*OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFFS AND PREDICTIONS THREAD*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:32 pm
With the playoffs so close, yet most matchups for the 1st round still not settled, I wanted to have a little discussion on what possible matchups for the 1st round people here would like to see. No need to list all the matchups that could happen, just the ones you'd like to see happen. Ofcourse, it has to be possible, in that it could still happen, not like Cleveland v Orlando in the 1st round, as that isn't possible.

For me:

Western Conference - I pretty much want the matchups as they are right now to stay. The best matchup to me -

Lakers v Thunder -
I'd like this matchup alot, because it puts Kobe v Durant and that'd be a battle of absolute superstars and really a measure of how good Durant really is right now. I really think the Thunder could surprise, maybe not win the series, but have a chance, mostly due their speed and guards. Westbrook could really have a big impact, having noone on the Lakers be able to matchup with him. If Bynum stayed injured for the 1st round, I think the Thunder's bigs could almost hold up, if that guy Serge Ibaka keeps playing the way he has been. He rebounds and blocks shots quite well and could be a difference maker. Collison and Krstic are pretty good as well, especially Collison, who does the dirty work. An intriguing and likely entertaining matchup this matchup of these two teams would be.

Eastern Conference -

Cleveland v Miami -
Won't happen, as Miami has already won too much, but I'd like to see this matchup, maybe it will happen in the 1st round. I'd like to see Lebron v Wade, probably as good as Kobe v Durant. Really think Miami can matchup with Cleveland, moreso if Shaq is still out. They'd need Beasley to finally be consistently good and if he was, they could even have a chance of winning the series.

Orlando v Chicago -
Won't happen either, but Chicago could match Orlando at most positions. They have good bigs in Noah and Taj Gibson, who could probably match Dwight, at least producing as much if not more than he did. Rose has no match from Orlando, probably same for Carter with anyone from Chicago. Would be the role players that would decide. Hinrich could be huge in such a series

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:36 pm
I was waiting to make this thread until they're set... beat me to it, buddy.

As for me, I don't care much about the east playoffs in the first round. It will get better, but the top teams in the east are so much better than the rest that's not even fun.

In the west... I'd love to see the Nuggets vs the Zombie Sonics. A Melo vs Durant matchup would be great for the first round.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:16 am
man imagine having Artest guard you all series in a 7 game serious. You'd certainly know you've played playoff basketball by the end of it
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:15 am
Quazza wrote:man imagine having Artest guard you all series in a 7 game serious. You'd certainly know you've played playoff basketball by the end of it

Maybe Lakers would stick him on Durant and not Kobe.

I'd like to plant a right straight on that Artest's ugly grill mate. What a wannker he can be, real dirty fuk sometimes

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:57 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:man imagine having Artest guard you all series in a 7 game serious. You'd certainly know you've played playoff basketball by the end of it

Maybe Lakers would stick him on Durant and not Kobe.

I'd like to plant a right straight on that Artest's ugly grill mate. What a wannker he can be, real dirty fuk sometimes

Oh I don't think there's any doubt Artest goes to Durant in that matchup
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:26 pm
By losing to the Blazers, the thunder are now definately finishing 8th, so they will meet the Lakers. Should be a real good matchup I think

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 pm
migya wrote:By losing to the Blazers, the thunder are now definately finishing 8th, so they will meet the Lakers. Should be a real good matchup I think

Well, not really... the Zombie Sonics do not have much inside, and even tho it's a great achievement to make the playoffs and I'm sure Kobe and Artest vs Durant and Green is going to be fun, I think the Lakers will win 4-1 or so. Not much of a challenge.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:05 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:By losing to the Blazers, the thunder are now definately finishing 8th, so they will meet the Lakers. Should be a real good matchup I think

Well, not really... the Zombie Sonics do not have much inside, and even tho it's a great achievement to make the playoffs and I'm sure Kobe and Artest vs Durant and Green is going to be fun, I think the Lakers will win 4-1 or so. Not much of a challenge.

I do think it will be rather an easy win, but the possibility is there that the Thunder could win a few games. If Bynum is injured still, especially for the whole series, I think the Thunder matchup quite well. With Serge Ibaka now playing a fair bit and being able to rebound and block shots quite well, they have a bit inside, just not like PGasol. Never know though, but I do think they are the best equiped to challenge the Lakers in the 1st round, as Durant is a megastar and could go off every game huge

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:27 am
Man, if the Thunder can get one more win, how weird is it going to look for ALL West playoff teams to have 50+ wins each? :shock:

Has that ever happened before?
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:37 am
bigstrads wrote:Man, if the Thunder can get one more win, how weird is it going to look for ALL West playoff teams to have 50+ wins each? :shock:

Has that ever happened before?

I would guess that its never happened before. Acouple years ago when the Dubs missed out on the playoffs with 46 or 48 wins they were the best ever non-playoff team.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:17 am
the first round in the west is going to very compelling in stark contrast to the 1st round in the east where the top 4 seeds will cruise.

Cavs and Magic will just cruise to the Eastern Conference Finals. That should be a great series.

Do you guys think the western conference representative will be too beat to hell by the time the finals arrive to beat the east representative?

I think it is pretty possible that the West team could have played 20 or 21 games before the finals to 13-15 for the eastern team. pretty big difference.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:52 pm
um.. i think the hawks will make some noise in the east. bulls are spunky too... and we all know what a healthy celtics team can do.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:26 pm
Beast Mode wrote:um.. i think the hawks will make some noise in the east. bulls are spunky too... and we all know what a healthy celtics team can do.

Celts are the ones that I think could step up. Rondo has been rather horrible the last two weeks or so, but that team clicking is championship material

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:29 pm
migya wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:um.. i think the hawks will make some noise in the east. bulls are spunky too... and we all know what a healthy celtics team can do.

Celts are the ones that I think could step up. Rondo has been rather horrible the last two weeks or so, but that team clicking is championship material

They look really fatigued whenever I watch them. I've read that having Rasheed Wallace hasn't even helped them, but rather hurt them. We'll just have to wait and see.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:16 pm
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

They look really fatigued whenever I watch them. I've read that having Rasheed Wallace hasn't even helped them, but rather hurt them. We'll just have to wait and see.

And KG ain't the same anymore... They can beat anybody not named Orlando and Cleveland, but that's it. Atlanta really is the darkhorse there.

The West is gonna be incredibly tough, tho, particularly from the second round. I still think the first round ain't that close (Denver vs Utah can go either side, but Roy's injury hurts the Blazers chances a lot, OKC doesn't seem to have enough inside and the Spurs look old and slow).

I'll post more on each matchup later...
Next

Return to NBA Forum