*OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFFS AND PREDICTIONS THREAD*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:30 pm
Chum wrote:
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:The Blazers are so boring to watch, and the Warriors are incredibly fun to watch. Their styles are like night and day and it makes a big difference in the "fun factor" of the game.

I guess the Blazers aren't looking for any new fans, because they sure aren't making any with their slowest of slow pace. Boooooooooooooring!!!


The difference also shows on each team's record, you know... :wink:


I get what you're saying, but keep in mind that there's no way the Blazers would be winning so much playing a faster tempo. It's a matter of doing what's best in order to win, and... frankly, I'm tired of our Dubs being fun to watch, but a perennial loser.


I think the Suns are a good example of what the Warriors can become. Add a dominant big man and emphasize defense a little more and the Warriors will start winning.


The Suns have been a fun team for years... but never a contender. That kind of bball just doesn't cut it. I'd rather play like the Spurs and win a ring each few years than like the Suns and be playoff fodder for a long time.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:41 pm
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:The Blazers are so boring to watch, and the Warriors are incredibly fun to watch. Their styles are like night and day and it makes a big difference in the "fun factor" of the game.

I guess the Blazers aren't looking for any new fans, because they sure aren't making any with their slowest of slow pace. Boooooooooooooring!!!


The difference also shows on each team's record, you know... :wink:


I get what you're saying, but keep in mind that there's no way the Blazers would be winning so much playing a faster tempo. It's a matter of doing what's best in order to win, and... frankly, I'm tired of our Dubs being fun to watch, but a perennial loser.


I think the Suns are a good example of what the Warriors can become. Add a dominant big man and emphasize defense a little more and the Warriors will start winning.


The Suns have been a fun team for years... but never a contender. That kind of bball just doesn't cut it. I'd rather play like the Spurs and win a ring each few years than like the Suns and be playoff fodder for a long time.


You can't just play like the Spurs and expect to win. They have Tim Duncan, one of the best bigs in the history of the game. Pop may have a coaching philosophy that he doesn't want to veer away from too much, but I guarantee that Popavich has been tailoring his system to best utilize Duncan's talent.

The Warriors have the most talented player they've had in years, maybe decades, in Curry. I think a fast paced run and gun offense might actually utilize his talents best. They still need a dominant big to become anything. Until that happens they aren't going to be a playoff threat.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:45 pm
Chum wrote:
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:The Blazers are so boring to watch, and the Warriors are incredibly fun to watch. Their styles are like night and day and it makes a big difference in the "fun factor" of the game.

I guess the Blazers aren't looking for any new fans, because they sure aren't making any with their slowest of slow pace. Boooooooooooooring!!!


The difference also shows on each team's record, you know... :wink:


I get what you're saying, but keep in mind that there's no way the Blazers would be winning so much playing a faster tempo. It's a matter of doing what's best in order to win, and... frankly, I'm tired of our Dubs being fun to watch, but a perennial loser.


I think the Suns are a good example of what the Warriors can become. Add a dominant big man and emphasize defense a little more and the Warriors will start winning.


The Suns have been a fun team for years... but never a contender. That kind of bball just doesn't cut it. I'd rather play like the Spurs and win a ring each few years than like the Suns and be playoff fodder for a long time.


You can't just play like the Spurs and expect to win. They have Tim Duncan, one of the best bigs in the history of the game. Pop may have a coaching philosophy that he doesn't want to veer away from too much, but I guarantee that Popavich has been tailoring his system to best utilize Duncan's talent.

The Warriors have the most talented player they've had in years, maybe decades, in Curry. I think a fast paced run and gun offense might actually utilize his talents best. They still need a dominant big to become anything. Until that happens they aren't going to be a playoff threat.


Well, replace the Spurs with the Pistons that won a ring and made it to next year's finals without a single big star ("just" five very good players) and you get what I mean. You don't have to have a top 10 player... just have some talent, play to its strenghts... and two keys: defense and rebounding.

Phoenix doesn't do any of the last two particularly well...

Rookie
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:48 pm
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:
TMC wrote:
Chum wrote:The Blazers are so boring to watch, and the Warriors are incredibly fun to watch. Their styles are like night and day and it makes a big difference in the "fun factor" of the game.

I guess the Blazers aren't looking for any new fans, because they sure aren't making any with their slowest of slow pace. Boooooooooooooring!!!


The difference also shows on each team's record, you know... :wink:


I get what you're saying, but keep in mind that there's no way the Blazers would be winning so much playing a faster tempo. It's a matter of doing what's best in order to win, and... frankly, I'm tired of our Dubs being fun to watch, but a perennial loser.


I think the Suns are a good example of what the Warriors can become. Add a dominant big man and emphasize defense a little more and the Warriors will start winning.


The Suns have been a fun team for years... but never a contender. That kind of bball just doesn't cut it. I'd rather play like the Spurs and win a ring each few years than like the Suns and be playoff fodder for a long time.


You can't just play like the Spurs and expect to win. They have Tim Duncan, one of the best bigs in the history of the game. Pop may have a coaching philosophy that he doesn't want to veer away from too much, but I guarantee that Popavich has been tailoring his system to best utilize Duncan's talent.

The Warriors have the most talented player they've had in years, maybe decades, in Curry. I think a fast paced run and gun offense might actually utilize his talents best. They still need a dominant big to become anything. Until that happens they aren't going to be a playoff threat.


