Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:45 pm
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Gods sake Bada! get over it!!! football was named football first! :mrgreen:

But America did it BETTER! Soccer sucks!!! :wink:

C'mon Bada, soccer is at least as fun to watch as baseball and it's a lot more fun to play than baseball.

However, American Football is the sport of Kings :) I still think it needs a new name...

Does anyone else like Arena Ball btw? The NFL channel now has Arena Ball Fridays and it's freaking great. I love the speed, rules and scoring of Arena Ball. Seriously. No Mr. Green to follow this post.

Grid Iron :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:16 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:LOL, yeah man, wasnt around for that..............thought you might have enjoyed it.

Jesus though, I mean that was probably the greatest individual attacking performance I have ever seen live.............incredible.............AND it was trashing the Arsenal scum! made it even more pretty to watch. :wink:

And then youre boys beat the old Madrid scum at the Bernabeu last weekend huh? good week. :wink:

Oh, yes!!!. It was an amazing week... and the best is yet to come. Winning the champions AT MADRID it's exactly the best way to finish a season you can think of...

A pity about Man U, mate. The ejection changed the whole game...

I bet its good for you! the title, and the champions league will follow soon with how Inter are playing and how f*cking disgustingly lucky Bayern are.

Yeah, not so much for me..............the awful game in Germany where we got hammered the whole game and they score two goals that should never have been. With Rooney getting injured right at the death.

Then lose at home to the Chelski scum, to an offside goal, and generally look completely impotent without Rooney.

Go ahead like that against Bayern in the 2nd leg, Rooney back, looking like its going to be one of the great nights in history.............then a sh*tty goal, and a sh*tty sending off............then that c*nt Robben scoring and we are out on away goals!!! :evil:

For those who dont follow football, away goals are goals that are scored on the other teams home field (obviously), so Man U lost 2-1 in Germany, then won 3-2 at home.........so overall it was a 4-4 tie but because the German team had scored 2 away goals to our 1, they go through!

Then, without Rooney again.............totally impotent and clueless, and draw 0-0 with Blackburn, Chelski beat Bolton last night..............so the title is now done. :banghead:

Hey, atleast we won the League Cup!!! :roll:

Ps: TMC, did you see Sir Alex's comments after the Bayern game? =

Interviewer = "So, Sir Alex, how did you feel about the Munich players protesting and surrounding the referee to send of Rafael?"

Sir Alex = "I thought it was disgusting and just TYPICAL GERMANS really"

Man I laughed my ass off. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:09 am
Hey BIGS... I was wondering if you could provide me with a scouting report of a London based side that I've started to follow... But have you heard of the Layton Orients???

They are my official side that i've adopted from a cyber friend & i was wondering if they got any ticker (or whether ive just signed up on a madman's obsession "kinda like how we all preach to non basketball fans how the Warriors are DA BOMB" )

The Orients ain't a Premier League side but Division 2.. & obviously they dont show a lot of RUNNERS UP Competition on international TV :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:LOL, yeah man, wasnt around for that..............thought you might have enjoyed it.

Jesus though, I mean that was probably the greatest individual attacking performance I have ever seen live.............incredible.............AND it was trashing the Arsenal scum! made it even more pretty to watch. :wink:

And then youre boys beat the old Madrid scum at the Bernabeu last weekend huh? good week. :wink:

Oh, yes!!!. It was an amazing week... and the best is yet to come. Winning the champions AT MADRID it's exactly the best way to finish a season you can think of...

A pity about Man U, mate. The ejection changed the whole game...

I bet its good for you! the title, and the champions league will follow soon with how Inter are playing and how f*cking disgustingly lucky Bayern are.

Yeah, not so much for me..............the awful game in Germany where we got hammered the whole game and they score two goals that should never have been. With Rooney getting injured right at the death.

Then lose at home to the Chelski scum, to an offside goal, and generally look completely impotent without Rooney.

