Our 7th rounder, Grimm, is probably gonna have to fight his way into the roster with Lynch, but I've heard Rah really likes him for special teams, so there's that...

K/P: Connor Barth/Brent Bowden/Sam Paulescu.- Connor Barth did a good job as our K last season and fully deserves to be back as a clear cut starter this year. As for our P, it will be a training camp battle, but Paulescu was average last year, and I don't think they used a 6th rounder on Bowden if they weren't sure they were improving the position.

So that's it. We have a MUCH improved roster this year, with some holes left (both Ts, the SS and, above any other position, our RE are far from adequate) and several training camp battles, but this team is rebuilding in the right direction and I think we can be back in playoff contention in two, three years.

There are some moves I'd still do to improve this team, like signing Darren Sharper, who's still available, to a one year deal to improve our SS position and look for help at DE, but I'm really happy with the state of the team after the draft. So much that I don't care about not having signed anybody of notice in free agency.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:15 am
Very nice breakdown TMC thanks! Yep, the Bucs are looking a lot better.

edit: I hate trying to type with a PS3 controller!
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 am
Chum wrote:Very nice breakdown TMC thanks! Yep, the Bucs are looking a lot better.

Still no better than a 5-6 win team for next year, but I'll take that. A few more tweaks and this team can be really good in a couple of seasons.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:25 pm
Definately improving the talent there in Tampa. I still have big questions about their coach. I am sure he learned a ton last year
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:59 pm
bada wrote:Definately improving the talent there in Tampa. I still have big questions about their coach. I am sure he learned a ton last year

Me too... :wink:

But, you know, he looked like a totally different coach during the last three games of last year, particularly since he fired Bates and changed back to the Tampa 2. Those games were enough to get him another year, and he has to show improvement this year, with all these new guys and an easier schedule. I think he needs 5 or 6 wins, and a better overall performance to have some job security.

I'm definitely rooting for him... but the questions will be there til he answers them.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:02 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:Definately improving the talent there in Tampa. I still have big questions about their coach. I am sure he learned a ton last year

Me too... :wink:

But, you know, he looked like a totally different coach during the last three games of last year, particularly since he fired Bates and changed back to the Tampa 2. Those games were enough to get him another year, and he has to show improvement this year, with all these new guys and an easier schedule. I think he needs 5 or 6 wins, and a better overall performance to have some job security.

I'm definitely rooting for him... but the questions will be there til he answers them.

Young coaches, Let me just say that Rahemm Morris should be employed longer then Josh McDaniels.

I think Raheem Morris & his draft basically has him having 1 foot in the door, where Josh McDaniels has one foot out the door.

NFC SOUTH is going to be a very tight division in my opinion. NAWLEANS is a lock to return to the post season, but i believe all 3 other teams could very well be in the mix come End Nov/Start Dec

If anything, i think the Falcons will continue to slide with there losing ways they had towards the end of last season. & John Fox whilst he did have a good end to the season (like Tampa) lost easily there best player in the Julius Peppers to the BEARS ...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:13 pm
PAWNO wrote:I think Raheem Morris & his draft basically has him having 1 foot in the door, where Josh McDaniels has one foot out the door.

Dominick's draft, if you don't mind... Rah is along for the ride, but Dominick is the one calling the shots regarding the roster. He checks with Rah to hear what he thinks, but he's not afraid of drafting a certain player if he thinks he's worth it.

PAWNO wrote:NFC SOUTH is going to be a very tight division in my opinion. NAWLEANS is a lock to return to the post season, but i believe all 3 other teams could very well be in the mix come End Nov/Start Dec

I still see New Orleas as, clearly, the top team and Atlanta as the second. Carolina should be better with an easier schedule and without Jake, no matter if it's Moore or Clausen.

As for us, I'll repeat myself, 5-6 wins. We're still a couple of years away from being a contender.

PAWNO wrote:If anything, i think the Falcons will continue to slide with there losing ways they had towards the end of last season. & John Fox whilst he did have a good end to the season (like Tampa) lost easily there best player in the Julius Peppers to the BEARS ...

Actually, the Panthers are gonna be better without Peppers. One of the most overrated players of the NFL.

Also, Fox will be fighting for his job this year, so he'll have his guys playing tough and fighting every single play.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:11 am
TMC wrote:
As for us, I'll repeat myself, 5-6 wins. We're still a couple of years away from being a contender.

Hey bro,

I said you'd be in the mix (as in 5 or 6 wins come End of NOV)

Week 12: @ Baltimore
Week 13: vs Atlanta
Week 14: @ Washington
Week 15: vs Detroit
Week 16: vs Seattle
Week 17: @ New Orleans

Favorable draw towards the end of the year where you could be looking at a loss @ BALTIMORE but then not losing again til Naw'Leans in week 17, unless you believe the majority of those 5-6 wins come like they did last season (towards the end of your season)

You can beat most of those teams week 13 thru 16 with the onyl Bogey game being Donovan McNabb in Washington (But Altanta could be a gimme considering it's at home against a division FOE)
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board