The Football (Soccer, In The Colonies) Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:07 pm
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Anyone watching the Barcelona versus Inter Milan game.... Geez, talk about horrible reffing.

Don't even get me started... :evil: :banghead: :protest: :pain10: :boxing:

Watched a replay and... sigh. All my friends are Inter Milan fans, too. I'm the only one that likes Barcelona. So yeah, I'm receiving sh*t at the moment.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:28 pm
There were sooo many things that went wrong with this game... Like Guardiola lost his mind in the second half (sorry, but you can't replace Ibrahimovic with Abidal when you're losing 3-1), Messi didn't do anything at all, the defense was nervous the whole game...

... but the ref killed us. Inter's third goal was offsides, and quite clear. Puyol saw a card that will keep him out of next week's game just because Mourinho pressured the ref (portuguese, btw), there was an uncalled penalty over Alves.

I think Inter deserved to win, but a 2-1 or 3-2 score would have been fair.

That's one of the reasons I rate soccer as the third sport for me. Luck plays a big role in the outcome, and refs are usually putrid (towards the home team).

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:54 pm
TMC wrote:There were sooo many things that went wrong with this game... Like Guardiola lost his mind in the second half (sorry, but you can't replace Ibrahimovic with Abidal when you're losing 3-1), Messi didn't do anything at all, the defense was nervous the whole game...

... but the ref killed us. Inter's third goal was offsides, and quite clear. Puyol saw a card that will keep him out of next week's game just because Mourinho pressured the ref (portuguese, btw), there was an uncalled penalty over Alves.

I think Inter deserved to win, but a 2-1 or 3-2 score would have been fair.

That's one of the reasons I rate soccer as the third sport for me. Luck plays a big role in the outcome, and refs are usually putrid (towards the home team).

I do think Milan played well, so props to them. But the better team lost this game. ANd part of that goes to the ref, who was only booking Barca. I mean, he gave a yellow for a guy who got hit in the box, not the hitter. WTF is that about. You would see all these tough challenges by Inter not be called, but the slightest touch went against Barca. The third goal was offsides.

Messi looked afraid to do anything. Maybe he was tired? And i dunno why he took out Ibrahimovic early, but then again, he wasnt doin anything. Xavi wasn't doin much either.

I agree TMC, refs in soccer are always in favored of the home team. They want to get out of there alive, i guess. I hate how the center ref has the only say. I also think they need two more side refs to get every angle because the system they have is awful. they leave 2 corners completely uncovered.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:04 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I do think Milan played well, so props to them. But the better team lost this game. ANd part of that goes to the ref, who was only booking Barca. I mean, he gave a yellow for a guy who got hit in the box, not the hitter. WTF is that about. You would see all these tough challenges by Inter not be called, but the slightest touch went against Barca. The third goal was offsides.

It was awful. One of the worst refs I've seen in years. All the small calls were always towards the same side, even the booking was ridiculous...

Mr. Crackerz wrote:Messi looked afraid to do anything. Maybe he was tired? And i dunno why he took out Ibrahimovic early, but then again, he wasnt doin anything. Xavi wasn't doin much either.

I don't know what happened with Messi, but Ibrahimovic shouldn't have started. He just came back from a month out injured, and wasn't ready to play the whole game. I think he should have come from the bench and play the last 30 minutes instead of starting... but, with that said, if you're losing 3-1, you don't replace your striker with a left back, particularly having Bojan on the bench... :banghead:

Mr. Crackerz wrote:I agree TMC, refs in soccer are always in favored of the home team. They want to get out of there alive, i guess. I hate how the center ref has the only say. I also think they need two more side refs to get every angle because the system they have is awful. they leave 2 corners completely uncovered.

They try adding a couple more refs in the euro cup games this year... it was even worse... :banghead:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 pm
Sucks. They gotta pull off some crazy performance in their next game to advance.

If Lyon upsets Bayern tomorrow... oh man.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:52 am
xbay wrote:Sucks. They gotta pull off some crazy performance in their next game to advance..

Not really man..............I mean the away goal is key, which means they can go through by winning 2-0 (which for the most fluid attacking team in the world, at home, is easily achievable)

3-1 to tie it up, or just win by 2 clear goals after that.

Hey TMC...............remember what I said a about this match up happening and what would happen, about a month and a half ago? :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 am
bigstrads wrote:Hey TMC...............remember what I said a about this match up happening and what would happen, about a month and a half ago? :wink:

No.

Or maybe it's that I don't want to... Let me be nervous and scared, bro :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:46 am
Ohh thank the good Raptor Jesus we were playing against Spurs and not someone else..............otherwise United's impotent performance would have been punished.

LOL, sorry TMC, we always do it to you guys huh? year after year, for as long as I can remember.............we always smash and grab wins off you. :wink:

Cheers. :thumbright:

Ps: Come on Stoke!!!! :evil:

Pps: Come on Inter!!!! 8)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:17 am
Not really sure what happened, but I can imagine... :banghead:

Truth is, I've been waiting all week for this game... and they've decided at the last minute to show... a f*cking TENNIS game instead!!!!!

I'm beyond pissed... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:53 am
TMC wrote:Not really sure what happened, but I can imagine... :banghead:

Truth is, I've been waiting all week for this game... and they've decided at the last minute to show... a f*cking TENNIS game instead!!!!!

