NBA Fantasy League 2 - DONE!!!

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:17 pm
Congrats, Bodyguard. It was an amazing achievement to win both leagues and we definitely have a new #1 to beat next year.

And thanks, migya, for taking care of these leagues.

What I'm wondering is... should be do a keeper's league for next season?. Maybe one regular league, with drafted guys and a keeper's one? How do those work?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 pm
TMC wrote:Congrats, Bodyguard. It was an amazing achievement to win both leagues and we definitely have a new #1 to beat next year.

What I'm wondering is... should be do a keeper's league for next season?. Maybe one regular league, with drafted guys and a keeper's one? How do those work?

Depends. How many players do you wanna keep? Once you get that settled, how will we set up the draft to fill up the rest of the roster? Let it be known, keeper leagues are far different than seasonal ones. It's a completely different strategy entering it. They can be a bit complicated at times, especially if the commish doesn't know how to run a keeper league. And also, your goal is always to finish first. You can never be satisfied with second in a keeper league unless you choose to tank the season.

If you guys really wanna do a keeper league, I think we should start fresh on the drafting next season, but turn it into a keeper league(s) for the future. Both stay H2H leagues, of course.

We can have two leagues... a keeper and seasonal.
Last edited by xbay on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 pm
TMC wrote:Congrats, Bodyguard. It was an amazing achievement to win both leagues and we definitely have a new #1 to beat next year.

I'm keen to do a keeper league (something i've also discussed with our regular fantasy footballers who have also shown interest in the concept)

But hey also... I'm hoping at least one of the leagues next year is weekly lineups (as opposed to Daily) if the weekly lineup concept doesn't get enough votes then i'd be running one independantly to bring in new life to the fantasy section of people who are keen, but dont want to commit to the extra work of setting lineups daily!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:07 am
xbay wrote:

Depends. How many players do you wanna keep? Once you get that settled, how will we set up the draft to fill up the rest of the roster? Let it be known, keeper leagues are far different than seasonal ones. It's a completely different strategy entering it. They can be a bit complicated at times, especially if the commish doesn't know how to run a keeper league. And also, your goal is always to finish first. You can never be satisfied with second in a keeper league unless you choose to tank the season.

If you guys really wanna do a keeper league, I think we should start fresh on the drafting next season, but turn it into a keeper league(s) for the future. Both stay H2H leagues, of course.

We can have two leagues... a keeper and seasonal.

I'm definately interested in a Keeper League. We can have one next year, starting fresh as xbay said and have another one or two like the ones we had this season, heck, I'd like to have a roto with you guys as well, never too many leagues for me, as long as it isn't over eight :wink:

Everyone say what they think

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Fantasy League Forum