The Tampa Bay Choke Artists Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:21 pm
bada wrote:I think there is a chance and a bigger chance than most people think, that both will be there. If I had to bet on it, I would say only one, but I think people really have a problem paying that sort of guarenteed money to a defensive tackle. This plays a large part in the Rams selecting Bradford and I think you could see the Lions or someone else moving up to select an offensive tackle at #2 leaving both the DT's on the board.

Assuming the Bucs take 1, I cant see the Redskins taking one considering how much money they have in their defensive line and then neither Suh or McCoy fit the 3-4 for the Chiefs. There is a wild scenario that either Suh or McCoy could be there at #6 when the Seahawks draft.

Could be, but I really doubt it. I mean... I just can't see one of them falling to #6. Although it wouldn't shock me (just a mild surprise) if both are available for the Bucs pick.

bada wrote:So trying to get a picture of who could fall based on what the Bucs do. So your hunch is McCoy huh. Defiantely more disruptive as a pass rusher. More like a Sapp type than Suh is. Really the draft hinges on what the Lions do at #2.

Exactly. I think that's exactly what they're looking for. I'm pretty sure it's McCoy, but they just said they have decided on who they want... but given no names.

Oh, well... it's not like you can be successful being candid in the NFL.

btw, both Suh and McCoy will visit the Bucs later this month (as well as Bryant and Berry, Okung has already visited), so that preference MIGHT change if one visit goes ugly... but I don't expect anything like that.

bada wrote:Wow, Bryant at 3???? Even with his supposed attitude problems and poor 40 time?

Yeah, crazy... but take a look at our WRs: Mike Clayton, Reggie Brown, Mo Stovall and Sammie Stroughter. 'Nuff said... 8)

I also think it's like 10 spots too high for Bryant, but I can certainly understand why they'd go for him... I'd go for Berry, tho.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 pm
You don't have any primetime games either. Here's your schedule if you're too lazy to check...

Week 1: vs Cleveland
Week 2: @ Carolina
Week 3: vs Pittsburgh
Week 4: BYE
Week 5: @ Cincinnati
Week 6: vs New Orleans
Week 7: vs St. Louis
Week 8: @ Arizona
Week 9: @ Atlanta
Week 10: vs Carolina
Week 11: @ San Francisco
Week 12: @ Baltimore
Week 13: vs Atlanta
Week 14: @ Washington
Week 15: vs Detroit
Week 16: vs Seattle
Week 17: @ New Orleans
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:07 pm
Wow... quite a job you had updating each team's thread with its schedule. Thanks, XBay. :D

As for the Bucs one... I hate to have the bye week so early, but the schedule is A LOT better than last year, when we had one of the toughest of the NFL. I think we might get 5 or 6 wins this year... as long as we do something in the draft to give Freeman someone to throw to.

Oh, and we've got the Steelers 7th round pick for Byron Leftwitch. I like it, considering we were gonna cut him if we unable to trade him. And one of our 7th rounders last year (Sammie Stroughter) was one of the few good news we had in an atrocious season. Not saying it's gonna make a difference... but now we have 12 picks for the draft, and that's never a bad thing.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:33 pm
TMC wrote:Wow... quite a job you had updating each team's thread with its schedule. Thanks, XBay. :D

As for the Bucs one... I hate to have the bye week so early, but the schedule is A LOT better than last year, when we had one of the toughest of the NFL. I think we might get 5 or 6 wins this year... as long as we do something in the draft to give Freeman someone to throw to.

Oh, and we've got the Steelers 7th round pick for Byron Leftwitch. I like it, considering we were gonna cut him if we unable to trade him. And one of our 7th rounders last year (Sammie Stroughter) was one of the few good news we had in an atrocious season. Not saying it's gonna make a difference... but now we have 12 picks for the draft, and that's never a bad thing.

No problem.

Yeah, saw that. I guess the Steelers are bracing for a Big Ben suspension. And since Leftwich knows the offense up in Pitt, they won't have to worry about teaching someone the playbook. Gives them insurance for 4 games or however long Big Ben could be suspended.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:43 pm
xbay wrote:No problem.

Yeah, saw that. I guess the Steelers are bracing for a Big Ben suspension. And since Leftwich knows the offense up in Pitt, they won't have to worry about teaching someone the playbook. Gives them insurance for 4 games or however long Big Ben could be suspended.

Man they should go with that kid DIXON in pittsburgh (The bay area native)

He tore **** up last year against Baltimore on Monday Night!!
Wish Al Davis went after Dixon...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:34 am
xbay wrote:Yeah, saw that. I guess the Steelers are bracing for a Big Ben suspension. And since Leftwich knows the offense up in Pitt, they won't have to worry about teaching someone the playbook. Gives them insurance for 4 games or however long Big Ben could be suspended.

Well, apparently, Big Ben is gonna be suspended four to six games (with a ridiculous clause to reduce it based on behavior, it seems). Guess the Steelers saw it coming and decided to get some insurance, just in case...

Still, I'm a bit amazed by this suspension. The way I see it, if you're not convicted of anything, you shouldn't be suspended... that "higher standard than law" policy the NFL employs with players is quite moronic, if you ask me. You've broken the law?. Ok, fine, pay for it... but getting suspended because of a suspect?. I'd sue the NFL if I were the NFLPA.

Oh, back to topic, Barrett Rudd signed his tender today. He had a ton of tackles last season, but most of them were meaningless, and that's why he's still playing for a long term contract. Time to prove he's worth it!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:26 pm
TMC wrote:
Still, I'm a bit amazed by this suspension. The way I see it, if you're not convicted of anything, you shouldn't be suspended... that "higher standard than law" policy the NFL employs with players is quite moronic, if you ask me. You've broken the law?. Ok, fine, pay for it... but getting suspended because of a suspect?. I'd sue the NFL if I were the NFLPA.

