Joakim Noah

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:07 pm
I officially love him. In the press conference after tonight's game he was asked if he regretted the comments he made about Cleveland (the city) the other day. He basically said "No. You think Cleveland's cool? I never heard anybody say "i'm going to cleveland for vacation."" He might be a punk, but honesty (and humor) like that in sports is a very rare thing in this day and age. Refreshing. I wish he was a Warrior...because of this, and he's also a damn good player. Nellie would give him about 5 minutes a night.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:30 pm
Maybe Vegi wrote:I officially love him. In the press conference after tonight's game he was asked if he regretted the comments he made about Cleveland (the city) the other day. He basically said "No. You think Cleveland's cool? I never heard anybody say "i'm going to cleveland for vacation."" He might be a punk, but honesty (and humor) like that in sports is a very rare thing in this day and age. Refreshing. I wish he was a Warrior...because of this, and he's also a damn good player. Nellie would give him about 5 minutes a night.

Nice post Vegi. I laughed when I heard Noah say this. I'm tired of all the canned answers in pro sports nowadays.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:00 am
Well, at least we all know where he'll never be playing for in his career. :wink:

There's just something about him that I don't like, though. As funny as that answer was, someone sounds mad that they're about to lose the series.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:07 am
Hey, surely he be Joakim. Clevelands pretty cool!

No that is funny. I'm reminded of a Giant player named Jeff Leonard about 20 years ago, who called St. Louis a "cowtown" in a semi-final playoff series. It didn't work well then, and I don't suspect it will work now.
War Years
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:17 am
Yeah, I totally see the silliness in it. And the immaturity. Great players don't stoop to such lows....it's obvious he is just trying to get a rise out of people. I do like the fact that he pretty much wants everyone in Cleveland to hate him...it seems like he feeds off that energy and it made him play great tonight...25 pts, 13 rebounds. The fact that he irritates so many people means he's actually an effective player. Bill Laimbeer was probably the most hated player in the NBA when he played, but I bet everyone would have loved to have him as a teammate.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:55 am
just like his Dad really
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?

Return to NBA Forum