Go ahead like that against Bayern in the 2nd leg, Rooney back, looking like its going to be one of the great nights in history.............then a sh*tty goal, and a sh*tty sending off............then that c*nt Robben scoring and we are out on away goals!!! :evil:

For those who dont follow football, away goals are goals that are scored on the other teams home field (obviously), so Man U lost 2-1 in Germany, then won 3-2 at home.........so overall it was a 4-4 tie but because the German team had scored 2 away goals to our 1, they go through!

Then, without Rooney again.............totally impotent and clueless, and draw 0-0 with Blackburn, Chelski beat Bolton last night..............so the title is now done. :banghead:

Hey, atleast we won the League Cup!!! :roll:

Contrats on that!!! :mrgreen:

Nah, really, it's a shame but ManU is a one man show now. Without Rooney, they're done. Just bad luck with the timing of his injury, tho...

But I'm a bit worried about the Inter matchup. I mean, not on the level of football played, but I'm sure Mourinho is gonna make it an ugly game. If they score first, it's gonna be real though. Although it still would be a surprise if we don't make it through.

bigstrads wrote:Ps: TMC, did you see Sir Alex's comments after the Bayern game? =

Interviewer = "So, Sir Alex, how did you feel about the Munich players protesting and surrounding the referee to send of Rafael?"

Sir Alex = "I thought it was disgusting and just TYPICAL GERMANS really"

Man I laughed my ass off. :mrgreen:

I guess he'd say the same if it were spaniards or italians. We would have done the same... or even more. :wink:

And, Pawno... Leyton Orient???. Seriously???
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:00 am
PAWNO wrote:Hey BIGS... I was wondering if you could provide me with a scouting report of a London based side that I've started to follow... But have you heard of the Layton Orients???

They are my official side that i've adopted from a cyber friend & i was wondering if they got any ticker (or whether ive just signed up on a madman's obsession "kinda like how we all preach to non basketball fans how the Warriors are DA BOMB" )

The Orients ain't a Premier League side but Division 2.. & obviously they dont show a lot of RUNNERS UP Competition on international TV :mrgreen:

Sorry man, just noticed this.

Wow, The Orient huh?..............yeah I know of them, being a London boy of course.

Its Leyton Orient just to be precise for ya............strange one to get involved with as you rightly say, they are in Division 3 in theory, with the Premier League being the top flight, then you have "The Championship" and then "League 1" which they are in.............but there is "League 2" after that, so atleast they arent in the bottom division.

They are in the same division as the the local team in the area I live in now, Brighton. My lady's Dad goes "up the Orient" once a season. :wink:

But yeah, they are a very old club, over 120 years old I think so are steeped in history.............just unfortunate that all of that history has been in the lower leagues, bar a couple of decent runs in the cups.

At the moment they are just hovering above the relegation zone which would take them down to the bottom division but they should be safe by next weekend.

Players? well they are very much a lower league team with no real players that are above that level..............just a typical team that stays down that end because they simply cannot attract good players and if they get lucky with a youngster, he is quickly bought by a bigger club.

Thats the problem with clubs of that level really, cuz as soon as they get a decent player then that guy is bought up by the bigger and better clubs..............especially being in London aswell because there are so many London teams, a kid could be a Leyton Orient boy but would also love to play for Arsenal, Tottenham or West Ham..............so teams like Orient just end up being a feeder team for the bigger London clubs.

So yeah, good luck with that one.................Id imagine even being a Raiders fan would probably be more fun. :wink:
Special Message for TMC = GET IN SCHOLESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no voice right now man. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:35 am
bigstrads wrote:Special Message for TMC = GET IN SCHOLESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no voice right now man. :wink:

You mean... this?

Congrats, man. I watched the game and was also rooting for ManU to beat City... for selfish reasons, of course, as we also needed City to lose.

Now you have to rely on MY boys to beat Chelsea at the Lane... [-o<
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:46 am
Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:09 pm
bigstrads wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Hey BIGS... I was wondering if you could provide me with a scouting report of a London based side that I've started to follow... But have you heard of the Layton Orients???

Sorry man, just noticed this.

Wow, The Orient huh?..............yeah I know of them, being a London boy of course.

Its Leyton Orient just to be precise for ya............strange one to get involved with as you rightly say, they are in Division 3 in theory, with the Premier League being the top flight, then you have "The Championship" and then "League 1" which they are in.............but there is "League 2" after that, so atleast they arent in the bottom division.

They are in the same division as the the local team in the area I live in now, Brighton. My lady's Dad goes "up the Orient" once a season. :wink:

But yeah, they are a very old club, over 120 years old I think so are steeped in history.............just unfortunate that all of that history has been in the lower leagues, bar a couple of decent runs in the cups.

At the moment they are just hovering above the relegation zone which would take them down to the bottom division but they should be safe by next weekend.

Players? well they are very much a lower league team with no real players that are above that level..............just a typical team that stays down that end because they simply cannot attract good players and if they get lucky with a youngster, he is quickly bought by a bigger club.

Thats the problem with clubs of that level really, cuz as soon as they get a decent player then that guy is bought up by the bigger and better clubs..............especially being in London aswell because there are so many London teams, a kid could be a Leyton Orient boy but would also love to play for Arsenal, Tottenham or West Ham..............so teams like Orient just end up being a feeder team for the bigger London clubs.

So yeah, good luck with that one.................Id imagine even being a Raiders fan would probably be more fun. :wink:
Special Message for TMC = GET IN SCHOLESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no voice right now man. :wink:

Ah bro... i love the term RELEGATION

It's a great thing knowing, that's there's no such thing as tanking... as in AMERICAN SPORTS prestigious teams who have a bad season & go into tank mode are not punished for putting out a inferior product.

The Relegation system works well because i imagine there's more money to be made being a really bad "TOP COMP" side compared to playing in a lower league but being a "TOP TEAM" (kind of like the Gifted player wanting to move up and play in a higher comp)

======

Oh BTW ... on a side note I've always wanted to visit BRIGHTON & A place called BRISTOL (only because of the city i'm from is Brisbane & Brighton preludes Brisbane whilst Bristol would conclude Brisbane in alphabetical order of CITIES)

Brighton looks like to be a nice little seaside town with a gorgeous pier & how i originally found out about it was supposedly Dance Music Act FatBoySLim played a musical festival there once where a Qtr of a Million people attended. . . . But i have been warned that it is also the San Francisco of Britain as in it's one of the gay capitals of that side of the earth. (So if TMC was ever to visit you, should he be worried if you suggested to go for a quick stroll down the beach ) 8)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:23 am
PAWNO wrote:Ah bro... i love the term RELEGATION

That's probably because you're so used to it... After all, that's what women usually do to you, ain't it? :mrgreen:

(Was that too ruthless???... You know I'm joking, right, buddy?)

PAWNO wrote:Brighton looks like to be a nice little seaside town with a gorgeous pier & how i originally found out about it was supposedly Dance Music Act FatBoySLim played a musical festival there once where a Qtr of a Million people attended. . . . But i have been warned that it is also the San Francisco of Britain as in it's one of the gay capitals of that side of the earth. (So if TMC was ever to visit you, should he be worried if you suggested to go for a quick stroll down the beach ) 8)

Considering this island is the gay capital of Europe, I don't think Brighton is gonna scare me in the least...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:46 am
TMC wrote:

That's probably because you're so used to it... After all, that's what women usually do to you, ain't it? :mrgreen:

OUCH :mrgreen:

TMC wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Brighton looks like to be a nice little seaside town with a gorgeous pier & how i originally found out about it was supposedly Dance Music Act FatBoySLim played a musical festival there once where a Qtr of a Million people attended. . . . But i have been warned that it is also the San Francisco of Britain as in it's one of the gay capitals of that side of the earth. (So if TMC was ever to visit you, should he be worried if you suggested to go for a quick stroll down the beach ) 8)

Considering this island is the gay capital of Europe, I don't think Brighton is gonna scare me in the least...