Keep in mind that the league office has MUCH more information than we do about the incident.

In any case, I gotta disagree with you on this. I have zero issues with the NFL suspending their "employees" despite breaking any laws or being formally convicted and charged. I think it is well withing their rights.

I mean companies every day fire employees for things they do that are not against the law. I have had collegues fired from jobs because they went to yahoo mail and checked their email. DId they break any law? Of course not. Did they violate the companies "usage policy". YEP. Just like the NFL has conduct claused built into EVERY contract. The NFL is nobody's right... it is a privelidge and as such you better respect that priviledge.

THey are greately concerned about image and I have no problem with them creating zero tolerance type policies. I will go further and say he is damn lucky he still has a job. Imagine if a high profile lawyer in a high profile law firm had this same incicdent and brought all that attention to the firm... he would be out on his ass.

Ben is a freakin IDIOT and I think the NFL has the right if they choose to take action on idiocy and not just criminal behavior, much like I have the right as a parent to ground my kids for being idiots.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:20 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

Keep in mind that the league office has MUCH more information than we do about the incident.

In any case, I gotta disagree with you on this. I have zero issues with the NFL suspending their "employees" despite breaking any laws or being formally convicted and charged. I think it is well withing their rights.

I mean companies every day fire employees for things they do that are not against the law. I have had collegues fired from jobs because they went to yahoo mail and checked their email. DId they break any law? Of course not. Did they violate the companies "usage policy". YEP. Just like the NFL has conduct claused built into EVERY contract. The NFL is nobody's right... it is a privelidge and as such you better respect that priviledge.

THey are greately concerned about image and I have no problem with them creating zero tolerance type policies. I will go further and say he is damn lucky he still has a job. Imagine if a high profile lawyer in a high profile law firm had this same incicdent and brought all that attention to the firm... he would be out on his ass.

Ben is a freakin IDIOT and I think the NFL has the right if they choose to take action on idiocy and not just criminal behavior, much like I have the right as a parent to ground my kids for being idiots.

Not denying Ben's an idiot (I think that much is clear right now), if they have more info about the incident doesn't change the fact that he's not being charged with any crime. If he were, I'd be alright with any kind of suspension, even a preventive one til he's convicted (or not).

But we're talking about something he did on his personal life, not while playing or getting ready for a game or during a workout with the team or in any way related to the NFL. In your example, it'd be like if those guys were fired for checking those e-mails... at home.

There's a difference between what a private organization can regulate and what they can't, and they certainly can't tell you what you can and can't do out of your job (as long as it doesn't put that job at risk, of course, which would validate clauses against dangerous sports and the like).

And if the NFL still applies that policy, it's because nobody has had the guts to sue them (because they know they'd never get back in the NFL after that).

Oh, well... back to topic: I WANT MY NEW DT!!!! :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:10 pm

ABOUT TIME!!!!

We're on the right path again, now time to get... let me check:

A couple of WR
A S
One or two DE
One or two CB
An OLB
A LT

F*ck.... :banghead:

Nah, other than that reality check, it was nice to see our biggest need solved with a top talent like McCoy. I would have liked Suh more, but hey, I'm perfectly happy with McCoy...

Now... let's wait one whole friggin' day to do two more rounds... God, I hate this system.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:43 am
This draft is really key for our future, so we better don't botch many picks. We need to get 6 or 7 starters out of this draft.

Guys I want for the second round:

Sergio Kindle
Golden Tate
Carlton Mitchell
Nate Allen
Carlos Dunlap

My dream scenario for the second round would be to get Kindle and Tate (and if we were to get Allen in the third, I'd be ecstatic), but I'd be happy if we come out of the second round with two of the above.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:25 pm
:shock:

Wow!!! Brian Price!!!

Didn't see that one coming after drafting McCoy in the first. But it makes a lot of sense, Price will play NT and McCoy will play the 3-technique. And that certainly means that Hovan and Sims are gone...

Just wondering who's gonna catch Freeman's passes... They better get a WR with their other second rounder. And in the third as well, for that matter.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:37 pm
I really like the Price pick. Whilst it left a lot of head scratching around the league. It's just made matt ryan. Drew brees & miki moore all cringe knowing they got to face the Bucs twice a year in hard quarterback on there back type games. Also with the focus on pass rushing. This could just turn Talib into a bonafide star!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:43 pm
PAWNO wrote:I really like the Price pick. Whilst it left a lot of head scratching around the league. It's just made matt ryan. Drew brees & miki moore all cringe knowing they got to face the Bucs twice a year in hard quarterback on there back type games.

I like it a lot as well. Just didn't think they'd go that route after taking a DT in the first (and having Roy Miller from last year's draft as well... although I guess he's gonna move to DE, at least partially, after this pick).

Man, McCoy and Price with consecutive picks...Talk about beefing up the line!!!

PAWNO wrote:Also with the focus on pass rushing. This could just turn Talib into a bonafide star!

Eh... his head is gonna turn him into a star. No doubt pass rush is gonna help, but Talib is a pro bowl level CB if he's focused, pass rush or not. BIG if, tho...

Time to get some WRs. Carlton Mitchell, Golden Tate or Jordan Shipley should be our next pick...

Oh, and a bit off topic, but Philly got an steal with Nate Allen. I really like what I've seen of that kid.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:46 pm
Got the Raiders pick, it's Arrelious Benn!!!

At least a WR. Nice "catch"... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:19 pm
Bro. I left a bait in my last post. I thought u'd pick it up. Milki Moore? Come on now man. I thought u knew about the nfc south
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board