Vlad Rad's expiring for

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:49 pm
Kirk Hinrich

for

Vlad Rad's expiring, CJ sign and trade, and a high 2nd round pick.

he's basically a younger raja bell that can play PG, which is exactly what we need!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:08 am
first off wrote:Kirk Hinrich

for

he's basically a younger raja bell that can play PG, which is exactly what we need!

Honestlty I don't know why they'd do it unless you think they'd just prefer a contract that expires next year, But Hinrich's expires in 2 years, and he's expensive. He now gets paid more than Maggs, but unlike Maggs , he earns a little less every year.

I was checking and Vlad's true shooting % was the worst in the league of any person with 600 mintes played this year. Hinrich's pretty far down there too.
War Years
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:17 am
Won't happen, Watson wants to choose his team anyway

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:15 am
first off wrote:Kirk Hinrich

for

Why would we trade for Hinrich now that we have our PG in Curry???.

I could get the point of this trade before last year... but now it makes no sense at all.

migya wrote:Won't happen, Watson wants to choose his team anyway

And Watson is relevant here because...??? :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:47 am
TMC wrote:

CJ Watson no?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:23 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

CJ Watson no?

:oops:

My fault. That's what happens when you don't pay attention to what's actually written in the post...

That makes it even worse. I'd rather have CJ than Hinrich...
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:53 am
Anything to get rid of Rad. He's the only Warrior I don't like.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:18 pm
Chum wrote:Anything to get rid of Rad. He's the only Warrior I don't like.

egg-zack-lee!

that's the whole point of this thread, what can we get for VR?

Curry / Hinrich / R. Williams
Monta / Morrow / R. Williams (R. Williams fanboys settle down, Azu/RW = 2 similar in game style).
Maggs / Azubuike / R Williams
Randolph / b. Wright / Tolliver
*Cousins* / Biedrins / Turiaf / Hunter

- that second string has everything you need: Vet Leadership (KH), Shooting(AM), glue guy(KA), inside scoring presence(BW), and D/Rebounding(AB).

- Bulls are trying to get as much cap room as possible, and since we are both under the cap that means we can deal trades without matching salary. By doing this, we give them an extra 2 or 3Mill to spend on a big free agent.

- As far as I know right now, Watson is a restricted FA, meaning he cannot pick his team or desired salary. I figure CHI would probably want some guard on our roster in return, and if he is likely to leave any way, why not CJ? sux for him, but this is a business.

-Hinrich has come off the bench for the bulls already so he's not likely to put up a fuss in a different jersey.

-He's a 6'4 point guard (well, combo guard) named 2nd or 1st all-defensive team (can't remember which), and has a pass first mentality. we've all seen our offense grind to a halt when Curry's not in the game, and as much as I love CJ, I haven't seen any signs of him really being able to lead the offense in the three years he's been here.

- we already have a small back court, and having a 6'2" guy that basically duplicates the roles of Morrow and RW seems pointless.

- CJ had a 40 point game this year, and some pretty high numbers all around = high value!

- since we already have quite a few pieces with promise (williams, Azu, BW, AR, Morrow), I think that makes our High 2nd round pick one of the only things we can safely package with the trade.

- yes Curry should definitely start next year, but the guy needs to sit eventually. I don't see how this isn't clear to everyone by now: Baron, Jackson, Monta, hell even Harrington, never had descent backups and their games have all taken a nose dive come February b/c of it. I for one am sick of seeing our stars get frustrated.
Last edited by first off on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:26 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

CJ Watson no?

:oops:

My fault. That's what happens when you don't pay attention to what's actually written in the post...

That makes it even worse. I'd rather have CJ than Hinrich...

why?
really? I doubt that we are going to be able to hold onto him. And what does he do that Morrow and RW don't? am I the only one that wants defense over just another scorer?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:04 pm
first off wrote:why?
really? I doubt that we are going to be able to hold onto him. And what does he do that Morrow and RW don't? am I the only one that wants defense over just another scorer?

What I don't want is to add a $9 million per year player that's not even good enough to start in this team... I'd rather have Watson back for a quarter of that price.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:30 am
TMC wrote:
first off wrote:why?

What I don't want is to add a $9 million per year player that's not even good enough to start in this team... I'd rather have Watson back for a quarter of that price.

Watson is gone anyway, he made it pretty clear he wants out and he could really get something like the MLE after his performance this season.

Hinrich has fallen, that's for sure, and he doesn't deserve the money he gets, but he still is capable, but not an option for the warriors, as there is enough guards here and the draft will likely bring another one, unless the player is traded

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:36 am
isn't Watson restricted again. Weird i know, but Pretty sure I remember reading that. Bada?
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:43 am
Quazza wrote:isn't Watson restricted again. Weird i know, but Pretty sure I remember reading that. Bada?

yes, he is restricted pending us extending him another qualifying offer like we did this year.

I cant imagine us not extending him a qualifying offer as CJ Watson at 1.2 million is a bargain. Since after next season he will have thress full years of service, he will be unrestricted at the end of next year unless we signed him to a long term deal this offseason.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:06 am
bada wrote:
Quazza wrote:isn't Watson restricted again. Weird i know, but Pretty sure I remember reading that. Bada?

yes, he is restricted pending us extending him another qualifying offer like we did this year.

I cant imagine us not extending him a qualifying offer as CJ Watson at 1.2 million is a bargain. Since after next season he will have thress full years of service, he will be unrestricted at the end of next year unless we signed him to a long term deal this offseason.

Yep, and unless he gets the full MLE (which I doubt), I think we should keep him as Curry's backup. He's more than capable to fill that role.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:29 am
I predict Vlad goes back to Europe at the end of his contract.
I see your logic, Id love to get rid of him. And getting some defensive minded players is a good idea. But Hinrich is just way too expensive, particularly for the minutes.
War Years
Next

Return to Trades