Well, replace the Spurs with the Pistons that won a ring and made it to next year's finals without a single big star ("just" five very good players) and you get what I mean. You don't have to have a top 10 player... just have some talent, play to its strenghts... and two keys: defense and rebounding.

Phoenix doesn't do any of the last two particularly well...


Replace Nash and their defense will get better. Possibly rebounding too.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:10 pm
Watching the Heat/Celtics game for a couple minutes made me scratch my head. Reggie Miller was right, how the hell did those guys manage to make the playoffs when one guy is consistent, mainly because he's a bonafied superstar, and the rest of the team has their days every now and then? I expect a sweep, if not a 4-1 series win for Boston.

Beasley, O'Neal, and everyone else not named Dwyane Wade have failed to show up in the first two games.

Also, the Bucks/Hawks series makes me wonder just how different this series would of been had Andrew Bogut never had that scary fall that cost him the season. Atlanta is good, but Horford has the advantage over the Bucks' bigs by miles.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:56 pm
Let's get the big al for cousins + morrow!!!
~LilBallerx~

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:05 pm
That Miami game was painful.

I cant believe Wade is reported to be the one free agent who will most likely stay with his current team. If I was Wade I would hold out for as long as possible and if they dont sign someone significant I would bail. That roster is so pathetic without him.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:12 pm
metalface wrote:That Miami game was painful.

I cant believe Wade is reported to be the one free agent who will most likely stay with his current team. If I was Wade I would hold out for as long as possible and if they dont sign someone significant I would bail. That roster is so pathetic without him.


No doubt about that.

Take Wade away and their a lottery team. No wonder they wanted to include Beasley in that proposed deal for Amare. The dude was suppose to have a "big game" with KG out. O'Neal's FG stat line is 4-24 from the field.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:16 pm
xbay wrote:
metalface wrote:That Miami game was painful.

I cant believe Wade is reported to be the one free agent who will most likely stay with his current team. If I was Wade I would hold out for as long as possible and if they dont sign someone significant I would bail. That roster is so pathetic without him.


No doubt about that.

Take Wade away and their a lottery team. No wonder they wanted to include Beasley in that proposed deal for Amare.


Im willing to bet that if Wade hadnt been healthy this year, they would have been worse than the nets even. The guy needs to play with someone who can help him get back to winning consistently. He doesnt have as much time as all these other superstars hes almost 30.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 pm
The Zombie Sonics didn't let me down tonight. Yeah, they lost, but they stuck it to the Lakers. Man, if they had a big man to play alongside Collison or Krstic in the post, this series could be tied... better yet, they could be seeded higher.

Artest still played a physical game on Durant. Don't look into the box score. Durant bounced back, but Artest continued to harass him. If he didn't do that, I would expect Kevin to score 40+.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:05 am
xbay wrote:
metalface wrote:That Miami game was painful.

I cant believe Wade is reported to be the one free agent who will most likely stay with his current team. If I was Wade I would hold out for as long as possible and if they dont sign someone significant I would bail. That roster is so pathetic without him.


No doubt about that.

Take Wade away and their a lottery team. No wonder they wanted to include Beasley in that proposed deal for Amare. The dude was suppose to have a "big game" with KG out. O'Neal's FG stat line is 4-24 from the field.



I'm surprised with Beasley, thought he'd be better by now, but he is looking like a bit of a pretender. If they can't get Amare or Boozer, Wade is best to leave there, because that team is not going up but down with that roster
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:51 am
xbay wrote:The Zombie Sonics didn't let me down tonight. Yeah, they lost, but they stuck it to the Lakers. Man, if they had a big man to play alongside Collison or Krstic in the post, this series could be tied... better yet, they could be seeded higher.

Artest still played a physical game on Durant. Don't look into the box score. Durant bounced back, but Artest continued to harass him. If he didn't do that, I would expect Kevin to score 40+.


That was an awesome game. I now hate Kobe even more, and I didn't think that was possible :evil:
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:52 am
The NBA playoff structure sucks! There needs to be some sort of re-alignment or just a different playoff bracket put in place. Maybe they need to take the 6 division winners, grant them automatic bids, then take the next 10 best teams and seed them out accordingly......not have an East vs West, but take the top 2 seeds and put them in opposite brackets and go from there.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 am
How impressive was Big Baby last night? The dude looks like he weighs about 400lbs, he had more energy than anyone else on the court, he consistantly grabbed big rebounds, and he just powered his way through triple teams in the paint.

He may be a colossal goof ball but every team needs a Big Baby, especially ours :wink:

His Mike Tyson impression in the post-game interview was pretty funny, however "The Ticket-Stub".... :roll:
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image

Rookie
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
metalface wrote:That Miami game was painful.

I cant believe Wade is reported to be the one free agent who will most likely stay with his current team. If I was Wade I would hold out for as long as possible and if they dont sign someone significant I would bail. That roster is so pathetic without him.


No doubt about that.

Take Wade away and their a lottery team. No wonder they wanted to include Beasley in that proposed deal for Amare. The dude was suppose to have a "big game" with KG out. O'Neal's FG stat line is 4-24 from the field.


I'm surprised with Beasley, thought he'd be better by now, but he is looking like a bit of a pretender. If they can't get Amare or Boozer, Wade is best to leave there, because that team is not going up but down with that roster


They need a point guard. A big man won't hurt, but they need a point guard bad. Chalmers & Arroyo are both better playing a shooting guard type role than point guard. I'd package either one with somebody else for a real guard.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest