Game Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Warriors 2010-04-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors win at home against the Thunder?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:25 am

YES
No votes
NO
100%

Total votes : 3

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:40 pm
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:lol it cracks me up to hear Warriors fans pissed off after a great game and great win like that.

- Curry has another great game. Another step closer to ROY.
- Monta had a great game and played like a true SG. Awesome D!
- Tolliver 14 and 13. Battled hard on D the whole game.
- Turiaf had game changing blocks.
- Nellie out-coached the most likely Coach of the Year.

Great game!

And all those things resulted in a great, marvelous, fukin poetic season, where the team had all that you mentioned and the #1 seed, likely leading to a glorious championship that we can all be proud of.........................

LIKE FUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So win win the championship or everything else is crap? I just don't see it that way. I also don't think a few % points in the lotto is going to make much of any difference.

I enjoyed the win as did everyone in Oracle Arena, as was evident by the huge applause and everyone standing the last 4 minutes of the game. I think that's worth something.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:47 pm
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:lol it cracks me up to hear Warriors fans pissed off after a great game and great win like that.

Great game!

And all those things resulted in a great, marvelous, fukin poetic season, where the team had all that you mentioned and the #1 seed, likely leading to a glorious championship that we can all be proud of.........................

LIKE FUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So win win the championship or everything else is crap? I just don't see it that way. I also don't think a few % points in the lotto is going to make much of any difference.

No, coming second, thus losing in the finals is still a good season, at least I consider it so. Making the playoffs, maybe winning a series or two or three, I also consider a good season.

PUTTING YOURSELF AT 6TH WORST RECORD INSTEAD OF 3RD WORST, THUS LOWERING YOUR CHANCES SUBSTANCIALLY AT A HIGHER PICK IS NOT GOOD, TO ME AT LEAST

Chum wrote:I enjoyed the win as did everyone in Oracle Arena, as was evident by the huge applause and everyone standing the last 4 minutes of the game. I think that's worth something.

Yes it is, it's worth a good minute or two of cheering and good feeling.

A top 3 pick - Worth a few days at elast of cheering and good feeling. The chance of making great moves, for the short term as well as long term, also a great feeling and longer lasting

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:54 pm
whoa there migya.....
your pretty darn pissed as of now :|
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:57 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:whoa there migya.....
your pretty darn pissed as of now :|

No more than the last couple of seasons and the past fourteen before that, minus the two before that where the team won some

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:13 pm
I wish we could have lost more games last year too!! Maybe we could have had Ricky Rubio! Hell, we could have drafted Hasheem Thabeet!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 pm
frenchalexander wrote:I wish we could have lost more games last year too!! Maybe we could have had Ricky Rubio! Hell, we could have drafted Hasheem Thabeet!!!

Yea that't the way to look at it, from the negative point of view, low probability point view, where fear dominates and doing the wrong thing makes it alright.

Like - Oh, we picked the worst player in the lottery, but hey, we only picked 6th, not like we picked 2nd, so it's all alright.

YEA, BUILD A CHAMPION THAT WAY!

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:03 pm
Hey... i went to the game... actually drove to the bay... 22 dollar tickets with a free T-Shirt were good enough... though the food services were shitty as usual. As usual, worst food services of all the major sports clubs in Northern California

Oh and the turiaf slam to ellis for the fast break was cool!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:20 pm
Chum wrote:So win win the championship or everything else is crap?

Yes. Absolutely. Only one team can be considered successful every year, from a sports point of view, and that's the one that wins the ring. Any other team has work to do (some more than others, of course) to reach that level, and anything else is crap.

Of course, not every team has a chance to win the ring every year... but you have to work towards that, even if it's a long term project, and that's what half the teams in the league ain't doing.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:49 am
very nice game, indeed. nicely played with intense finish. both teams put on a show, thunder more so in category of alley-oops, but both ran, both had great pg plays. and turiaf again showed his heart beyond statistics.
i quite like it, since thunder wanted it quite bad so it was like a playoff game, and we were that little bitch that screwed that bottom bitch for the heck of the fun.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:55 am

Great game!

I thought Keith Smart was coaching?
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:07 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:

Great game!

I was confused on that. It kinda looked like both Smart and Nellie were coaching?

Anyway, to TMC's comment on the Championship... Every team should strive to win a championship. That doesn't mean you can't find, and shouldn't look for, victories elsewhere. All the little victories are what eventually make for a championship team anyway.

You have to start somewhere, and while it is debateable (what isn't these days?) tanking may or may not help to lead to a championship team. I personally don't think it will help us. Whether or not we win a few of the last few games is only going to make a few % points difference in the lotto. On top of that it isn't clear who we should draft even is we have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th pick. It's a big ol' crapshoot.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:14 am
Chum wrote:You have to start somewhere, and while it is debateable (what isn't these days?) tanking may or may not help to lead to a championship team. I personally don't think it will help us. Whether or not we win a few of the last few games is only going to make a few % points difference in the lotto. On top of that it isn't clear who we should draft even is we have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th pick. It's a big ol' crapshoot.

This draft has one supposed future star and that is Wall. People are saying Evans is also a shoe in to be a star and likely will be taken at #2. So by getting a top 2 pick in this upcoming draft you have huge options in either getting a sure thing to be a very good player on your team or in a trade to improve your team. In the case of the team, a tradw ould be better, but getting something like the 5th or 6th pick is much less value than having either the #1 or #2 pick, even the #3 pick.

It is utterly imprtant to have the highest chance of getting a top 2-3 pick in this draft, it could mean so much for the future, now and for many years

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:42 pm
Gotta be like the Thunder getting top 5 picks year after year.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:02 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:

Great game!

it is funny.. I have read in a few places (not just here) that Nellie did an unusually good job coaching last night. Funny because Nelson did not coach last night. He let Smart coach the game.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:45 pm
bada wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:

Great game!

it is funny.. I have read in a few places (not just here) that Nellie did an unusually good job coaching last night. Funny because Nelson did not coach last night. He let Smart coach the game.

Nellie looked like he was coaching part of the game and Smart looked like he was coaching part of the game. If Nellie didn't coach at all then his assistant out coached the COY :)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads