Game Thread: Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers 2010-04-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Should the Warriors tank this game to improve their lottery standing?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:44 am

YES
80%
NO
20%

Total votes : 10

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:04 pm
Curry had the game of his life, I'm happy for him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:06 pm
Detroit and Washington also won today so the team is 4th correct?

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:16 pm
migya wrote:Detroit and Washington also won today so the team is 4th correct?

5th, I believe... or they're tied for 4th with Washington. So both will receive the same amount of combinations for the lottery with one possibly getting an addition combination.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:05 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:Detroit and Washington also won today so the team is 4th correct?

5th, I believe... or they're tied for 4th with Washington. So both will receive the same amount of combinations for the lottery with one possibly getting an addition combination.

We are tied 4th because of Detroit moving up with their win and Washington moving up with us with their win.

Pathetic, the joke I thought it would be.

Thank f*ck this sh*t stain of a season is over and we can hopefully ring in the changes from top to bottom.............although, probably not.

With the tie, I thought they didnt allow ties, ie: the 2 teams wont get the same amount of chances in the lotto, they will have to separate them with some kind of tie breaker?

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:22 am
was an interesting game. five warriors giving to them blazers. the end was quite strange, but in a good way.
i seriously doubt the idea of tanking as being exclusively ignored by this stupid organisation, unless pistons, wizards and half of nba teams were winning only to diminish their lottery chances. basically, they are as stupid as warriors as other half of non-playoff teams like pacers, clippers and so on. actually half of teams should stop playing basketball after all star break and tank. huh. that is amazing idea. makes basketball fun to watch.
om another note, did we just fall 1 place and 8 percent down? must be GROSS and why did nelson play 5 guys, he shold have played hunter, turiaf, morrow, bring BW, Azu back for the last game so he could have lost. huh.
can it get dumber?
the players won regardless of all odds favouring not them. regardless of TANK.
huh.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:44 am
Tanking may be smart from a GM and fan point of view...

but from a player's point of view.. it's just lame.

I can see resting your starters and injured..
but we didn't really have that option with all the injuries.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:28 pm
Weirdest game I can recal. Good stuff :)
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:51 pm
I hate when everyone was saying how short handed the Blazers are. Yeah, try losing 15 guys.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:14 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:I hate when everyone was saying how short handed the Blazers are. Yeah, try losing 15 guys.

Some idot on ESPN radio was talking about how the Blazers were the most injury devasted team this year :roll:

Seriously, the sports news people crap on the Warriors constantly. I can't stand listening to that moronic gastropod Charles Barkley talk about how all the Warriors do is play street ball, or that they are all midgets, or that the Bay Area is grimey etc. That Jabba the Hut ************ can barely speak english. He'll stroke the Suns as soon as he's done ripping the Warriors. Ooooooh and Tyreke Evans is the greatest rookie of all time!!!! Curry is just on a team that does nothing but jack the ball up so his numbers are inflated :evil:
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:31 pm
Chum wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:I hate when everyone was saying how short handed the Blazers are. Yeah, try losing 15 guys.

Some idot on ESPN radio was talking about how the Blazers were the most injury devasted team this year :roll:

Seriously, the sports news people crap on the Warriors constantly. I can't stand listening to that moronic gastropod Charles Barkley talk about how all the Warriors do is play street ball, or that they are all midgets, or that the Bay Area is grimey etc. That Jabba the Hut ************ can barely speak english. He'll stroke the Suns as soon as he's done ripping the Warriors. Ooooooh and Tyreke Evans is the greatest rookie of all time!!!! Curry is just on a team that does nothing but jack the ball up so his numbers are inflated :evil:

Yeah, that is definitely major BS. I've always hated "Sir Charles" too...he hates the Warriors because he could never run like that on a team that runs all the time.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Previous

Return to Game Threads