Really, where you are is the gay capital of Europe :shock:

Maybe you better come to see me in Portugal when I'm there than me come to see you :wink: Heck, I'd even pay for your flight :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:34 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Really, where you are is the gay capital of Europe :shock:

Well, it's the capital of gay holidays in Europe, actually... but that's in the south of the island, mainly (not to say the north is much better, but it's more of a town environment, in which, except at certain times, everybody just cares about their own business).

Don't worry, it's pretty "safe", unless you decide to take a walk in the beach, at night... alone... you know... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:43 am

It's a great thing knowing, that's there's no such thing as tanking... as in AMERICAN SPORTS prestigious teams who have a bad season & go into tank mode are not punished for putting out a inferior product.

The Relegation system works well because i imagine there's more money to be made being a really bad "TOP COMP" side compared to playing in a lower league but being a "TOP TEAM" (kind of like the Gifted player wanting to move up and play in a higher comp)

======

Oh BTW ... on a side note I've always wanted to visit BRIGHTON & A place called BRISTOL (only because of the city i'm from is Brisbane & Brighton preludes Brisbane whilst Bristol would conclude Brisbane in alphabetical order of CITIES)

Brighton looks like to be a nice little seaside town with a gorgeous pier & how i originally found out about it was supposedly Dance Music Act FatBoySLim played a musical festival there once where a Qtr of a Million people attended. . . . But i have been warned that it is also the San Francisco of Britain as in it's one of the gay capitals of that side of the earth. (So if TMC was ever to visit you, should he be worried if you suggested to go for a quick stroll down the beach ) 8)

Yeah, I mean the whole threat of relegation is always good because you know there is always consequences for playing poorly and having a poor product out there.

Saying that, it does monopolise it a little.............as I said before, those teams with the money and sponsorship attract all the best players and even if a small club gets a good/great player, they are usually poached by one of the bigger teams.

Still, the the implications of relegation keep teams honest and ever so often there are a few big clubs that somehow get relegated.............plus, if a team is relegated say from the Premiership (top division) it costs them about 30 million pounds in revenue from TV and sponsorships............so its something to avoid huh.

==================

Bristol is a cool place I hear, never been there but know many people I trust the taste of who have. Its abit north and to the left, just across the water from Wales/Cardiff, about 2 and a half hours from me.

Brighton is very bohemian yeah, the gay community adds to that of course but generally there are alot of free thinking, hippie, goth types that add to overall atmosphere in Brighton............I got sick of the agro and trouble in London, growing up there and being surrounded by the daily threat of some f*ck wit wanting to "av a go" at you and stab you in your eye for a mobile phone.

F*ck that.............and for all of Brighton's night life and party town reputation, you get nowhere near the amound of trouble you do in many parts of London.

Its funny huh, I live in the gay capital of England, my favourite place on earth is the gay capital of America.............and I just came back from a month in the gay holidaying capital of Europe.............. :wink:

As for old "Fat Boy"...........yeah, he is from and lives in Brighton and pretty much every year holds his FREE concert on the seafront..............pretty cool, especially since my apartment overlooks one of the piers here, with my balcony, so I get to chill in my own home and watch/listen to it.

TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Special Message for TMC = GET IN SCHOLESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no voice right now man. :wink:

You mean... this?

Congrats, man. I watched the game and was also rooting for ManU to beat City... for selfish reasons, of course, as we also needed City to lose.

Now you have to rely on MY boys to beat Chelsea at the Lane... [-o<

Ohh sh*t yeah man!!!................awesome game against City and then your boys beat up on the Chelski scum, getting Terry sent off aswell so he misses the next game!!!

Spurs have just got to do us another favour next weekend. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:36 am
bigstrads wrote:Spurs have just got to do us another favour next weekend. :wink:

Eh... we'll see about that... 8)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:05 pm
Anyone watching the Barcelona versus Inter Milan game.... Geez, talk about horrible reffing.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:40 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Anyone watching the Barcelona versus Inter Milan game.... Geez, talk about horrible reffing.

Don't even get me started... :evil: :banghead: :protest: :pain10: :boxing:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board