I'm beyond pissed... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ahh man, that sucks quite a large portion of penis. :cry:

I shall give you a run down:

Well, United without Rooney (after pulling a groin and essentially being ruled out for the rest of the season) were the impotent, clueless, Berba led team they have looked in every other game without Rooney.

Spurs set out to defend from the get go............and it showed.............there was not a SINGLE shot on goal in the first 30 minutes............now, I dont mean "shot on target", I mean ON GOAL.............nothing.

As always, the "commentators curse" saw an end to this, with Andy Gray not even finishing his sentance about it and a weak shot from Roman Pav went into the hands of Big Ed.

After that, Berba has a great with a turn and shoot..........about 2 yards out!!! but of course, with it being him, it was blocked by King and would have been saved anyway.

After that, United started to probe more and it went into half time 0-0.

2nd half, again, not really much to speak of until the mistake that was "Assou-Ekotto at right back" was exposed with Berba making a great run down the left and eventually into the box...........a nice back heel to pick up Evra's run and then the aforementioned "defender" lunged in and clearly brought him down for the clearest penalty shout of the season.

Gigsy took it and slammed it into the bottom left corner, with Gomes getting a little piece of it but not enough to stop it.

This brought the game alive............decent chances at both ends before Spurs won a corner.

Swung in and onto the head of King for a great header into the right hand corner.............Rafael for some reason left his spot on the line, whereas if he hadnt, he would have had a simply clearing header.............also, the ref missed the fact that King had used Johhny Evans as a human spring board.........but hey ho.

Now United came alive and looked a team who wants the title!!! Mostly because Macheda came on for Rafael (typical Sir Alex, throwing caution to the wind, in order to win) and he laid a perfect little through ball for Nani on the right hand side of the box.............with an acute angle and a rushing Gomes, he chipped him beautifully with the deftest of touches.

This then gave United even more confidence and Nani picked up the ball on about the half way line, dribbled mazily through 3 players............and when he got into the box, with Palacios bearing down on him from behind, he went down and it was another pen.

This time, Gigsy goes the opposite corner, with even more power and ven though Gomes goes the right way again..........he cannot get anywhere near it as it slams into the side of the net.

Game set and match my man. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:32 am
First, Assou-Ekotto is a mistake. Anywhere.

Second, thanks for the recap... I had a guess that was exactly what happened, Harry parked the bus from the very beginning and, eventually, ManU found a hole. Same 'ol, same 'ol... I've seen that game thousands of times.

Oh, well... it won't ruin my day. I entered my transfer request yesterday, so I'm HAPPY no matter what. F*ck Harry and his bus!!! :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:45 am
How about that 7-Nil thrashing Chelsea served up!!!

Whoever they played, should be relegated!!!

Not long now for the WC 8)
ESPN in Australia is doing a top 50 players segment with each player getting a half hour timeslot in primetime tv

I don't know half the names, But they all sound like TMC name
(Daniel purdakurda Dellirnarno)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:54 am
PAWNO wrote:How about that 7-Nil thrashing Chelsea served up!!!

You love that word now huh? :mrgreen:

That was Stoke, and they are not going to be relegated............they are just one of those teams that plays very well at home and then polar opposite away.

The big one is this weekend.............Chelsea vs Liverpool.

My United's last hope of Chelsea dropping points for us to win the title.............the only thing is that we HATE Liverpool, and they us, so there is discussion that they will through the game just to NOT give us the title...............f*cking dodgy scum bag scousers!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:22 am
bigstrads wrote:
PAWNO wrote:How about that 7-Nil thrashing Chelsea served up!!!

You love that word now huh? :mrgreen:

That was Stoke, and they are not going to be relegated............they are just one of those teams that plays very well at home and then polar opposite away.

The big one is this weekend.............Chelsea vs Liverpool.

My United's last hope of Chelsea dropping points for us to win the title.............the only thing is that we HATE Liverpool, and they us, so there is discussion that they will through the game just to NOT give us the title...............f*cking dodgy scum bag scousers!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah i do love the word RELAGATED bro.. Just like when i finally get a girlfriend i'll be relegated to the doghouse :agrue: :bday:

ah well i guess a 7-Nil HOME WIN for Chelsea, helps the U chances more then say a 7-Nil AWAY Win for Chelsea (or do they only use that away goal rule in sudden death serious?)

Anyways i'm sure Liverpool hates Chelsea, just as much!!!
(i remember a UEFA Champions League game when those 2 met back in 2005!!! So they'd have to be that history rivalry already there)

I for one would hope my warriors if they were playing the Suns, wouldn't lose on purpose to help the Lakers solidifying homecourt advantage through the playoffs... But yeah, It's a shame about winning the league & not going onto have a playoff system.. (I know you have a bunch of CUPS to win, But you don't really have a round robin sudden death championship system? or is that only exclusive to the Champions League?)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:24 am
PAWNO wrote:

ah well i guess a 7-Nil HOME WIN for Chelsea, helps the U chances more then say a 7-Nil AWAY Win for Chelsea (or do they only use that away goal rule in sudden death serious?)

I really need to spell check **** before i hit submit "Series=Serious"

AM I SERIOUS ??? :oops:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board